Are You Just Going To Ignore The Problem?

Competitive Discussion
Seriously, comp is in a very bad state at the moment.

I used to only play comp, as it was fun and people played a bit more properly than in QP.

Right now it's a joke and I'm not enjoying myself all that much anymore.

I’ll have some fun with mates in QP, or play some scrims with a team (which is really fun), but comp has fallen to pieces.

Now no system is perfect, but the amount of players voicing this issue has risen exponentially in recent weeks.

Blizzard’s response - silence.

So are the developers actually going to do anything about it? Do they have a plan? Do they even care??

This pretend ranked system needs some work and it needs it now, not in a few months time…

I know that they read the forums, so what gives? If someone at Blizzard actually reads this thread, please do something, ANYTHING! This silent treatment just won’t do anymore. Even content creators have had enough, all the big names on YouTube. Why has there been no response from Blizzard?

Come now...
Guaranteed season 6 will probably be the same as season 5 and season 4, and just as bad as (if not worse than) previous seasons. It's a real shame.
Season six will be more of the same.

More grievers.
More throwers.
More toxicity.
More mismatched matches with 3 Mercy mains on teams.
More snide comments from "good" players to "git gud".

Oh and don't forget your -300 SR adjustment after placements to keep you motivated and hooked.
07/12/2017 05:22 AMPosted by Physics
Now no system is perfect, but the amount of players voicing this issue has risen exponentially in recent weeks.

If you mean the same 10 people yelling over and over, then yes. It has indeed risen.
07/12/2017 05:42 AMPosted by Tankz
07/12/2017 05:22 AMPosted by Physics

If you mean the same 10 people yelling over and over, then yes. It has indeed risen.

No, dude… Not at all… Don't be blinded by your rank...
Each season that they’ve made some changes to the system I have enjoyed, oddly enough.
Season 4 was alright, I still enjoyed it, but it wasn’t as good as season 3 and season 5 is a joke.

If they just let season 6 come along, without addressing anything, it will be worse than this season IMO.
Bump because I believe this to be quite important
07/12/2017 07:31 AMPosted by Physics
Bump because I believe this to be quite important

to be clear, Tankz is absolutely right. There are in total about 10 people voicing such concerns. The rest of us on here do very much enjoy reading this hilarious banter, however. I bet the forum moderators are having the time of their lives.
07/12/2017 07:37 AMPosted by alexfly
There are in total about 10 people voicing such concerns

It’s more than just here. Prominent YouTubers are voicing the same complaints as well…
The wheels are falling off...
Saying only ten people are talking about how !@#$ed up the matchmaking system is, is like saying only cops kill black people.

There's a lot of evidence against it but people would rather shut it out with their own deluded opinions and biased "facts"
So, probably not.

If they did, at this point, I'd be amazed.

Comp doesn't bring in any money. As far as I can tell, it was a massively failed experiment, with obvious flaws and sucked the fun out of playing an otherwise good game at all levels of play, it seems. It's been over a year, the thing hasn't had any changes of merit since it was launched, which obviously includes season 1.

What, exactly, are they going to do? Are they suddenly going to ban leavers? Are they going to make a system that finally rewards people for sticking around for the entire fight, even if they are losing? Will they simplify the SR system and make it public for everyone to see? Or finally, actually, simply make wins and losses the only factor in having your rank go up or down?

No.

And why would they, again? Events bring in money, comp does not.

Overwatch is a great game. Comp is casual and the best game mode. SR doesn't matter. Expect that forever.
Nothing going to change, they're desperately getting Overwatch Esports with this crappy competitive system.

http://fortune.com/2017/07/12/activision-blizzard-overwatch-league-owners-robert-kraft
They can do whatever they want. Getting a lot of money doesn't make this game any better.

In a sense, good for them that they overachieved. And if the day comes that this thing fell on their face, it's good that Blizzard is taking money from people who have too much of it, anyway.

There probably is a future in esports. I can't imagine it would be Overwatch, but if it is, yay. I'm sure I'll watch it as much as I've watched the local pro soccer matches in the US. Which it to say, zero.
Its stupid that they spearhead us into playing comp with the decay system. Cause I like being forced to play the game and be reminded if I doint play for 7 days ill decay but when I okay my matches I just get toxic people and unfair match making like 5 mercy mains on my team and we get steamrolled because the enemy team is balanced but mine isn't. Sometimes it happens to the opposing team and it hurts me to see it happen to them as well. If the system is this bad them they should get rid of the decay system untill they fix the problem with the negative players and unfair match making.
Here's what you people don't understand:

There's a difference between educated voices and ignorant voices.

A few thousand 9/11 truthers yelling about how jet fuel can't melt steel beams does make their criticisms any more true than a potato thinking that it can grow a synapse.

Similarly, people who don't collect data and only yell when negative things impact them (such as not complaining about a winstreak but complains about the losestreak that follows) should NEVER be trusted to head a logical discussion.

Let me ask you this: would you trust the 99.7% of scientists who say global warming is real, or the millions of people who watch Fox news and think that it's a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese, just because there are more idiots who think that is the case?
07/12/2017 08:58 AMPosted by BBW

A few thousand 9/11 truthers yelling about how jet fuel can't melt steel beams does make their criticisms any more true than a potato thinking that it can grow a synapse.

Similarly, people who don't collect data and only yell when negative things impact them (such as not complaining about a winstreak but complains about the losestreak that follows) should NEVER be trusted to head a logical discussion.

Let me ask you this: would you trust the 99.7% of scientists who say global warming is real, or the millions of people who watch Fox news and think that it's a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese, just because there are more idiots who think that is the case?

Collecting data means nothing to you deniers. I did that. The reply i got from all in your cult is "Your data means nothing".

but but but, what if i have no academic basis in statistics and want to complain using my anecdotal evidence and the anecdotal evidence of my equally delusional friends.
07/12/2017 10:27 AMPosted by Babanovac

Collecting data means nothing to you deniers. I did that. The reply i got from all in your cult is "Your data means nothing".

you, my friend, are the one who is part of a cult.

this company legit hires Ph.D's in data science and related fields to help maintain balanced matchmaking (you can look up the jobs blizz hires for within the Overwatch team) and here you are with your little Excel spreadsheet "proving" matchmaking is flawed. LUL
07/12/2017 10:33 AMPosted by alexfly
07/12/2017 10:27 AMPosted by Babanovac

you, my friend, are the one who is part of a cult.

this company legit hires Ph.D's in data science and related fields to help maintain balanced matchmaking (you can look up the jobs blizz hires for within the Overwatch team) and here you are with your little Excel spreadsheet "proving" matchmaking is flawed. LUL

Again. Data versus your "opinion", or whatever that is you just wrote. Sure.
07/12/2017 05:37 AMPosted by TheCyo
More toxicity.
More mismatched matches with 3 Mercy mains on teams.

Have you ever not reacted negatively to criticism ? or do you explode into toxicity ?
Because this is exactly what happens if you give criticism to others, they explode into a toxic cloud, tilting everyone including yourself.