Two GrandMaster Players Meet "Rigged" Matches (video)

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 26 Next
07/12/2017 01:47 PMPosted by SoggyBullets
07/12/2017 01:38 PMPosted by BBW

That's funny, because literally in the video linked in the OP, it shows the exact opposite of what you're describing happening. Oh well, stupidity.

Your draconian assumptions are awfully laughable.

Hahaha, so funny.

A video that "literally" shows the opposite doesn't negate my point. Not even close.

Wait, so a video that literally refutes your point "DOESNT NEGATE YOUR POINT"? WHAT???

Do you understand context? Are you able to formulate an opinion beyond your one-dimensional perspective?

I clearly quoted and argued against your entire statement. How was it taken out of context?

Enjoy your super duper cool intellectual insults but they have no bearing on me, Einstein. I'd recommend therapy for that much projection.

So let me get this straight. Your response to my refutation has nothing to do with taking apart my arguments, but instead is a failed farce where you attack everything except the actual arguments? You'd fit right in with potatoes like genjicarry.
07/12/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Mox
I stand by all of those quotes that guy was acting like a baby. I believe that liberal proganda is ruining this country. I believe upsetting your opponent makes them play worse.

You are either trolling or reprehensibly stupid, both of which I refuse to further entertain.
07/12/2017 01:48 PMPosted by BBW
07/12/2017 01:42 PMPosted by SoggyBullets

I shouldn't have to put up top 10% performances of effort to climb.

Trust me, you're not putting up top 10% performances.

Also, I shouldn't have been placed in 24xx initially.

Placements were never meant to predict your final SR. This is the whole reason they scaled back SR gains after the 10 games.

I'm not a Platinum or even low Diamond player. I'd say in any sidebar 1v1 scenario I rarely lose the fight.

You've played 200+ games this season and possess a ~50% winrate. I'd say you belong in the garbage rank you're in now.

Their system measures me as an average to slightly above average player. I am not.

Mains only DPS classes, averages 25 elims per game, and claims that he's above average. I get those amount of elims on 1 round of koth in your elo. This is the Dunning-Kruger effect happening in real time. You are a potato, nothing more, and it's time that you realized that simple reality.

I'm glad you rode the trendy wave of finding out what the Dunning-Kruger effect is but it means absolutely nothing.

If you were able to exercise reading comprehension skills, you'd understand I tanked based on multiple factors already stated.

Good luck in your efforts to negate everyone else's experience from your singular view point but unfortunately, that's not how life operates.

By the way, that's a solid 35% weapon accuracy on 76. If you need lessons sometime, let me know. I can help with your McCree aim, Tracer, etc. The only catch is I might charge more than your therapist per hour.

Erpaderpa derpa doop.
07/12/2017 12:52 PMPosted by Dicksmith

I like how this clown doesn't get banned but if you dare call some 800 SR baby rager a liar when he claims he's 3500 on an alt that he won't let anyone see you get banned. This forum is truly something "special".

hahanelson.jpg

You didn't even listen to what I had to say in that thread. You just plugged your ears because I was posting from my copper (main). Again I re-iterate. Theoretically, it should only take me 100 games or so to take this account to Master. But, it will end up somewhere between 200-500 games because of just how spectacularly bad things can go. Mei griefers, all DPS teams, passive players, fighting over one hero, ignoring the widow. It doesn't matter how good you are, you still need a team that can function somewhat at their SR.

It's not fair to the other team to have me against them, solo capping, wrecking the same two people over and over, etc.

It's not fair to me to have to climb up a mountain of much worse players to get to my "real" rank.
07/12/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Succubus
07/12/2017 12:02 PMPosted by FriendlyFire

You still don't get it.

No one is saying you should be able to carry matches with throwing teammates. The point is you don't get a thrower on your team every game. You don't get a thrower on your team more than the other team. Like every other player, you occasionally get a thrower that loses you a game, but it doesn't hold your rank down any more than it holds every other players rank down.

When someones says "you are the only constant variable", they are referring to the long term. The fact that after 50 games, you've played with hundreds of different people, but every team you were a part of had you.

Stop pretending you're a special snowflake who always gets throwers. We all deal with the same !@#$. Everyone above you in rank faced the same challenges and ranked up anyway. They did it by being better than you.

As I've said for months, "get good" and "there's too much noise in the system" are not mutually-exclusive arguments. Both can be true at the same time.

For example, in Season 4, I solo-queued from mid-Silver to low-Gold like a walk in the park. But at the end of the season, I hit a string of half bad luck, half my own bad play that tanked my SR straight from 2160 to almost Bronze. Then I placed this season in low Bronze.

I curbstomped my way from low Bronze to about low Silver, where I started having marginal problems. Now, at mid-Silver, I'm at the point where it's a struggle to climb. I figure my "true rank is somewhere between 1800-2200 at the moment, so I don't feel bad about it.

