Doomfist uppercut and slam bug

Bug Report
I am in the practice range and haven't tried this in a match yet, but when you uppercut and then use slam on a surface slightly higher, you no longer leap upward towards it. Now it just uses the cooldown without actually casting the ability. So basically you uppercut and try to slam but since the target was higher than you were when you used it, it just uses the cooldown and nothing happens.
UPDATE: Actually it seems to be if you try to use the slam and the triangular marker is not on the ground, it just doesn't work but still uses the cooldown.
Can confirm. Siesmic Slam will go on cooldown if I attempt to use it on a surface that can not be reached.
Same thing is happening to me. I'm not sure why it is happening when I was able to do the Eich gap before the update.
Came here to report this exact bug.

It would also help if the E ability had it's marker down while in the air always while the ability is ready.
Just happened to me too. Was slightly lower than a surface I was trying to slam up onto and the ability just went on cool down without anything happening.
Same here, I also did a quick video.
https://youtu.be/8NiGGydUVuo
it appears to be happening when you are both airborne and don't have the targeting cone thing. (from either looking up or off the edges of the map)
Same thing happened to me too.
same happend to me, I was trying to se how far can Doomfist go with the uppercut and slam combo but it seems that when you press e in an area that the slam can go it still goes on cool down
You're not meant to be able to go above your current vertical coordinate with the slam, so that's not a bug, however the going on cool-down even after not going off most clearly is.

As others have said it would also be useful if the reticle was more intuitive and present when in the air and SS is off CD.
I had this problem too, I would use Rising Uppercut and then Seismic Slam but it would go on cool down right as I was in the air. Hope this gets fixed soon.
Can confirm that slam cooldown is triggered back up if you use uppercut before slam cooldown finishes.

edit- actually it seemed like the above, but now checking it out on its own it looks like it triggers the cooldown as if you'd used it, when trying to slam immediately after an uppercut *if you hit the slam hotkey while targetting invalid (e.g. too far or too high) target surface*.
Was it the patch that was released a couple hours ago that caused this? I haven't played much doomfist but I hopped on him after the patch and it was like this.
07/12/2017 06:00 PMPosted by MikeLee
Was it the patch that was released a couple hours ago that caused this? I haven't played much doomfist but I hopped on him after the patch and it was like this.

Definitely looks like it cause I'd never had it happen before, and noticed something was wrong about 2 matches in.
Yep E goes to cool down when you use it infront of a wall or a ledge while midair
Seismic slam doesn't shoot directly forward anymore either, so it's harder to reach the higher points in the maps. Unfortunately, that's disadvantageous to a melee character designed to quickly flank enemy teams.