Mercy Rework

General Discussion
1. Ultimate changed so that she can res only one person at a time but it charges much faster ( 3-4 times faster ) also , ultimate gives her heal boost of 50% for 10 seconds

2. She has to aim her staff in a cone around the person she is healing . If she looks away , it disconnects ( like Zen ) . Reduce range of staff.

3. Buff her heals a LOT

4. Remove ability to fly to a hero and glide. And put in ability to actually fly .. ( she has wings ! )

I think this will increase her skill cap and will make her more mobile ..
Mercy right now is where Lucio was before the rework. Lucio would earlier , chill out in the back and provide insane amount of heals .
I think these changes will make her more like Lucio is right now .. her ultimate will res only one person so she doesn't have to hide to get those big Rez anymore because she doesn't have to. The ability to actually fly will make her more mobile ..
She has to aim now .. at least a little bit but she heals a LOT more .
07/08/2017 01:08 AMPosted by shimada
1. Ultimate changed so that she can res only one person at a time but it charges much faster ( 3-4 times faster ) also , ultimate gives her heal boost of 50% for 10 seconds

2. She has to aim her staff in a cone around the person she is healing . If she looks away , it disconnects ( like Zen ) . Reduce range of staff.

3. Buff her heals a LOT

4. Remove ability to fly to a hero and glide. And put in ability to actually fly .. ( she has wings ! )

I think this will increase her skill cap and will make her more mobile ..
Mercy right now is where Lucio was before the rework. Lucio would earlier , chill out in the back and provide insane amount of heals .
I think these changes will make her more like Lucio is right now .. her ultimate will res only one person so she doesn't have to hide to get those big Rez anymore because she doesn't have to. The ability to actually fly will make her more mobile ..
She has to aim now .. at least a little bit but she heals a LOT more .
if she can only 'rez one person at a time' how are we gonna get a cute spray for huge rez
Uhh....... This is all counterproductive to Mercy's purpose though.

If anything, I think the dev's should buff her pistol and increase her clip size. Her rate of self healing is pretty good already (I think) so that's okay.
Why, though?

She doesn't need a rework. There's something to be done about her ult, and possible guardian angel (something I really don't care about), but she doesn't need a rework. Her gameplay mechanics are fine.

The changes you suggested are crippling and would play out very poorly.
07/08/2017 01:28 AMPosted by Andough
Why, though?

She doesn't need a rework. There's something to be done about her ult, and possible guardian angel (something I really don't care about), but she doesn't need a rework. Her gameplay mechanics are fine.

The changes you suggested are crippling and would play out very poorly.

Agreed, most of her kit is pretty fine at the moment, the rez is the only thing causing issues. There's an idea floating around at the moment that she could have multiple stacks of rez, each rezzing one person and charging fairly fast. My solution to the problem of the "Huge Rez" spray and being able to rez multiple people in general is to allow her to hold down the rez button and drag her crosshair over multiple heroes to rez all of them at once for one stack each. It would still take much longer to build up the stacks for a 5 man rez, and you can't just jump in and press Q anymore because you'll be shredded before you can line up all 5 targets.

Other people have had similar ideas as well as a bunch of cool ones to do the rest of her kit. One that I liked was her self-heal having a resource bar that recharges by healing others to promote active Mercy play. I would find you the link to those but I'm still a noob when it comes to forums and how to search them for old posts.
07/11/2017 06:36 PMPosted by HowzMyDrivin
Other people have had similar ideas as well as a bunch of cool ones to do the rest of her kit. One that I liked was her self-heal having a resource bar that recharges by healing others to promote active Mercy play. I would find you the link to those but I'm still a noob when it comes to forums and how to search them for old posts.
I just happened to drop in at a good time then. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757677045#post-7