How would you fix Roadhog?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
<span class="truncated">...</span>my account isnt "incendiary", I was saying the people telling me to post on my recall account were being incendiary.

Jesus christ man

So what's your main account then?

You wonder why you always get down voted when you can't even post on your main account.

You're a troll, simple as that.

Why do people on this forum always look up others profiles before replying? :s
Am I the only one who sees this as a desperate attempt to try to get the upperhand by pointing out (often meaningless) statistics on what others play?

Besides, it has to be counting your arcade stats only from after the patch went live.
And then it only shows Quick Play (wich is unplayable since noone tries to teamwork), and competitive, wich many rarely even touch.
For example, there's no way I have only played Hanzo for 5 minutes :s
Probably in Quick Play, but not overall.
What about mystery heroes? Probably the game mode I have played the most.
Most of my time in the game has been in the arcade.

And in general:
Even if -player- mains -Hero-, he still has a team that also dies unfairly to -Opponent-.
And there is a thing called killcam you know (or even youtube), where you can see how -Opponent- get his unfair kills.

If unfair situations happen in most games by said opponent, something needs to be rebalanced/reworked.

And to those people who goes on "mainer witch hunts":
How many hours do I need with a Hero to get to have an opinion?
We're testing some stuff internally for Roadhog. The focus of changes we're trying are around his defenses, rather than his offensive capabilities. Even though the hook combo is weaker now he can still dish out a lot of damage over all. If he had some more survivability he would be in a better place.
07/11/2017 02:12 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
We're testing some stuff internally for Roadhog. The focus of changes we're trying are around his defenses, rather than his offensive capabilities. Even though the hook combo is weaker now he can still dish out a lot of damage over all. If he had some more suitability he would be in a better place.

So Roadhog will stay useless :D

Thanks for your response, tho
We're testing some stuff internally for Roadhog. The focus of changes we're trying are around his defenses, rather than his offensive capabilities. Even though the hook combo is weaker now he can still dish out a lot of damage over all. If he had some more suitability he would be in a better place.
Well there you go. Give Roadhog say 150 armour instead of hp and boom he's more tanky, that's probably a good place to start in my eyes.

Make him born again! miss him :(

nice to know he's being looked at, but he's got a 300hp heal, isn't he good for defences?
07/11/2017 02:13 PMPosted by Deatheye

So Roadhog will stay useless :D

Thanks for your response, tho

Nah. If the work "his defenses" well enough then maybe he could actually be a tank somewhat.
Will he get his zoning capabilities back?
Good to hear, thanks! It'll be interesting to see how roadhog plays as more of a tanky tank instead of a dps tank (even if he still won't be directly protecting teammates).

Sounds cool, though hopefully its not breather increases/management as that could simply make him a bigger ult charge! But I believe
you want to make a complete new hero.

-.-

Why not try to take a different approach and increase his weaknesses.
Instead of taking everything Roadhog was and remake him into a new hero.
It's not like you guys didnt tried the way he played for a long time. Now you want to make him a total different hero.
The focus of changes we're trying are around his defenses
He seems fine defensively... High hp and self heal... Slow movement... Please look into balancing offense
Breather giving temporary damage resist would make him survive alot longer...

NO NO NO NO NO! He will never be a tank and he should not be! Look at community suggestion! We have a lot of feedback and pretty neat idea! Don't ignore your community!
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757646599#post-1

And no, he can't dish out a lot of damage. You are playing different game, Geoff.
07/11/2017 02:19 PMPosted by Shnobz

NO NO NO NO NO! He will never be a tank and he should not be! Look at community suggestion! We have a lot of feedback and pretty neat idea! Don't ignore your community!
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757646599#post-1

And no, he can't dish out a lot of damage. You are playing different game, Geoff.
DONT IGNORE THIS POST. THEY HAD A VALID AND REASONABLE SUGGESTION.
07/11/2017 01:36 PMPosted by Lily
07/11/2017 10:07 AMPosted by thatdudetony
Why did he need fixing?

Data showed he was fine, he wasn't meta, they nerfed him to appease crybabies.

Cause he was unfun to play agaisnt, such low skills high reward aint fun....

The problem is that counts for every hero. If I die to two pharah rockets that she shoots behind me before I can turn around, does that mean pharah is unfun to play against? What about a genji that starts dragonblade next to me? What about widowmaker who oneshots so many heroes with a headshot?

Every hero is potentially unfun to play against but they all can be countered to reduce that feeling. Roadhog counter is his big hitbox and loud footsteps as well as no mobility. He is a big target that has nothing left now.
07/11/2017 02:14 PMPosted by kestrel

nice to know he's being looked at, but he's got a 300hp heal, isn't he good for defences?

No. His heal roots him. It's a recover tool. His heal is awful for "defense".