Jeff wanted brainstorm ideas for Mercy, lets help him !

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 12 Next
07/08/2017 01:39 AMPosted by Triplet
I think we need some smart people, to think of ideas to change mercy's ult.

And please DON'T write stuff like "She can only res 1 person"

I think it would be enough to just up the charge points
decrease the time she has to rez people.

this would help alievate rezs on payload maps.....if you kill a mercy and make it target prioritization to kill her first that is not a bad play on your part you got rid of rez but why is mercy rewarded for dying when she can just walk back from spawn and rez
07/08/2017 01:39 AMPosted by Triplet
I think we need some smart people, to think of ideas to change mercy's ult.

And please DON'T write stuff like "She can only res 1 person"

I think it would be enough to just up the charge points

after reading some posts i think, you will not find them here.
Hello! Masters Mercy main here! I'll keep it short and simple. Mercy is literally perfect as she is.

Mercy is weak in high levels of play.

People just suck at dealing with mercy. Remove her from the fight first and bam, she useless. I've had many games where I had to switch off Mercy because the enemy team was so good at countering me. People just dont know enough game sense. It's literally that simple.
07/08/2017 04:16 PMPosted by Arokhantos
The issue is majority of ultimates can be interupted, Mercy cannot be interupted if she dies she just resses another time which is an issue, even doomfist ultimate cannot be interupted which should be dealt with.

Consider nano boost for example target can be crowd controlled or killed, or Orisa !@#$o ultimate.

Doomfist's ult is easily counterable by most characters, with snipers having the highest impact. There is time to move away from the ult and line up a headshot because Doomfist always appears in the same place within the visible targeting reticle. It's like killing a teleporting Reaper, it's just that Doomfist deals damage when he teleports.

As another relevant example, Zen ult cannot be interrupted and Zen himself is invincible for the duration of the ult. His ult is capable of preventing a team wipe that Mercy could counter with a resurrect, but Zen just has to hit Q to win that engagement. Mercy has to avoid dying with the team, then hit Q. Neither Zen or Mercy has an ult that is harder to use than the other. They just require different skillsets, with Zen requiring better reaction time and Mercy requiring better overall game sense and positioning. Zen ult can be countered directly only by Ana's grenade, and does leave the team still vulnerable to instant burst like snipers and Junkrat tires... but res has its own counters. To McCree, "Heroes never die!" sounds more like "Hey, do you know what time it is?"
Increase her ult charge time.

In return to make her still relevant give her an E ability.

My thought has always been

Allow her to throw her staff in the ground giving an aoe healing effect similar to solider 76s at the point the staff lands. The staff remains unless line of sight is broken for a few seconds or it is recalled by pressing E again.

She can't heal or buff using left click while active but she still can use her pistol and left shift/spacebar abilities.
Honestly, the problem isn't that Mercy's rez is overpowered. It's that people aren't playing around it.

If the enemy Mercy has rez up, you kill her first, or, in a pinch, second. That's by far the best counter. There are several heroes good at that; Genji is one of the best.

People that complain that rez can undo the effects of several ults (IE, a Zarya/Reaper wombo combo) fail to understand one of the most important aspects of the game; ult usage. Practically any ult in the game can get anywhere between zero and several metric truckloads of value depending on when and how they're used. McCree could get a six-kill with his ult, or he could be shot in the face before finishing it. Junkrat could explode six enemies with his ult, or it could be shot down. Rez is no different.

People that complain that it charges too fast are the same people that let it charge so fast. Mercy loves poke battles because she gets a lot of continuous healing off without anyone dying. If a Mercy gets two rezzes off within the span of a minute, it's because you're not committing to a fight hard enough.

There is one thing I'd fix though. I think it's utter baloney that she can, on the second point of a 2CP map, be killed first, then have her team die ten seconds later, only for her to fly out of spawn, get a free huge rez, and win the game. To fix that, I'd suggest that Rez be unusable for a moderate time (10~15 seconds) after respawning.
Resurrect, or as I want to call it to go along with my idea, nanobot discharge. Mercy's nano technology is released from her staff and goes to work to revive teammates.

When mercy ults, the death timers on her teammates halts, changes color to yellow, and reverses to go back to full. So if a teammate's death timer is about to expire, it will take longer for him to be resurrected (maybe 5 seconds max). Whereas a recent teammate's death will be revived almost immediately. The opposing team will be able to see the death timers, maybe glowing bright yellow also to indicate they are being revived. This will relieve some tempo swing if the mercy tries to hide and get that big ult off, as not everyone is likely not to be revived at the same time. Though it can still act as a counter ult to a 5 man zarya/pharah combo.
07/08/2017 01:54 PMPosted by VoodooRanger
07/08/2017 09:59 AMPosted by VoodooRanger
All of her rez targets rez with the same percentage of health she had when she rezzed them.

