More moderation on these forums please

Competitive Discussion
Whether you like it or not, you can't argue that these forums aren't just spammed with the same posts OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Always about something like rigged competitive !@#$, " I just disconnected and lost 50sr, unfair blizzard!1!1!", Etc. All of these eventually break some sort of rule right? Whether it be spam (most likely the case for the lot of them), trolling, personal harassment/ attacks, etc.

It would be nice if these types of posts didn't just clog up the entire forums so we could get actual cool and interesting discussion like the thread about training range being available while you are waiting to find a match. Unfortunately though, they are too far and in-between due to the spam trash threads posted every couple minutes.

Please moderate and start taking down these threads before they can clog up the system! Ban the posters, do whatever you need to. This place doesn't have to be a cesspit and I don't want it to.
Just block them all :)
I'd like to have more transparent moderating. There are things done but they aren't visable because they imo are going about it in the wrong way.
Instead of deleting a thread, lock it, post at the end explaining WHY said thread was locked, edit out possible links that shouldn't not be there.
This will discourage similar topics and it will show that the forums are actually being tended to.
It also helps clarify rules.
07/12/2017 01:50 AMPosted by TheCyo
Just block them all :)
07/12/2017 01:51 AMPosted by Sasori
I'd like to have more transparent moderating. There are things done but they aren't visable because they imo are going about it in the wrong way.
Instead of deleting a thread, lock it, post at the end explaining WHY said thread was locked, edit out possible links that shouldn't not be there.
This will discourage similar topics and it will show that the forums are actually being tended to.
It also helps clarify rules.

I'd rather them just create a megathread and keep it pinned at the top like they did for the "how to climb to and out of masters" thread or whatever it was called. Therefore if you have any sort of thing to post related to that you do it in that thread, if you don't you get banned and your post gets deleted. just an idea I don't know.
It's actually the people who make this forum bad. They are toxic, and if Blizzard would ban them all or delete all their posts there wouldn't be posts left.

I think the people who complain have to do something about it mainly. But hey, who am I to tell? I only try to boost my ego on these forums, right?
So, OP (which is a GM I see), you'd like the mods to delete all threads about problems with the competitive system, for example, which GM's and above most likely don't see or have issues with as they're a minor percentage of the population high up in the clouds? Sorry but we're a long way past April fools, nice attempt however :).
Basically GMs not only want to rule the game, but also the forum.
God complex anyone?
If the same thought has been posted 100 times, maybe they should address the issue and it might stop.

People complain about MM constantly because it is mysterious. If Blizz would let us in on the secret of how it works, 90% of the rage posting would disappear and the forums wouldn't be littered with what boils down to the same complaint over and over.

Sure there would be other things, but at least we'd have some diversity.
but the sr system IS broken. having a stupid amount of those posts here is good, because it is going to make blizz adress the issue faster
You forgot all the toxic high rank players who spam the forums with troll posts about starchy vegetables, atleast people upset about the sr system don't insult the other forum users endlessly, most of the time.
07/12/2017 05:39 AMPosted by TheCyo
God complex anyone?

At least we'll get some more guides and help then instead of 24/7 complains.
07/12/2017 06:44 AMPosted by StRode
07/12/2017 05:39 AMPosted by TheCyo
God complex anyone?

So saying that a SR system that favours one tricks, favours certain heroes, heavily favours duo Q vs solo Q is not doing a very good job to measure "individual" skill is just complaining?
What gets on my nerves is that those two facts are just ignored by you "git gud" (G)M types around here.

If I would not Solo Q but Duo Q with an equally skilled player, of course my average SR would be higher. This is a fact. Maybe 50, maybe 100, maybe 200. Nobody knows. Because the system is broken.

So there are clear indicators that this is a very imperfect system. And the only response people get for highlighting these imperfections is "git gud", "you are where you belong" etc.

No surprise that lower ranked players looking for help and are constantly !@#$ on from above start to throw the stuff back.
07/12/2017 06:24 AMPosted by gungay
You forgot all the toxic high rank players who spam the forums with troll posts about starchy vegetables, atleast people upset about the sr system don't insult the other forum users endlessly, most of the time.

Here's the thing, if their post were legitimate, then it would be interesting, but there is no actual information in them other than what they believe to be happening. Most of these post are just excuses.
----------

All my teammates sucks.

Evidence: Because we lost the game.

What value does this threads like this add to the world?
Whats can blizzard do to help this person?
Nothing.

Example 2:
Comp is rigged because I lose everytime I hit my season high/Forced losing streaks

Evidence: This happens to everyone I know.

Yet it never occurs to people that their season high maybe their current skill ceiling.

Seeing these types of threads over and over is tiring.

It would be nice if their was a sticked FAQ's thread to help common misunderstandings. Then when someone makes a thread like that, it's locked with a mod message to direct them to the stickied FAQ thread.
07/12/2017 05:33 AMPosted by IXEL
So, OP (which is a GM I see), you'd like the mods to delete all threads about problems with the competitive system, for example, which GM's and above most likely don't see or have issues with as they're a minor percentage of the population high up in the clouds? Sorry but we're a long way past April fools, nice attempt however :).

There is no problem with the competitive system, I know 100 people have said there is over and over and over again but unfortunately for them that didn't make it true. I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire *checks bank account* nope still poor, see I told ya.
I agree.

Yeah people like you are totally not responsible for our loss of compassion.
07/12/2017 08:20 AMPosted by TheCyo
07/12/2017 06:44 AMPosted by StRode

So saying that a SR system that favours one tricks, favours certain heroes, heavily favours duo Q vs solo Q is not doing a very good job to measure "individual" skill is just complaining?
What gets on my nerves is that those two facts are just ignored by you "git gud" (G)M types around here.

If I would not Solo Q but Duo Q with an equally skilled player, of course my average SR would be higher. This is a fact. Maybe 50, maybe 100, maybe 200. Nobody knows. Because the system is broken.

So there are clear indicators that this is a very imperfect system. And the only response people get for highlighting these imperfections is "git gud", "you are where you belong" etc.

No surprise that lower ranked players looking for help and are constantly !@#$ on from above start to throw the stuff back.

*Sigh*

Just another one who has the stereotype "elitist" vision on me and other high ranked players.

Just have a look at my posts and tell me if I ever said "git gud".

I already know I didn't.

That is actually only Shoe and a very few other people. In total not more than 5, and most of them, if not all of them got banned/suspended.

Count that on top of all the people who hate and swear on me whenever I make a GUIDE because I "Only make them to boost my ego", and then they still complain they can't climb HAHAHAHAHA. Really these people make this forum actually trash. You wonder why Shoe is trolling a lot now? Because people only crapped on him whenever he gave advice or made a guide in the past, which were by the way some of the best you can find on this forum.
07/12/2017 04:31 AMPosted by StRode
It's actually the people who make this forum bad. They are toxic, and if Blizzard would ban them all or delete all their posts there wouldn't be posts left.

I think the people who complain have to do something about it mainly. But hey, who am I to tell? I only try to boost my ego on these forums, right?

I still dont like you and the more I read from you, the more I dislike you.