However, what I DON'T like is all those hours I had to spend grinding an entire tier's worth of SR back. Even if it was a relative curbstomp back up for most of it, it feels like a massive waste of everyone's time. 23 hours total, according to MasterOverwatch.

That's the "noise" I'm talking about: colossal wastes of time correcting personal encounters with trolls, leavers, potatoes, and other issues.

add "placement matches" to noise, for me i only had to climb 100 or something to get back to where i stabilized last season, others have reported loosing a lot more, up to 1000.
I shouldn't have to put up top 10% performances of effort to climb. Also, I shouldn't have been placed in 24xx initially. I'm not a Platinum or even low Diamond player. I'd say in any sidebar 1v1 scenario I rarely lose the fight.

Their system measures me as an average to slightly above average player. I am not.

10% of all LOW PLAT performances. That doesn't mean you are putting 10% world (or america or whatever) performances.

You are a low plat player, as your SR indicates (sorry =( )
07/12/2017 01:58 PMPosted by SoggyBullets
07/12/2017 01:48 PMPosted by BBW

Trust me, you're not putting up top 10% performances.

Placements were never meant to predict your final SR. This is the whole reason they scaled back SR gains after the 10 games.

You've played 200+ games this season and possess a ~50% winrate. I'd say you belong in the garbage rank you're in now.

Mains only DPS classes, averages 25 elims per game, and claims that he's above average. I get those amount of elims on 1 round of koth in your elo. This is the Dunning-Kruger effect happening in real time. You are a potato, nothing more, and it's time that you realized that simple reality.

I'm glad you rode the trendy wave of finding out what the Dunning-Kruger effect is but it means absolutely nothing.

I love how your only responses to facts that refute your Idiocy is "it means nothing".

If you were able to exercise reading comprehension skills, you'd understand I tanked based on multiple factors already stated.

Such as you not performing well, but when that's pointed out, you have no answer.

Good luck in your efforts to negate everyone else's experience from your singular view point but unfortunately, that's not how life operates.

Singular view point such as using facts and evidence? You're right, spewing stupidity with no repercussion like you is how real life is.

By the way, that's a solid 35% weapon accuracy on 76.

Referencing one subset of your entire performance data means nothing. Also, 35% is laughable. But alas, it's so ironic when you claim that OTHER people are coming from a single viewpoint when you literally just came from a single view point.

If you need lessons sometime, let me know.

Yeah, eventually I'll need help on learning how to derank down to platinum.

I can help with your McCree aim, Tracer, etc. The only catch is I might charge more than your therapist per hour.

You should pay people for them to listen to your bs, not the other way around.

Erpaderpa derpa doop.

Those three non-existent words made more sense than anything you just said.
I'd also like to say hi to Squid and play a few matches with him if possible, how could I talk to him? My computer doesn't like Twitch for some reason... :x
Ok, I actually read the entire OP and sat through "most" of the three games, here's an unbiased take on it.

The first match I'm going to ignore because Squid and Shoe didn't know genjicarry was throwing until the second round.

The second match I actually heard squid request genjicarry to throw and shoe said that they will still win. They lost. I don't think anyone else was throwing at all. There was one guy who used junkrat but he was complaining during the game like he wanted to win, I think he was just confused and not throwing.

The third match genjicarry states that he will try to win this time and not throw. I was watching the kill feed and he was definitely not throwing. He actually played a big part in getting two of the checkpoints by launching an ult that was key along with some plays by shoe. His name was showing up in the kill feed and I could hear him communicating throughout the match and saw that he was on fire a few times. I looked up his stats with pharah and reaper (the two heros he used) and they are actually good stats for the tier he is in. The game was still lost.

While I don't completely agree with genjicarry's theory, the fact that a top 500 player like shoe and squid (they are top 500 right?) could not win a game where the matchmaker thought they were actually platinum players begs some questions about matchmaking. It should have been an easy win. If shoe and squid were Diamond, then it might still be an even game, but top 500 should have been able to push their chances of winning over the top considering nobody was throwing or trolling in the third game.

However, in the end there isn't enough sample size to come to any conclusion, but this does cause me to raise an eyebrow at the matchmaker and consider that it may be looking at individual performance stats in order to pair teams, which it should not be doing.

Maybe there is something to the theory but it would need to be tested, recorded etc to see if it can be re-created reliably.
07/12/2017 01:44 PMPosted by Mox
Click code of conduct under where you post on the forums scroll to the last link where it says circumventing a suspension/ban and click on that read the first bullet point.

I stand corrected.

