Buff level 1 turret or remove it

General Discussion
Either buff this thing or remove it completely. It's useless in every situation with it's painfully slow fire rate and fragility.
That's why you use it only as a distraction or set it down as a temporary replacement as you go to set-up your level 2 turret,

It also has to be there to prevent the turret from becoming OP by becoming a effective source of quick damage.
There's a self buff in game. It's called Torb's hammer.
I think a good way to buff torb would be to allow him to have 1 level one turret and 1 level two turret or have 2 150hp level 2 turrets
07/09/2017 06:08 PMPosted by Shamou
That's why you use it only as a distraction or set it down as a temporary replacement as you go to set-up your level 2 turret,
The issue is it's not an effective distraction, since it builds from 1hp. Literally any damage will destroy it. I just wish it could tank some damage before dying - I get why it has barely any dps.
Or y'know, give torb his old turret hp (250 level 1, 425 level 2.)

And let him repair it faster/upgrade it while under fire.
07/09/2017 06:06 PMPosted by Kagrenac
Either buff this thing or remove it completely. It's useless in every situation with it's painfully slow fire rate and fragility.
I would instead add in different kinds of turrets.
07/09/2017 06:06 PMPosted by Kagrenac

Its not, its a distraction. Trash turrets are a thing, especially in brawls. Toss one down, move back, shoot whoever turns to it in the back of the head.
Torbs hitbox for his head just shreds his health and rate of fire with primary is too slow. He definitely is better than he used to be but still needs buffs
I think they just need to increase the amount of build generated when it's taking fire. No hero is handicapped as much as Torb without a turret since his ult revolves around it.

Another idea is just to have throwable turrets. At least he could throw it in the flank and shoot from the front.
Step 1: Press 2
Step 2: m1
For a 15 seconds cooldown ability his level 1 turret is utter garbage. It's a neat idea to invest more time to get a better turret but the current execution makes it pointless.
Off topic but is fragility a valid word? I thought it was frailty.
07/09/2017 06:13 PMPosted by MercySmurf
07/09/2017 06:08 PMPosted by Shamou
The issue is it's not an effective distraction, since it builds from 1hp. Literally any damage will destroy it. I just wish it could tank some damage before dying - I get why it has barely any dps.

A mini turret that builds in combat had been tried before in TF2, they wanted to promote a more aggressive 'attack builder' style helping weaving in armor and the like, but in practice when they added the gunslinger (imagine a alt tombjorn with: stores 2 turret charges, +100% build rate, -80% hitbox size, autoaims), and people would just spam them everywhere they went.

Maybe a little buffer health could be added to prevent a tracer sniping your turret from across the map, like 40 or so, but if they become hard to remove and 'build and forget' style we can see from other games that they often just become more nusiances to players.
Just make baby turrets invincible until they're able to shoot their gun.
NO
LEVEL 1 TURRET IS OP IT CAN DESTROY A REINHARDT SHIELD IN A FEW HITS
07/09/2017 06:23 PMPosted by Feral
NO
LEVEL 1 TURRET IS OP IT CAN DESTROY A REINHARDT SHIELD IN A FEW HITS

... What?
Level one turrets are extremely useful lol
You request doesn't make much sense...
07/09/2017 06:09 PMPosted by TheGreenman
There's a self buff in game. It's called Torb's hammer.

A D.Va firing from all the way across the map won't let Torbjorn upgrade his turret.