Possible Fix to Overwatch's Toxity

Competitive Discussion
One of Overwatch's major problems in my opinion is toxicity. When I first got started playing Overwatch I rarely had games with Toxicity. The older this game has gotten the more toxicity I find. I barely play one or two games a week and they are filled with toxicity blizzard needs to do something about this. I think a reward/penalty system where teammates and enemy vote on a person who was exceptionally toxic or very calm and reduced toxicity and give items or special loot boxes to people who are constantly up voted and give some sort of penalty to people who are down voted a lot.
People are actively getting banned for being toxic its just a matter of reports. The problem is that a lot of people close their eyes on toxic people instead of reporting.
07/08/2017 08:46 PMPosted by MikeDonaghy
One of Overwatch's major problems in my opinion is toxicity. When I first got started playing Overwatch I rarely had games with Toxicity. The older this game has gotten the more toxicity I find. I barely play one or two games a week and they are filled with toxicity blizzard needs to do something about this. I think a reward/penalty system where teammates and enemy vote on a person who was exceptionally toxic or very calm and reduced toxicity and give items or special loot boxes to people who are constantly up voted and give some sort of penalty to people who are down voted a lot.

I uninstalled today for this reason. If they implemented a reward system like this, I'd gladly reinstall for the long haul. I'm not holding my breath though.
07/08/2017 08:52 PMPosted by Hunter
People are actively getting banned for being toxic its just a matter of reports. The problem is that a lot of people close their eyes on toxic people instead of reporting.
Nobody has ever been banned for toxicity. You might get chat banned if you did it in text where the GM's can read it, but you will not get banned from the game based upon reports no matter how many you get. This forum alone serves as evidence the report function is broken since it's nothing more than an echo chamber of disgruntled players complaining about everything and accusing everyone of throwing all their games.
"toxicity never dies" ~honestly thinking of what mercy says when she revives people since its pretty much true in this pretense.

No matter what kind of system you try to implement it will not vanish. Even more so if you even were to get them banned in some way, shape, or form a true toxic player will always find a way back before its up and cause more problems. On top of that anyone can act calm for loot but be a total toxic mess. Easy enough to get a bunch of accounts/friends to vote you as the "calm" non toxic player. (grant it if you see them in a team you can sorta get a hint but its not always true) Even easier to have a group act as a distraction by being toxic and making someone look tame by comparison.

Suffice it to say no matter what system you try to place it will never be dealt with. There will always be a way around it and there will always be some sort of discrepancy for players being unfairly pegged as the toxic one or others trying to boost people. In the end its really just a huge pain in the butt for any game company to actually implement something that would reduce it and can not be abused.

Best advice I can give is just don't let toxic people get to you. A fire is only as powerful as the fuel thrown onto the flame. (I know its a super mega crapton easier said then done, but meh its really the only thing that works)
07/08/2017 11:23 PMPosted by BenStiller69
Nobody has ever been banned for toxicity.

Personally know several people who got banned for being toxic also do some research and you will be surprised. And note that as you report someone you are not told that the reported person received a ban so how'd you know? Yeah, there are still toxic people because you can't ban fast enough to get rid of everyone and those who are banned get new accounts.

07/08/2017 11:23 PMPosted by BenStiller69
This forum alone serves as evidence the report function is broken since it's nothing more than an echo chamber of disgruntled players complaining about everything and accusing everyone of throwing all their games.

It also serves as evidence of:
"Im bronze but should be top 500 hashtag blizzard fix the game"
"Leavers and trolls every game"
"Blizzard don't care about me/Hate me/Makes me lose"
"The game is broken"
"This hero is op pls nerf him/her"
Sorry if I missed something.
The problem with this is it could easily be abused by premades.

The solution is just to report/ignore people being toxic. Toxic comms usually lead to a loss anyway so it's not like muting chat will be overly detrimental in that case.
The less you care, the better you fare!
In my opinion, i don't think there is much blizzard can do about this. I've seen ideas of a vote kick system but this can be abused.
Personally know several people who got banned for being toxic
No, you dont.
07/09/2017 12:33 AMPosted by HopsAlMighty
The less you care, the better you fare!

This is how i roll.

Sometimes I pick hanzo and immediately a torrent of toxic words get thrown at me lol. Keep calm and stay on hanzo. Who is toxic now!!
in the last few weeks iv had 3 people on my friends list silenced for 1 week for swearing in chat and being toxic, one claims too have a email saying exactly what was said, he cut copied it to me and what he had done is tell someone they were %%%%%%% useless and to change there hero. The issue I have with this is now we have players in a team based game that can't communicate to the rest of the team also if I want to play with these friends we end up sticking in group chat so they can speak in turn it hinders our team and is not fair on the people we joined, I really don't think its a thought out solution.
I would like to see boosters dealt with. Seems there is one every game in high silver low gold. The minute there is any threat of them losing they just switch to their main and wreck your team like this pharah main just did. Weekends are basically unplayable cause of these 888tards
I wish Overwatch had a separate Prime Matchmaking, with stricter requirements and permanent penalties.

No toxic people would be allowed in. Gaming heaven obtained.
07/08/2017 08:52 PMPosted by Hunter

Reference please

I did my research
The only punishments I could fine were some temporary chat bans.
This does not address the overall issue with the toxicity. because once the ban is lifterd
They will start over again.
i literally dont give a single F what some child says to me on the internet.
07/08/2017 10:54 PMPosted by Scout
07/08/2017 08:46 PMPosted by MikeDonaghy

I uninstalled today for this reason. If they implemented a reward system like this, I'd gladly reinstall for the long haul. I'm not holding my breath though.

This system would be abused for people not playing what others perceive as good.

For example they may want to play Mercy instead of Zen when you are terrible at Mercy, or Winston instead of Reinhardt.
If the "not prefer this player" option is working, it should be easy for blizzard to identify those people.