New Support Ultimate: Phase Warp

General Discussion
So I had this idea a while back and figured I'd make a thread about it. This would be an ultimate for a future support hero. And the more I thought about it, the more it sounded to me like it could be a gamechanger ult, possibly on the same level as Mercy's rez.

Phase Warp's concept is simple: An instant team-wide teleport to the support hero's location.

For this to work best, the new support hero should be pretty fast, kind of like Lucio.

You can use your imagination on where it can be useful, but here are a few scenarios:

- Hanamura A for example is being capped. The only one who can make it there in time is the new support. Phase Warp everyone onto point to instantly contest.

- Same map, Attack-side. Enemy team has full cancer at the choke, Symmetra turrets, Torb, Bastion, whatever. Support hero manages to weasel past it and get behind the point. Phase Warps everyone else in, directly on point.

- Zarya catches your team in Grav, Phase Warp everyone out of it to safety.

- Or the opposite, Grav / Earthshatter is ready, Phase Warp everyone nearby to followup on it.

Of course, it groups everyone up which can be countered by DPS ultimates, but that's a fine counter compared to what you can do with it imo.

Also, yes, I know this is a high-target for griefing/trolling. Dropping your team off a cliff or whatever. So I'd also have the ult only place teleported players on a standable surface, and the ult cannot be used in the air. Or some other fix like that.

What do you all think?
Sounds cool
Weird, there was another post here I was in the middle of replying to and now it's gone.

Anyway, it was regarding invincibility on the teleport, like Mercy's rez. I dunno how I feel about adding that to the teleport, though. The only argument I have for it is so that your teammates can adjust to being moved. Opinions on this would be great, though.
07/18/2017 02:45 PMPosted by Thanatos
Weird, there was another post here I was in the middle of replying to and now it's gone.

Anyway, it was regarding invincibility on the teleport, like Mercy's rez. I dunno how I feel about adding that to the teleport, though. The only argument I have for it is so that your teammates can adjust to being moved. Opinions on this would be great, though.

I posted saying what if phase warp turned the teammates into ghost that made them immune to enemy damage or effects for a few seconds to get immobile heroes past the choke but then I figured it sounded too much like lucio and deleted it
07/18/2017 02:52 PMPosted by Zolicon
I posted saying what if phase warp turned the teammates into ghost that made them immune to enemy damage or effects for a few seconds to get immobile heroes past the choke but then I figured it sounded too much like lucio and deleted it
Oh, gotcha. You mean instead of being teleported?

That'd be interesting too, kinda like giving your whole team Wraith form.
That actually sounds like an awesome idea for a hero.

Maybe a support based on Bubbles/Warping people out of danger?

Think of a Reverse Mercy. Instead of flying to the hero, you pull them to you, like a priest in WoW.
There are still a lot of opportunities to troll with this, though. Say your team was on hanamura or any map in overtime trying to either contest or capture, and you just teleport them all away from the point or the payload and you lose. There are way too many players in the community who would definitely do that
07/18/2017 02:55 PMPosted by Zhang2
There are still a lot of opportunities to troll with this, though. Say your team was on hanamura or any map in overtime trying to either contest or capture, and you just teleport them all away from the point or the payload and you lose. There are way too many players in the community who would definitely do that
Yeah, true.

Griefers make me sad, 'cause this would be a nice ultimate if used cooperatively.
07/18/2017 02:54 PMPosted by anurok
Maybe a support based on Bubbles/Warping people out of danger?

Overwatch meets Portal. The possibilities lol. Group teleporting might be crazy OP though
I think it sounds cool, but it'd be too overpowered. It would also be extremely frustrating to people on your team unless you had good communication with everyone, which basically only 6-stacks have.

Now, this did get me thinking a team wide Tracer re-wind would be a cool ult. Only for people in a certain area around you, of course. It'd probably get used a lot like a rez most of the time, but it wouldn't be returning people to full health unless they had full health. And if it only rewinded everyone like, 3 seconds, the user wouldn't always be able to wait til the other team's ults finish to use it. It'd be a lot more situational.

I think that's the closest I'd go to putting a team wide teleport in the game.
Not to be a downer, but wouldn't how Zarya's update to her Graviton Surge prevent the tp as its like a Junk trap which prevents all movement?
Someone was talking about a hero with jump pads. Whatever the new support hero may be, I hope they bring game changing utility to the game. Blizzard has done that for most heroes except Orisa which was just rehashed abilities. It would be pretty cool to teleport your team out of danger and your teammates thanking you in voice chat for the sexy save
sounds like an better straight up version of Symmetra with teleport.

what if instead he can do these:

1. Pull in and out Teammates to a safe place or behind the enemy line
let say he can place down a beacon behind a choke, he can pick up the teammate if he has them LoS and teleport them to the beacon and he can do it until Beacon is either destroyed or runs out of the timer.

this would be amazing if a Team McCree does High Noon but they have a Rein, you throw the Beacon behind them and telebort McCree behind them for the quick High Noo Kill

2. Can take in projectiles into a discorded warphole and send it back to the opponent if he using the move again, but everything will be destroyed if he doesnt use it in less than 5 seconds (But he cant absorb Hitscans)

let say he absorbs Zaryas ultimate, he can use as an reflector by sending it back for a teamwhipe or as a nullifyer as a D.Va Defence Matrix.
Sounds really cool.

As a warning that the teleport is happening a lightning strike can hit the area they will come from 1 second before, so the enemy team have time to react.

But sadly, even though it's a cool idea, it would be abused so much. Maybe it could work like this:

Hero uses Phase Shift:
All teammates get's a prompt they will be teleported in 4-5 seconds. In that time you can press a bindable button to cancel the teleport in case of griefers. After 4-5 seconds, all teammates that didn't cancel gets automatically teleported.