However, with that being said:

You can be mad at me for reporting you but maybe you should look at yourself and take a little responsibility for your actions. You choose to break the rules. you choose to ruin the competition for other players thinking only of yourself. You can't grasp at straws and make wild exaggerations all you want we both know who is in the wrong. You don't respect the rules of this forum you didn't respect the punishment you were given you don't respect the competition of anyone but yourself.

seems to be in violation of: Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

and

07/12/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Mox
How many times do I have to report these multi account no lifers for evading forum bans ... sigh

seems to be in violation of: Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
07/12/2017 02:23 PMPosted by Racoaren
I'd also like to say hi to Squid and play a few matches with him if possible, how could I talk to him? My computer doesn't like Twitch for some reason... :x

I would visit his stream tonight and throw your name in chat. He has plenty of time to read it, he just hides and presses Q.

If you really can't get on twitch, squid may find you.
I believe that liberal proganda is ruining this country.

i believe YOUR propaganda is ruining the forums. ......dont you have some fox news to be watching??!?!?!?
how can you stand playing a game where the main hero is ....a freaking lesbian

humans are so weird
07/12/2017 02:29 PMPosted by Solitara
I believe that liberal proganda is ruining this country.

i believe YOUR propaganda is ruining the forums. ......dont you have some fox news to be watching??!?!?!?
how can you stand playing a game where the main hero is ....a freaking lesbian

humans are so weird

Don't even get why he bothers to bring up real life politics in a discussion that has nothing to do with it.
07/12/2017 02:29 PMPosted by MrGhoul
07/12/2017 02:23 PMPosted by Racoaren

I would visit his stream tonight and throw your name in chat. He has plenty of time to read it, he just hides and presses Q.

If you really can't get on twitch, squid may find you.

That sounds vaguely stalkerish and actually has me worried.
07/12/2017 02:37 PMPosted by Racoaren

Squids have been accused of being touchy, mind you they have 8 arms and 2 tentacles. I haven't noticed anything out of line, and I know him quite well.
07/12/2017 01:44 PMPosted by Mox
Click code of conduct under where you post on the forums scroll to the last link where it says circumventing a suspension/ban and click on that read the first bullet point.

I stand corrected.

However, with that being said:

You can be mad at me for reporting you but maybe you should look at yourself and take a little responsibility for your actions. You choose to break the rules. you choose to ruin the competition for other players thinking only of yourself. You can't grasp at straws and make wild exaggerations all you want we both know who is in the wrong. You don't respect the rules of this forum you didn't respect the punishment you were given you don't respect the competition of anyone but yourself.

seems to be in violation of: Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

and

07/12/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Mox
How many times do I have to report these multi account no lifers for evading forum bans ... sigh

seems to be in violation of: Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters

incorrect you can click the link below that and submit a ticket if you have a question about the rules if what your posting is allowed or not and blizzard will let you know .
07/12/2017 02:04 PMPosted by CheersLuv
I shouldn't have to put up top 10% performances of effort to climb. Also, I shouldn't have been placed in 24xx initially. I'm not a Platinum or even low Diamond player. I'd say in any sidebar 1v1 scenario I rarely lose the fight.

10% of all LOW PLAT performances. That doesn't mean you are putting 10% world (or america or whatever) performances.

You are a low plat player, as your SR indicates (sorry =( )

Nice try.

I was in Diamond during Season 3 and the majority of my play time trying to get a player out of gold in duo queue.

And yes, it does mean 10% of the player base or at least those on sites like Overbuff. I'd know, because I confirmed with the owner when I was rank #320 before Hanzo buffs.
07/12/2017 02:04 PMPosted by BBW

I love how your only responses to facts that refute your Idiocy is "it means nothing".

Such as you not performing well, but when that's pointed out, you have no answer.

Singular view point such as using facts and evidence? You're right, spewing stupidity with no repercussion like you is how real life is.

By the way, that's a solid 35% weapon accuracy on 76.

Referencing one subset of your entire performance data means nothing. Also, 35% is laughable. But alas, it's so ironic when you claim that OTHER people are coming from a single viewpoint when you literally just came from a single view point.

If you need lessons sometime, let me know.

Yeah, eventually I'll need help on learning how to derank down to platinum.

I can help with your McCree aim, Tracer, etc. The only catch is I might charge more than your therapist per hour.

You should pay people for them to listen to your bs, not the other way around.

Erpaderpa derpa doop.

Those three non-existent words made more sense than anything you just said.

Just so you're aware and because I know you thrive off the attention you didn't receive as a child, I read essentially none of this.

I hope it doesn't drop you into a deep depression.

In the mean time, the adults will get back to discussing the matchmaking system.

Cheers!
07/12/2017 02:38 PMPosted by MrGhoul
07/12/2017 02:37 PMPosted by Racoaren

Squids have been accused of being touchy, mind you they have 8 arms and 2 tentacles. I haven't noticed anything out of line, and I know him quite well.

Every time I call you "Squid" I'm thinking of that guy from Rocket power.