Why is Soldier so much easier to play than all the other DPS

General Discussion
I'm not that good at aiming so usually I play supports and tanks, every now and then I have to play offense, I usually always do decent on Soldier but with I feel like besides him all the other offense characters have a lot more fickleness for lack of a better word to them.

I would say after Soldier Pharah may be the next easiest or reaper one of those two.

I'd like to know how to play Mcree because hes a cool dude but I can't aim for crap on him and tbh soldier feels like a better version of him.
Because he can both deal consistent damage and confirm kills. Biotic field helps a lot too.
It's because Soldier is supposed to be the gateway hero into Overwatch. He's supposed to play like CoD, Halo, or Battlefield, since those are the mainstream FPS's that people are likely going to come to Overwatch from. Well, maybe not Halo, but you know what I mean, right?
Soldier's easy to play because he's the standard FPS shooter guy, and spray and pray is just naturally easy to get results with. His whole character is something of a reference to the players coming from a long line of FPS games in fact. The old dogs and veterans of the genre.
They don't call him "call of duty hero" for no reason.
07/11/2017 01:05 PMPosted by DharmaCreed
Soldier's easy to play because he's the standard FPS shooter guy, and spray and pray is just naturally easy to get results with. His whole character is something of a reference to the players coming from a long line of FPS games in fact. The old dogs and veterans of the genre.

Old dogs rocket jump all day and use railgun!
- Missing shots is more forgiving.
- Helix Rocket allows for quick burst kills.
- Sprint and Biotic Field greatly improve survive-ability and are more forgiving with positioning.
- His ultimate is easy to use as long as it is timed well.
Long range hitscan the ability to micro heal to stay in the team fight and the mobility to get in and out of a fight
07/11/2017 01:02 PMPosted by Synkronize
I'm not that good at aiming so usually I play supports and tanks, every now and then I have to play offense, I usually always do decent on Soldier but with I feel like besides him all the other offense characters have a lot more fickleness for lack of a better word to them.

I would say after Soldier Pharah may be the next easiest or reaper one of those two.

I'd like to know how to play Mcree because hes a cool dude but I can't aim for crap on him and tbh soldier feels like a better version of him.

Simple: because most people have played soldier before... In other fps games.

But being actually good with soldier takes as much practice as most other hitscan heroes.

He's easy to learn and use, but hard to really shine with, unless the enemy doesn't counter your ult.

And yes I do agree he's too good compared to mccree... But I'd rather say mccree isn't good enough. My accuracy on both is pretty good usually (43-55 on soldier, depending on how skilled the enemy dps and supports are at avoiding fire, and about 55 on mccree mostly) and yet soldier is my main choice. Mainly due to his added mobility and self heal. I prefer that over the stun mccree has due to the fact that flanking and being able to sustain yourself somewhat is a great way to climb at my level (high gold).

(and yes I realize my accuracy and stats on the EU server would go down if I faced diamonds for instance)
Cause he is not a good dueler. His job is not to outplay other people.

His job is to stand in the back and output damage by going pew pew pew pew