There is a penalty for leaving Quick Play?

General Discussion
I just got a -75% XP reduction on Xbox One for leaving only like 2-3 games of Quick Play. Quick. Play. I didn't know such a thing existed. Why? Quick Play is supposed to be the main mode of the game for casual Overwatch gameplay. Why is there a penalty for leaving, and more importantly, leaving so few of games? It's not like the game automatically picks up players from matchmaking and replaces the missing players or anything... Oh wait. Yes it does.
It is annoying to leave the game and turn the whole game upside down. My pc has shut off randomly due to heat during Qp (thank god not comp) and I haven't been slapped with a penalty....yet
I know, I feel this way to. I understand and welcome penalties for leaving comp.... but quick play? Who cares if someone leaves?
Stop leaving matches and screwing your teammates.
Because Blizzard doesn't want to support cowards who leave at the first sign of trouble. So they punish deserters.

If you want to leave - go play custom games.
Leaving matches still makes you a douche. Doesn't matter if it's comp or not.
There's a penalty because you're screwing over eleven, sorry, twelve other people. You're forcing the five other members of your team to lose. You're ensuring that the six players on the other team don't even get close to a fair fight. You're forcing another person to backfill into the mess you made.

That's why there's a leaver penalty. You get hit with it for being a chronic jerk.

And, by the way, you didn't just leave 2-3 games. You've left at least 5 out of your last 20. The QP and Arcade penalty allows you to leave 20% of your last 20 games. Meaning that you've left at least 5 while game play was active.
I mean whats the big fuzz about a xp penalty? This isnt a mmo, you dont get stronger for having higher level. The only thing you get for leveling is borders and loot boxes. Both are purely cosmetic. You can still play as much as you want.

Also you wont get any xp anyway when you leave so since you leave so often to get that penalty, you cant be caring about xp that much that it should really matter to you.
07/01/2017 03:32 PMPosted by escampee
There's a penalty because you're screwing over eleven, sorry, twelve other people. You're forcing the five other members of your team to lose. You're ensuring that the six players on the other team don't even get close to a fair fight. You're forcing another person to backfill into the mess you made.

That's why there's a leaver penalty. You get hit with it for being a chronic jerk.

And, by the way, you didn't just leave 2-3 games. You've left at least 5 out of your last 20. The QP and Arcade penalty allows you to leave 20% of your last 20 games. Meaning that you've left at least 5 while game play was active.
How is it Im being a jerk and screwing my team if Im leaving the game at the like very beginning because Ive got some !@#$ to go do? How is that, Mr. Know-it-all? I just didn't know it was a thing and didn't understand why it exists because Quick Play and Arcade are supposed to be game modes that allow in and out for players minus 1v1.

And seriously, unless leaving during loading screens, before Play of the Game, or during the commendations screen, all count as leaving before the match ends, then I guess I'm guilty as charged for at least 5 leaves. But I had only like 3 actual leaves.
07/01/2017 03:27 PMPosted by MouthyRocket
I know, I feel this way to. I understand and welcome penalties for leaving comp.... but quick play? Who cares if someone leaves?

probably the other people on your team tbh
07/31/2017 12:18 PMPosted by a23AWESOME
I just didn't know it was a thing and didn't understand why it exists because Quick Play and Arcade are supposed to be game modes that allow in and out for players minus 1v1.

where exactly was it ever indicated to you that QP and arcade are supposed to allow leavers?

You're bad and you should feel bad. it's that simple
07/01/2017 03:28 PMPosted by Solex
Stop leaving matches and screwing your teammates.

You're not really screwing your teammates if you get replaced in seconds.

It's either the guy leaves or spends the rest of the game trolling. I'd rather he leaves.
07/31/2017 12:18 PMPosted by a23AWESOME
How is it Im being a jerk and screwing my team if Im leaving the game at the like very beginning because Ive got some !@#$ to go do?

Learn to manage your time better.
Never understood penalties in this. Might be the first casual shooter with them, dont think call of duty has them.
07/31/2017 12:28 PMPosted by MouseRat
Never understood penalties in this. Might be the first casual shooter with them, dont think call of duty has them.

Crazy, it's almost like this is a more team-based game and isn't CoD.
07/31/2017 12:30 PMPosted by McSqueeb117
07/31/2017 12:28 PMPosted by MouseRat

Crazy, it's almost like this is a more team-based game and isn't CoD.

im saying its a casual shooter like cod , not the team based thing
made a similar post to this as well. It's stupid. This and arcade are meant to be casual, hence the reason why comps are ridiculous and/or stupid. And as you said, the game fills when someone leaves. The fact that this got downvoted like this is hilarious. As if people are that serious about someone leaving a QP/arcade match, but the matches are in no way competitive when you actually play them. Every time I play these two game modes and someone is acting stupid, I get on them and they always say,"chill out, it's only QP/arcade." Yet a post on here about them being casual gets downvoted. Where is the logic?

Answer: There is none.
People like you are why there should be heavier penaltiies.

They really need to push people like this into the arcade
Think of the -75% XP as standard and if you are a good sport then you earn more XP and lootboxes.
But what if you want to play Moira in quick play? If your on console you get like 1 week to get up to speed before she is comp eligible. I don't have enough time to not be playing her at this time.
6v6 no limits is not a good place to learn a heros role within a composition.

Besides if you leave with 25sec left in hero select, you didn't effect anyone ^_~