PSA: Using a Defense character is not throwing.

General Discussion
This
So walling the team in spawn as Mei isn't throwing?
Don't expect me to buddy up to you if you go attack torb, especially when there's no rein or orisa, when there's just so much better options for going offense.
This is the most useless PSA I have ever read
06/29/2017 04:17 PMPosted by MetaVolca

t.h.i.s

Please show us where the post said that, and how just picking Mei is the same as this

Please show me where the post said that, and how just picking Mei is the same as this

As soon as you explain why anybody would pick a defense hero when there's way better options you can pick to better contribute to the team as a whole.
Unless your pick is not working and your team clearly and desperately needs another role.

Then it IS throwing.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Please show me where the post said that, and how just picking Mei is the same as this

As soon as you explain why anybody would pick a defense hero when there's way better options you can pick to better contribute to the team as a whole.

??? Is this the official thread for missing the point? I never said anything for or against defense heroes. I asked why that dude said that when it has nothing to do with the OP.

"Playing defense heroes isn't throwing" =/= "Using Mei to wall off your spawn isn't throwing"

Edit: Why in the hell is this getting downvoted???

this was literally not stated. Im talking about you all you dps mains who moan when you see a defense character at selection
06/29/2017 04:28 PMPosted by ColArana
Unless your pick is not working and your team clearly and desperately needs another role.

Then it IS throwing.

Not if that player can't play the role you need. Switching would be tantamount to throwing in that case.
06/29/2017 04:28 PMPosted by ColArana

Then it IS throwing.

That goes for any role though. If our Soldier has no aim and we need a healer it's the same situation.

I rather have a Mei or Junkrat who is good and comfortable with the hero rather than a McCree or Soldier who isn't
I mean, Blizzard themselves say that hero picks don't count for accusing someone else of "throwing". Defense or otherwise.
Bless you. Bless this post. And bless your service to the OW community.

-Widow main
What about using certain defense characters on offense?

What about using certain defense characters that you've hardly ever played before because you're mad about something?
06/29/2017 10:47 PMPosted by JesusCares

What about using certain defense characters that you've hardly ever played before because you're mad about something?

When I'm on a team of sub-optimal picks that can't be helped by any pick I make, then I'm going to take the opportunity to become more familiar with sub-optimal heroes as well. It's not that I'm throwing, I'm just choosing to get more experience on those heroes. I'm still going to try my best to win with that hero and I would appreciate it if it wasn't considered throwing any more than I consider the rest of my team to be throwing because of their sub-optimal picks. It doesn't mean I'm mad at anyone, it just means I'm going to approach the match in the same spirit as the rest of my team. Getting upset at certain teammates because they're not accommodating the rest of the team's poor hero choices and calling them throwers seems pretty rich.
06/29/2017 10:08 PMPosted by LoneProphet

I rather have a Mei or Junkrat who is good and comfortable with the hero rather than a McCree or Soldier who isn't

Very true.
06/29/2017 10:47 PMPosted by JesusCares

Torb on Hanamura attack, Your thought's?
06/29/2017 04:17 PMPosted by SlyMisterFox
Don't expect me to buddy up to you if you go attack torb, especially when there's no rein or orisa, when there's just so much better options for going offense.

If you have the right to judge someone for picking Torbjorn, then he has the right to judge you for NOT picking Reinhardt or Orisa.

Overwatch players make a lot of noise when someone goes attack Torbjorn, but I see a lot of silence when it comes to buffing him. Stop with the double standards.