Map blacklisting

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Not for comp. They're apart of the game. Just learn to play them better.
Blacklisting maps would be like blacklisting heroes just because you don't want to fight against them.
07/13/2017 08:01 AMPosted by PurpleCrack
07/13/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
The Game Browser enables you to play whatever maps you'd like. If other players feel similarly to you, you should have no problem finding a match.

What are your thoughts about optional restrictions to custom games, so let's say I could only play with people within my SR range? I'd rather play with people around my skill than anyone on the block

We love this idea. It was on our initial wishlist for the feature but we ran out of time to implement it. I'll ask around and see if we can get it back on the list.
07/13/2017 07:58 AMPosted by RamasVara
The Game Browser enables you to play whatever maps you'd like. If other players feel similarly to you, you should have no problem finding a match.

A wild blue appears!

I think the poster is talking about blacklisting maps in QP and Comp.

Implicitly the answer is NO.
I guess it is a valid answer for competitive.

My take for QP is that, while it is a seemingly reasonable request for QP, the endless list of user request / change for QP tweaks is detrimental to the simplicity of the UI, and Arcade > Browser mode is just the right answer for endless game customisation.

Maybe all that's really needed is promote game browser to the start screen, instead of hiding it in Arcade.
While this is a minor change it might change player's perception of the problem (and solution) for the better.
07/13/2017 08:02 AMPosted by Rednaxela31
07/13/2017 07:59 AMPosted by Saiyajin
His response was sarcastical.
Not a word...

It should be.
Thumbs up. If I never have to play another game on Volskaya, I'll die a happy man.
07/13/2017 08:03 AMPosted by Protexus

Why can't I downvote your post?

Because then you'd have to wrestle him afterward and we all know how that would turn out.
How about adding more maps instead?

With all due respect, this attitude seems a bit strange to me considering that you can blacklist maps in StarCraft II and battlegrounds in WoW. While TC's post was a bit toxic, having the ability to blacklist maps should prove benifical both to players (not having to play "annoying" maps) and developers (having the statistics which maps are the most "hated" and need improvements). It should obviously be limited though, being able to blacklist more than 1 or 2 maps would probably make the queues too long.
07/13/2017 08:05 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

What are your thoughts about optional restrictions to custom games, so let's say I could only play with people within my SR range? I'd rather play with people around my skill than anyone on the block

We love this idea. It was on our initial wishlist for the feature but we ran out of time to implement it. I'll ask around and see if we can get it back on the list.

Hey Jeff. One of the pro Hog mains was complaining in a video about how many of the tournaments have a map rotation that has only maps that favour dive comps. I thought it was weird that this led him to complain about dive heroes rather than about the existence of rotations that are not actually random as to what maps and what strategies are favoured. Is there a reason these tournaments are allowed to pick and choose the maps like this? Do you think the meta would be more organic if they didn't ban certain maps?
lol I just realized how it wouldve been in Jesus/Mohammeds time.

"No he knows, he meant this"
"No he is implying this and that"

Like its pretty funny that everyone is speculating and reading between the lines. Why not just read it as it is.

I catch all my NA friends do this (and my NA ex), so annoying. Is it a NA thing to always try to read between the lines?

Map and Game Mode diversity is good for the overall health of the game. There is some point (and we're not there yet) where there are too many maps and modes for a player to reasonably wrap their head around and be competitive on. But for now, different maps and different modes are a contributing factor to encouraging hero and playstyle diversity.
Use me to downvote this post
Edit: or upvote because Senpai said so
07/13/2017 08:07 AMPosted by Koma44
How about adding more maps instead?

You got it.
07/13/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Frosty
Use me to downvotes this post

Feel free to upvote too.
07/13/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Map and Game Mode diversity is good for the overall health of the game. There is some point (and we're not there yet) where there are too many maps and modes for a player to reasonably wrap their head around and be competitive on. But for now, different maps and different modes are a contributing factor to encouraging hero and playstyle diversity.

Use me to up vote or probobley downvotes this post

A wild blue appears!

And that should never happen, because it'll dramatically increase queue times.
I have maps I hate, for example - Eichenwalde. That map is a giant pile of steaming s***. However I play it, i much rather be playing than waiting in a 5-10 min queue because of ppl blacklisting maps.
And how unfair would that be to ppl who like maps that aren't popular. Those people would never get to see those maps because of blacklisting....that will NEVER happen, and it NEVER should.
Oh look missing the point of the OP completely, I'm not shocked. It is Blizzard after all.
07/13/2017 08:05 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Thanks for the quick response! Your feedback here is always appreciated. I'm gonna go ahead and roll again -

Do you think the arcade UI is in a good place? I feel like certain game modes which had a lot of merit like the old mystery brawls or my beloved no limits mode suffer due to the big blocky interface.

Thanks again and have a great day
07/13/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

I don't see much hero and playstyle diversity. It's dive comp pretty much everywhere in grandmaster. And it's boring to play as and againts. If players like Taimou feels forced to play Soldier and players like Cocco forced to Winston when he's a god Reinhardt..... I don't know about diversity
07/13/2017 08:10 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Use me to downvotes this post

Feel free to upvote too.

Mister Kaplan, can you please give us, Roadhog players, some of your opinion there?
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757646599#post-1