There is a penalty for leaving Quick Play?

General Discussion
I never understood that either... and it's not really stated before starting a match or stated anywhere in the game until the penalty is received. I can't think of another game that hands out penalties to players who leave quick play game modes.
Because the main objective is still to win the match? You put your teammates at a big disadvantage if you just leave the match.

This season, I've played more QP than Comp, as I've (shockingly) (sarcasm...not really) encountered fewer issues on QP than in Comp.

Bottom line: If you need to leave a game, that's fine...but if you do it consistently, you're going to get penalized.
If you leave a lot in QP, you first receive lower XP gains and you can eventually get banned.
So don't.
Even with the backfill mechanic, it's crap to leave in QP.
Be a man and play to the very end.
In OW, a match is not decided until it's finished.
IMO the penalty should be active for the people that leave during hero select as well. Cry babies that can't get Moira so leave the game. Every game has 2-3 of these.
I consider this very nonsense... i never in my life saw quickplay with penalty and this will increase the ammount of troll for sure. i think is a very silly move from blizzard honestly. And you all talking about leavers, im more than sure that you all eventually left a QP for one reason or another.
I think the penalty is in place for every game mode, not just QP and comp. I saw it for the first time yesterday after quitting a game of FFA, when almost all of my match leaves are for FFA because I figured it didn't matter if I didn't have a team to be letting down.
You signed up for this so you have no right to complain.
Haha, yall act like QP is full of people actually trying. "It's a team game." Tell that to the 5dps and I'm-the-only-healer team, or where you just have every off hero in the match. It's at least every 3rd game, maybe more were you have a Hanzo and a Widow in the same match, and they aren't doing it because they're good. You know why they're doing it? Because it's QP. "Chill out dude, it's QP."

You never had anyone quit, and then you start doing well? I've joined a game that was basically lost and carried it to a win before. Sometimes a quiter helps.

I use QP to practice heroes until I feel competent enough for comp, or to @!@@%!!@ around with the guys. I've never once lost and been like, oh, it's cause that one guy left. (Really, if you lose then, then they were carrying you and their back hurt.) I don't care about the penalty, but there's an amazing amount of people butt hurt in here because people left QP. Like really, you guys are toxic. All this !@#$%ing, sounds like you guys should just play competitive.
It's so stupid that there is a penalty for leaving QUICK PLAY matches
07/31/2017 12:25 PMPosted by Cyndikate
07/01/2017 03:28 PMPosted by Solex
Stop leaving matches and screwing your teammates.

You're not really screwing your teammates if you get replaced in seconds.

It's either the guy leaves or spends the rest of the game trolling. I'd rather he leaves.

If you're in a team fight and you leave, and let's say someone on your team died, that's 4 v 6; you cost them the fight. Not to mention the person that replaced you still has to pick a hero and run out of spawn.
Penalties for leaving QP exist, but are more forgiving than Comp. Still, leave enough QP games in a certain window of time and you will get the penalty.

Maybe they've tightened it up a little bit recently, I don't know.
Just made a post about this and got downvoted to hell. “Take quickplay seriously and don’t leave, or you’ll get a penalty, but not too seriously, otherwise you’ll get flamed for asking people to switch off 5 DPS.” “It’s just quickplay, so who cares if you win or lose, but it’s also JUST quickplay, so you have to take it seriously and can’t leave.” LOGIC LEVEL 9000.

Just start playing whatever you want and don’t focus on winning in QP, turn off comms; that’s what I got out of the responses...as long as you don’t leave this somehow doesn’t make you selfish.
This thread has now been necro’d three times. It wants to die. Let it go to thread heaven.
it's "Quick Play" not "Quit Play"
[quote="207560678591"]How is it Im being a jerk and screwing my team if Im leaving the game at the like very beginning because Ive got some !@#$ to go do? How is that, Mr. Know-it-all?

I mean, sorry - it's not 12 other people's fault you couldn't tell 3 minutes ago that you'd have something to do in the next 3-10 minutes of your life. There's really no good excuse for having to leave a game, routinely, because "stuff comes up" -- that really just means you knew you had something to do, opted to do it last minute, and played the game til the absolute last second and then waved a middle finger on the way out.

/shrug
5/20 is the ratio... So if you leave 5 games out of 20 last games you played, you get this penalty... When your leaving games at this rate, you disrupt your game and you put your team at a disadvantage 25% of the games you play in QP... What is so hard to comprehend why this is bad to do? I understand your logic that its QP... but 25% leave rate is a high rate! You deserve the -75%, plain and simple.
02/16/2018 07:57 AMPosted by pattycakes81
I mean, sorry - it's not 12 other people's fault you couldn't tell 3 minutes ago that you'd have something to do in the next 3-10 minutes of your life. There's really no good excuse for having to leave a game, routinely, because "stuff comes up" -- that really just means you knew you had something to do, opted to do it last minute, and played the game til the absolute last second and then waved a middle finger on the way out.

/shrug

You are responding to a post that was made back in July of last year. For the love of god STAHP.
Only if you leave it a lot. I leave it from time to time, when it's REALLY bad, never got penalty
02/16/2018 08:07 AMPosted by MrTickles
02/16/2018 07:57 AMPosted by pattycakes81

/shrug

You are responding to a post that was made back in July of last year. For the love of god STAHP.

Oops I didn't see when it was posted.
07/01/2017 03:28 PMPosted by Solex
Stop leaving matches and screwing your teammates.

No, just no.

QP isn't a "real game", nobody takes it seriously, nobody picks heroes seriously.

QP at this point is literally Honzo and Widow training range, thats ALL it is, there is no point to having the penalty anymore, leave the penalties to Competitive mode.