If Roadhog can't one shot neither should Mei

General Discussion
Jeff said that he doesn't like the ability of heroes being able to 1 shot people with full HP and so they nerfed Roadhog into the ground. What they didn't realize is that Roadhog wasn't the only hero that had the ability to 1 shot heroes. Mei can also effectively 1 shot mostly heroes once they are frozen. And if you are not even in freeze range she can still hit you with her murder-cicles for a headshot that deals a whopping 150 damage. This is probably just me rambling a bit and being a little salty against Mei players and still being upset over Roadhog's nerf (r.i.p. piggy man, you will be missed) so this thread should be taken with a grain salt and taken not too seriously as a whole but, I do think that something needs to be done to bring Roadhog back or just make so no one can one shot anybody just like Jeff wants.
And this guy mains... Tracer

whoa, never saw that coming! Whew, glad I checked to be absolutely sure.
Mei doesn't one shot anyone(except for tracer and guess what? You main her.).

This is called a combo.

And you just can "one shot" when the enemy is frozen and a lot of things can stop you from doing it.

As a Mei main and Hog main, Hog and Mei were/are definitely not in the same situation
Mei can't one shot unless she has froze you and headshot you. Unlike Roadhog, he can hit a random right click or hit a hook and win.
people still complain about mei? i have not seen her once this season lol
Remember when Overwatch was first released and everything was fine
07/09/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Joshlink100

Until this forum went ape $hit over everything and now is a mess
Are you daft? Me has to freeze you to then headshot you.

She isn't casting a hook that stuns you, pulls you in from long range, and gets followed up by being blasted in the face with some trash

You play tracer, you should be able to duke mei
Mei doesn't one shot anyone(except for trace and guess what? You main her.).

This is called a combo.

And you just can "one shot" when the enemy is frozen and a lot of things can stop you from doing it.

As a Mei main and Hog main, Hog and Mei were/are definitely not in the same situation

Hogs hook was also a combo, or is that going to be ignored, when both were about the same in being able to escape after getting caught?
I'm getting real tired of the double standard on these things.
Mei can't one shot, she has a one shot combo. That takes a few seconds to actually do, and you aren't stunned until 2-3 seconds in. If a Mei shot you, but did nothing else, you would live as long as you weren't Tracer or Gremlin D.va.

Mei's fairly balanced as is. A lot of people were asking for her to be buffed (along with pretty much every other defense hero in existence.) I think she's perfectly fine, though. It's like how people wanted Winston buffed during the tank meta. Mei's not great vs people with mobility but she does ok otherwise.
Dear OP:

Do you know what "one-shot" means?
It means to kill an enemy from max health to zero health in one attack.
Mei can not do this to any hero apart from Tracer and Baby DVA. That is not "most heroes". That is 2 out of 25.

Mei has to freeze all the targets first, and that is not a oneshot.

Kind regards
-Overwatch community

Did you forget about things like 150hp Zenyatta or 420 damage FTH McCree?
except that you really are out of position if you get one shot by a mei

unless you are tracer who just walks into icicle headshots. i think the icicle should have some falloff, but there is definitely more risk/reward to playing mei than diamondhog so its ok really

When Overwatch was released, Widowmaker had 150 damage bodyshots, and McCree's FtH was ridiculously OP. Roadhog's hook could transcend time and space to hook people through walls and floors on a 6 second cooldown, and Genji could "oneshot" by animation cancelling. This game had plenty of problems on release when it came to balance.
07/09/2017 01:23 PMPosted by FupDup

Did you forget about things like 150hp Zenyatta or 420 damage FTH McCree?

And double tap Widows galore.

What a miserable time that was.
07/09/2017 01:22 PMPosted by AttacusAtlas

This is called a combo.

Hogs hook was also a combo, or is that going to be ignored, when both were about the same in being able to escape after getting caught?
he could still give you with left and right click
<span class="truncated">...</span>
he could still give you with left and right click

In an absolutely tiny range that was more often then not flukes or a fleeing low health enemy getting a wrong place at the right time treatment.
And don't even tell me that it had incredible accuracy, thats been proven wrong so many times.

While the community may have thrown a fit, I think they nerfed Hog for the same reason they nerfed Ana. They both really limited future design space, did far too much on their own, and eclipsed other heroes that were remotely similar. There are a lot of short-mid range DPS heroes and a lot of them were never chosen over Roadhog even though they did different things or had different playstyle.

Ana was originally a better Mercy, and could edge out Zen sometimes, thus making 1 at least 1/4 of the healers obsolete. Roadhog was a better reaper, and could edge out the already niche snipers sometimes. If they had kept both heroes the way they were it would cause trouble in the future. Any time they introduced a healer they would need to constantly ask themselves "would this be better than Ana in any common situation?" Anytime they introduced a short-mid range DPS whose main job was killing stuff with no other utility, they'd need to constantly ask "is this hero any better than Roadhog in any common situation?" I imagine in both cases the answer to those questions in a lot of scenarios was "no".

I hear people say "but Roadhog had a 50% winrate!" Ana had a 51% winrate at her height and has a 45% winrate now. Would you have said old Ana was balanced? Even if we had the current Mercy during the tank meta Ana would've still needed that grenade nerf, at least. I main Ana and I can freely admit that. Just because Reaper mains were getting the short end of the stick this time and not Mercy mains doesn't mean it gets ignored.

This is called a combo.

Hog could also one shot without his hook.

Im getting real tired of Hog mains trying to nerf other characters just because their character got nerfed
Hog could also one shot without his hook.

Im getting real tired of Hog mains trying to nerf other characters just because his character got nerfed

Check my times.
If anything I'm a Rien main.
But I guess tossing the "X MAIN" excuse allows you to win the argument?
As for one shot, yes, you stand less then five feet in front of a shotgun, you die.
Same goes for Reaper.
And the right click dealt 50 damage before it's optimal range, and even less past it.
Do you actually have a point or did you expect me to leave with the "main" excuse?