Saying GG at the end of the game...

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
Highly Rated
Is not always a bad thing. When someone says gg it doesn't always mean they're trying to mock you even if you feel like it was a bad game. I had 2 people in the game game get upset at us because we won AND we said gg at the end. For me saying gg is just a habbit. I say it every game. It's when people say gg ez is when they are trying to mock you.
Highly Rated
GG has two meanings "Good Game" and "Git Gud"
did you say it first when you win or when you lose

if you say it first when you win then yea ur rubbing it in. they just lost and lost SR.

if they say it first then fine say gg back

if you say gg first it is considered extreme badmanner. in SC2 pro gamers in korea is disciplined for saying gg first in a match before the loser say it......so they end up doing manner hatchery, nexus

also if you say it first as the winner you are implying that your opponent should "git gud"

also people almost never gg when lose in this game but only gg when win. ur basically partying it up at the misery of the losers

its basically EQ knowing when to say it and where to say it. if you want to congratulate your teamate then you must do it in teamchat only.....its basic etiquette
izi pz
Highly Rated
If the winning team says "gg" after a stomp, I consider it mocking.
This was obviously not a good game at all, no reason to brag about that.
A "good game" is a game that was fun because it was challenging for either sides.
Not a roflstomp for the one side, and a complete destruction for the other.
07/04/2017 01:33 PMPosted by to0ty
did you say it first when you win or when you lose

if you say it first when you win then yea ur rubbing it in. they just lost and lost SR.

if they say it first then fine say gg back

if you say gg first it is considered extreme badmanner. in SC2 pro gamers in korea is disciplined for saying gg first in a match before the loser say it......so they end up doing manner hatchery, nexus

also if you say it first as the winner you are implying that your opponent should "git gud"

also people almost never gg when lose in this game but only gg when win. ur basically partying it up at the misery of the losers

its basically EQ knowing when to say it and where to say it. if you want to congratulate your teamate then you must do it in teamchat only.....its basic etiquette

This wasn't comp. It was just QP. I say GG even if my team gets stomped. To me it just shows good sportsman ship but I guess it's just me then?
I say it out of respect, I didn't know people interpreted it as mocking.
Being a gamer who's been playing online shooters since Quake. It's always just meant "good game" and I say it for win or loss, regardless by how good or bad the game went.

It's just a sign of being respectful and that's it. I don't plan on stopping now either because someones feelings got hurt.

Sorry 5 dislikes, but I'm not going to cater to you whining. I don't plan on ever stopping this as long as I am a gamer and you're going to just have to deal with it.
Say GG everytime you win.
Say GG ez sometimes when you win for e-!@#$% augmentation.

If you lost say nothing, because it was a ^-*! game forcibly.
You can also leave early during the POTG to avoid dealing with the other team GGs.

Now you are ready for OW.
GG is a standard post game 'handshake' and honestly should be expected win or lose. if people take offense to it, thats their own problem they are bringing to the table, but GG is still a show of good sportsmanship and should always remain as such, not with outlandish cries of 'the losing team needs to say it first' or 'if you say gg you are a horrible person' or whatever other monstrously insane thing people want to say about the letters gg...

that being said, people that say gg ez or other forms actually ARE bastardizing the use of gg, focus your ire on them, the actual unsportsmanlike people that relish in rubbing it in, even if it was(and it genreally is) an exceptionally close game.
Hmm, maybe I should say something else when my team wins.

Would "Had fun" sound like mockery?
Who cares, I say gg when I legitimately feel it was a good and close game, whether I lost or won
These days, GG is less of actual sportsmanship and more of pure habit.

I concur with this. Most of the time only the winners say gg or gr. If it's a map with multiple stages, they'll say gr when they win but remain silent when they lose. I dunno if they realize that or not, but it's what I see happen in most cases. It's just poor form, so I'm perplexed that some insist that it's actually good sportsmanship.

For my part I don't say it often anymore, regardless if my team won or lost.
Egg
07/04/2017 01:53 PMPosted by Ragnarok

I concur with this. Most of the time only the winners say gg or gr. If it's a map with multiple stages, they'll say gr when they win but remain silent when they lose. I dunno if they realize that or not, but it's what I see happen in most cases. It's just poor form, so I'm perplexed that some insist that it's actually good sportsmanship.

For my part I don't say it often anymore, regardless if my team won or lost.

yea like you,i pretty much dont say it anymore since i realized that nothing one can say to the losers can make them feel better especially from the mouth of the winners.
I use several lines of adult language. If kids don't have language filter on that is not my fault.
I say GG pretty much every game unless my mood is absolutely terrible.
When everyone says it every single game regardless of how the game went, it loses all meaning.

Can't tell you how many times we've gotten absolutely stomped by the enemy team, only to have them all say "gg"

not very fun
I say gg when it was a good game.
It is a COMPLIMENT to the other team, saying that both their side and ours played well.