This would make the rez a bit more strategic, since just getting off the rez isn't enough if you lose 95% of your health to do it. You'd have to debate whether to risk damage for a bigger rez or just rez the people that are close to your current cover.

This was downvoted, but I'm curious why it wouldn't be considered balanced. Anyone want to provide input?

Not a single rebuttal. Typical.
07/08/2017 08:55 PMPosted by VoodooRanger
07/08/2017 01:54 PMPosted by VoodooRanger

This was downvoted, but I'm curious why it wouldn't be considered balanced. Anyone want to provide input?

Not a single rebuttal. Typical.

I'll bite: because getting rezzed with anything less than full health means it's not worth it to get rezzed. Bringing back a bunch of weak heroes into the fray with an enemy team that is possibly/probably steamrolling just feeds more ults to the enemy. Unless Mercy is at full health herself, her team would be better off respawning and regrouping on their own. Unless she's cheesing out a stall on 2CP, and we all know how much "fun" that is.

It also would directly incentivize hide-n-rez as a strategy, because Mercy's rez would become all but useless as soon as she got winged by a stray bullet.
Rez only when not under fire.
Add something to balance it out. Damage boost increase preferred.

Thus incentivise active teamplay and make huge rez hard but possible. More rewarding across the board.
A friend of Mine who is a mercy main had an interesting idea for it. It works the same as it does now, but it builds charges, and when you press Q, one person is revived for each charge stored. And maybe each charge should cost 1/2 or so of Mercy's original ult charge.
oh i know, how about when mercy is out of LoS, she hums like Sym's teleporter.
"Ress stacking" idea.

-Ultimate charge way more faster. Like tracer level fast.

- however u can ress only one guy.

- When the ultimate is ready, u slow start gain stack.

-Additional healing and assist after your base ultimate is ready
charge those "Miracle stack"

-If u die, your ult is still ready, but u return at 1 stack.

- Max Ress is 5 people (at rank 5 stack)

- Mercy no immortal during ress.
This might be a really stupid idea but what if they completely changed mercy's res and made it instead of bringing people back to life, she could heal 50% of her teammates health using her ult, or 75% but in a certain range. But i like the idea that i saw where she can res her team but they only gain 50% of their health.
I like the idea posted here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757616721

Mercy gains a temporary buff which resurrects any dead ally she touches. She would also gain benefits like free flight, damage reduction and/or regeneration in order to reach dead allies while surviving some degree of focus fire.
07/08/2017 11:28 PMPosted by Falcon
Rez only when not under fire.
Add something to balance it out. Damage boost increase preferred.

Thus incentivise active teamplay and make huge rez hard but possible. More rewarding across the board.

That would make mercy players hide more :/
fix Reinhardt bugs so he can squash that fly before she resurrects.
Suggesting Mercy needs LoS for her ult would kinda defeat the purpose of dashing to her team and trying to get the ult off before she ( usually ) dies afterwards. That and she's already vulnerable when she's using her dash and alot of times will die mid-dash when trying to pop her ult.

That would mean she would have to dash then try to align her LoS to get the largest rez possible, but she would be dead before that could happen if the other team is sitting on top of hers and they know that she's coming for the rez.

She doesn't have the time or health to use an ult based off LoS, especially when she gets focused pretty hard in general. The smaller maps would make it too difficult to use her.

The individual rez mechanic used for the Uprising Event would be pretty cool at the cost of some of her ult charge. It could work to keep a team going rather than just telling her team to just die and press Q when her ults ready.
Maybe cut Mercy's invulnerability frames by half while performing Rez? This change may not be enough, but it's a start at least.
Combined line of sight-range system. What I mean by this is the range of her ult (15 meters) would be the same only line of sight based, while those not in line of sight would need to be much closer, like 10 meters. This wouldn't change her ultimate too radically but it would require the mercy player to think more critically over which teammates to prioritise with the rez or position better when flying in.

Or maybe what needs to be changed is her ability to fly in and resurrect in an instant. What could be done is to simply add to her cast time. Currently it's 1 second, that's still pretty fast. This delay could be increased to 2 seconds, possibly 3, and she only gains her invulnerability after successfully resurrecting. (not so sure about that last bit but it's a thought)