Two GrandMaster Players Meet "Rigged" Matches (video)

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
Or maybe a system that hooks people to the game and the grind?
a) This system is built to keep people hooked to the grind

For me personally the game itself is enough of a hook. Especially when I have fun close matches. The grind isn't the hook. No one plays to grind. They play because the game itself is fun.
Very interesting approach. I am having a little different experience:

I have a 30% win rate this season. I don't feel like it is my fault because last season I was pretty steady in the 3400-3600 region AND I lose only very little SR when I lose and gain a ton if I win. However, due to my low win rate, I am neither climbing nor dropping. I am on a losing streak constantly, while outperforming consistently which is opposing your claim. Maybe that's another special case or I am just extremely unlucky.

For example at one point I had 5 wins in 6h of competitive and was still only 100 SR below where I started. I had a losing streak of 9 including the last placement matches (2 during and 7 games after the placements) and the first win granted me more SR than I lost throughout the losing streak.

It happened to me last weekend too, losing 6 or 7 games in a row, then winning only every second game and gaining 3x the SR that I would lose so that's why I don't drop even though I have only 30% win rate.
07/12/2017 02:48 AMPosted by Solitara
Or maybe a system that hooks people to the game and the grind?
a) This system is built to keep people hooked to the grind

For me personally the game itself is enough of a hook. Especially when I have fun close matches. The grind isn't the hook. No one plays to grind. They play because the game itself is fun.

Good for you. I'm now in the same corner. But it was a development. I've made my peace with this game now and no longer care about SR.
In solo Q 90% of games are a pure lottery anyway (just look at what heroes are mained by your team/enemy team at the start and you can make a very good prediction who will win).

But look at this forum and it seems a lot of people do not have a healthy relation to this game and are indeed "hooked to the grind".

So again, to paraphrase you, for a multi billion corporation to create a matchmaking system that even keeps people playing that no longer enjoy the game, is a success.
Think for a little bit ...if you were a multi billion dollar game company would you attempt to design a "rigged" system? Or a fair system?

Lol what? Ofc they would! The whole point is to find an addictive hook and milk it. How do you think they become multi billion dollar companies?
pm me for cheap tinfoil hats
07/12/2017 03:01 AMPosted by Fancy
Think for a little bit ...if you were a multi billion dollar game company would you attempt to design a "rigged" system? Or a fair system?

Lol what? Ofc they would! The whole point is to find an addictive hook and milk it. How do you think they become multi billion dollar companies?

Well.. the game itself is already good and that's what keeps me coming back.
I'm bookmarking this so I can refer to it. I think this is a big problem even from a Master's player, I have some friends with 'questionable' skill who are higher up on the ladder than me, not to stroke my own ego sausage but I consider myself better than them. I feel like loss streaks are put in place and you have to game the system by preventing yourself from losing as much SR as possible, what I do is spam sombra and mercy when I know these are taking place so I can almost defend my SR. It shouldn't be this way and it needs to be addressed or fixed.
07/12/2017 03:15 AMPosted by Vibes
I'm bookmarking this so I can refer to it. I think this is a big problem even from a Master's player, I have some friends with 'questionable' skill who are higher up on the ladder than me, not to stroke my own ego sausage but I consider myself better than them. I feel like loss streaks are put in place and you have to game the system by preventing yourself from losing as much SR as possible, what I do is spam sombra and mercy when I know these are taking place so I can almost defend my SR. It shouldn't be this way and it needs to be addressed or fixed.

Bookmark this one
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757637144

Much better and fairer description of the current situation regarding SR and comp.
"Ewww we have 2 trolls, no one heals, we cannot carry, this is not fair"
That guy sounds like a prepubescent girl.

The ranking system is working fine but it can't deal with trolls or boosted accounts, these 2 guys probably got carried to GM by a group or paid to get their accounts boosted because the skill difference between 2 tiers should be huge.
"Ewww we have 2 trolls, no one heals, we cannot carry, this is not fair"
That guy sounds like a prepubescent girl.

The ranking system is working fine, those 2 guys probably got carried in GM or paid to get their accounts boosted.

Best comment of the day on so many levels :)
When I played with them the first two matches (we played 3 total) I purposely used a hero that I never use, Hanzo.

Its 6x6 team game pal, not even GMs could always carry out 5v6, which you essentially made with your Hanjo play.
07/12/2017 04:08 AMPosted by BOO
When I played with them the first two matches (we played 3 total) I purposely used a hero that I never use, Hanzo.

Its 6x6 team game pal, not even GMs could always carry out 5v6, which you essentially made with your Hanjo play.

So if "normal" folk complain about throwers and grievers GMs tell us "git gud".
If it happens to GMs it is "you can not carry a 5vs6 (even with 2 GM in plat)".
Yeah, makes sense.
07/11/2017 09:42 PMPosted by xGenjiCarryx
If you believe in so-called "rigged" matches, you definitely want to read this entire story on how I introduced two grandmaster players (shoe and hiddensquid from this forum) got introduced to a miniature elo-hell and lost.

I don't see how forcing them into a 5v6 on offheroes is proving anything at all, but lets see what you got.

