Network Quality Notifications (ADDED, Thank you)

General Discussion
The orange lightning bolt and 3 squares aren't cutting it, period. We deserve comprehensive data about out connection status to be displayed on console. On PC you can see the current ping, fps, etc., so implement this for Console players.

This can help players diagnose their connection status so they wont enter a game of competitive with a weak connection risking disconnection or have high ping putting them at a disadvantage in the game.

I've seen plenty of other games on console that shows this information so please implement this for us as well.

(Connection is everything, so please try to keep this post alive as possible so the devs can see, even if you don't play on console. Thank you.)
Sorry for bumping my own post, but I feel this is an important feature that's overlooked and should be added.
Well, it's not a bad idea... But anything console related seems to hit a brick wall, until blizzard comes in 6 months to a year later with a "fix" if they ever do.
Still waiting for deadzone adjustment.
Still waiting for linear ramp fix.
Still no sign of seperate balancing for pc & console.
Still no reporting system for console.

The list goes on.
Don't get your hopes up is my point.
07/20/2017 04:51 PMPosted by Xcelllence
The orange lightning bolt and 3 squares aren't cutting it, period. We deserve comprehensive data about out connection status to be displayed on console. On PC you can see the current ping, fps, etc., so implement this for Console players.

This can help players diagnose their connection status so they wont enter a game of competitive with a weak connection risking disconnection or have high ping putting them at a disadvantage in the game.

I've seen plenty of other games on console that shows this information so please implement this for us as well.

(Connection is everything, so please try to keep this post alive as possible so the devs can see, even if you don't play on console. Thank you.)
It's called turn on your ping display. Also play a game of QP or AI first to see if things are connecting alright. If you're spiking or lagging, that's not the time for Comp.
07/20/2017 05:34 PMPosted by BabyMagnum
07/20/2017 04:51 PMPosted by Xcelllence

It's called turn on your ping display. Also play a game of QP or AI first to see if things are connecting alright. If you're spiking or lagging, that's not the time for Comp.
No, It's called Reading as I said Console Players not PC, I even explain the differences PC and Console have for this and Console Does Not Have This. If it does then please direct me to where it is.
07/20/2017 05:28 PMPosted by WaaaitWhut
Well, it's not a bad idea... But anything console related seems to hit a brick wall, until blizzard comes in 6 months to a year later with a "fix" if they ever do.
Still waiting for deadzone adjustment.
Still waiting for linear ramp fix.
Still no sign of seperate balancing for pc & console.
Still no reporting system for console.

The list goes on.
Don't get your hopes up is my point.
True, the Devs are slacking on comprehensive console support but if no one says anything then literally nothing will be done for us. Even if fruitless it doesn't hurt to try.
I saw this post yesterday and we had a discussion about it. We believe we can make some more network information available (like we do on PC). We'll see if we can get something into the advanced video options.
07/21/2017 08:02 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
I saw this post yesterday and we had a discussion about it. We believe we can make some more network information available (like we do on PC). We'll see if we can get something into the advanced video options.
Thanks, Jeff-onii-san
You only reply to non controversial changes why? Oh yea

Can we have a cinimatic gallary. In game??? It can consist of all of the cinimatic trailers, animated shorts, and hero orgin videos playoverwatch hasnt organized them very well and if wanted to explain the lore it would be a much needed addition.

Also i would like tto recommend the ability to choose the ability to choose 1-5 skins per character to have randomized per game, as well as a selection process for highlights. We have the ability to use random highlights but not specific ones. Some i do not care for. Thanks and i hate asking for upvotes but please spread... copy and paste even if you agree. These are simple additions that would improve the overall quality of the game with little resources to make.
Cool. Thanks Jeff & OW Team, I really appreciate it. :)
I thought this post was going to be about how overly sensitive the warnings are. I usually get around 35ms ping and if it happens to get up to 40(gasp!) it starts showing me the warning icons.
07/21/2017 01:40 PMPosted by Ultraviper
I thought this post was going to be about how overly sensitive the warnings are. I usually get around 35ms ping and if it happens to get up to 40(gasp!) it starts showing me the warning icons.
So would you want them turned off until it reaches a certain point, or maybe smaller notifications for smaller ping movement? Or the ability to set the warning limit yourself?

Great, hope to see this implemented soon. The FPS isn't as important as seeing network conditions.
Can't wait to see my 100ms+ of lag.
Thanks Jeff and OW Team, I see that the "Show Network Stats" option was added in the last patch. I haven't been playing OW on Console lately so to come back to see this is nice.

I know a lot of people post about what seems to be a lack of concern for us console players with our needs/requests, but with all the daily things you have going on with the game, you still manage to get things done. Is it perfect? No, nothing ever is, but maybe this will show you're giving more of an effort than they realize.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758468071#post-1
I like this very much, thanks =)
07/25/2017 04:10 AMPosted by MagicRogue
Can't wait to see my 100ms+ of lag.
"The More You Know" advertisement appears. lol