Doomfist shift+E CD bug

PTR Bug Report
Highly Rated
Whatever you tried to do to fix the uppercut+seismic slam upwards "bug"
made it so if you aim in front of you or up when pressing E, it automatically goes on cooldown without doing anything.
Also, cooldown bug aside, really guys? can't even seismic slam straight forward? his mobility feels terrible right now, at least let us reach edges that are directly in front of us at our height
This is definitely a bug, just putting the ability on cooldown without doing anything can't be intended. I'm seeing the same thing.
Yep, occurring for everyone. Gonna wait out the PTR for a bit as you said his mobility is trash now.
I had the same issue. Didn't happen until the skins patch, but my last game as Doomfist left me out of position most of the game because that ability was gone.
Looks like this patch isn't a release candidate.
Sad they broke it trying to fix something innocuous in the first place.
Yeah this bug cant go live imo
Glad I'm not the only one, I hope Blizzard gets on this.
Yep, just had this happen in 6v6 elimination, happened to others in that match too.
Happened to me in the practice range.
Working on this bug right now. The downward restriction is also a little strict right now, it will be relaxed so that you can go anywhere equal to your height or lower.
I don't understand how this got to the PTR, one guy in a practice range for literally 5 mins would have caught this. Unless it's already being fixed and they just rolled out the patch because it's got all his cosmetics and it'll be fixed by live.
Highly Rated
I don't understand how this got to the PTR.

Because PTR is specifically meant to be an environment where bugs like this exist?
07/12/2017 05:29 PMPosted by Zigaknot
I don't understand how this got to the PTR, one guy in a practice range for literally 5 mins would have caught this. Unless it's already being fixed and they just rolled out the patch because it's got all his cosmetics and it'll be fixed by live.
PTR is precisely for bug testing, let them do their damn work already.
07/12/2017 05:37 PMPosted by UNBREAKABLE
I don't understand how this got to the PTR.

Because PTR is specifically meant to be an environment where bugs like this exist?

Yes but a bug like this is so blatantly obvious that it does not need the PTR to find and get details about it for a fix it would be better for it to be fixed before going onto PTR in case the fix to this bug causes a more subtle bug.

But as I said it's quite likely that it is actually already fixed on the most recent internal version of the game but hasn't yet come to PTR
07/12/2017 05:28 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Working on this bug right now. The downward restriction is also a little strict right now, it will be relaxed so that you can go anywhere equal to your height or lower.

How about giving him vertical Rocket Punch?

Also, please, mister Goodman, community begs you to look at this thread:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757646599#post-1
07/12/2017 05:41 PMPosted by Shnobz

He's probably seen it already. Completely off topic anyway.
07/12/2017 05:41 PMPosted by Shnobz

Not sure he need vertical Rocket Punch, he's already got uppercut, I like the Hog ideas though.
It's really obvious. If you don't wait perfectly for the blue indicator, it's just like everyone says, it does nothing. He's unplayable currently
In my opinion Doomfist being able to leap upwards was interesting to game play and what was fun about the character was the insane maneuverability. I hope this leap restriction is GREATLY relaxed because as of now its not enjoyable to play anymore.

Thanks for the reply. I hope you guys at least put some thought into keeping his mobility as initially released on the PTR. I think if this leap restriction is relaxed quite a bit he can still maintain his enjoyability to the fans of the initial "bug" version.

This also happens if you press E while falling from a tall height without looking downwards enough.