However, if you play very poorly, much worse than other people who are in that tier, then the matchmaker will put you into games that are almost impossible to win, even if you win the game (e.g. you win a game but died 20 times and only killed 5 people), if you play poorly compared to other people in your tier, and do so for a few games then get ready for "rigged loss streaks". So read these important examples:

This goes against the very theory that other people are running, which is "when you play poorly, you get better teammates to make the game more even"

!@#$.

So I decided to re-create scenario 2, and see if two grandmaster players could carry a player who is on this downrank spiral (me).

No, you just forced them into a 5v6. You were essentially just trying to see if they could carry a 5v6, nothing else.

So before I got on to play with these two grandmaster players, I tanked my stats. For the sake of experimentation I went into comp, and had the worst games of my life (solo queue). Once I felt like it was giving me unwinnable matches, I joined up with our two grandmaster players, shoe, and hiddensquid, and what happened was interesting:

So, you kept throwing games over and over.

Gotcha.

After this went on I tried to have a discussion with them, and be cool about it. Shoe wasn't having it. He was pissed off and was pretty much talking down to me the entire time. He said the reason they lost is because our team had multiple throwers on it...uh yeah, that's what elo hell is.

That's what happens at every rank - however, given time, like anyone sane would say, it will eventually even out and the better player would rank up.

TL:DR : "I rigged" my competitive sr to create almost unwinnable matches so that not even two GM players could carry a team of Platinums. We lost every match we played.

More like "TL:DR, I threw tonnes of matches on purpose, ruined tonnes of games just to try and support my little pet theory since I'm clearly a perfect human being and the only way something can be wrong is if the system isnt working properly"

So, lets sum this up - your theory doesn't hold up and you threw god knows how many games to piss people off and support your own little tinfoil hat theory.

Nice. Real mature.

(in before downvotes and WITENITIN) - If anything, you deserve to be reported and banned for throwing games on purpose.
07/12/2017 04:08 AMPosted by BOO

So if "normal" folk complain about throwers and grievers GMs tell us "git gud".
If it happens to GMs it is "you can not carry a 5vs6 (even with 2 GM in plat)".
Yeah, makes sense.

Oh here come the upvotes from elo hell victims.
Somebody played 3 (!three!) games which he essentialy ruined as Hanzo, not to mention there could have been other problems, which somehow proves that SR is rigged... sorry... what? If you give GM a fresh acc, he'll become GM again. If you give a master new account, he wont get stuck in plat.
Recently some pro player made "sombra" challenge, where he climbed to 4000SR but purely playing sombra from 1200SR onwards and streaming it online. And he did it (took 23 hours of pure gametime).

And yes, you could lose game in plat even with GMs, so what does it prove?
Hahaha, this is hilarious. Two grandmasters couldn't even carry! All that white knight attitude they had, I bet they'll still deny that the system has flaws (fairly major ones at that) despite their experiment proving otherwise. This has made my day!
Hello guys, i want to share my experience.

Shoe and Squid were a blast. I literally never played with better players, i got treated really well and the game was the easiest of my life, even though we were poorly positioned on purpose and i was playing my weakest role (tank).

Shoe's dragonblade is UNBELIEVABLE.

The other games were like mine, UNTIL OP ARRIVED. The fun and light-hearted vibe got murdered by xgenjicarryx.

First game OP SAYS CLEARLY HE WILL CARRY. Then procceeds to feed enemy ult all game and even admits he's 7 kills 15 deaths at one point.
squid is doing nothing, and still ends up with all silvers (shoe golds.

Game 2 OP is deliberately throwing again, and one of their randoms swaps off tank and trolls with junk (thats two trolls). Also enemy has a high diamond or better widow smurf.

Game 3 OP keeps trolling, and they almost won anyway but both supports just hold their ult for the last 3 minutes of the game (maybe they wanted to carry it to next match?).

Shoe and squid were basically solo last game, they got almost no heals and the enemy team had the OP feeding ult while he spit his poison on chat.

All 3 games with OP were toxic and a pain to watch. I sincerelly believe the guy doesnt deserve even plat and i'm starting to believe him... The system MUST be rigged, this guy can't reach diamond unless heavily carried.

Also pretty much most people on chat were rooting for shoe and squid to throw the games and not give OP the wins... Because... We kinda didnt like him at all.
07/12/2017 04:39 AMPosted by IXEL
Hahaha, this is hilarious. Two grandmasters couldn't even carry!

GMs can carry easily but those 2 are probably not that skilled, in fact they might have exposed themselves as frauds.
07/12/2017 04:43 AMPosted by Chadley
07/12/2017 04:42 AMPosted by CheersLuv
Hello guys, i want to share my experience.

Easy, if you put that tongue any further up their !@# it will be coming out their mouth

Well said. OP however proved that matchmaking is in some way 'rigged', and that a leaver or thrower can have dire consequences even with grandmasters playing in a lower tier that they don't belong in).

@INeedHealing: Yeah possibly.

EDIT: Lol at other white knights down voting facts which are so clear that even a blind man could understand.