Having fun in Overwatch Competitive? (Personal Poll)

Competitive Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
What is is the best rank(s) to be in comp to have fun? I believe it's bronze, masters, and grandmasters. What are your opinions?
Nope. Can't play this game anymore. I personally know about 50 people who have recently stopped playing because of the competitive garbage experience.
07/27/2017 07:23 PMPosted by Goliath
Nope. Can't play this game anymore. I personally know about 50 people who have recently stopped playing because of the competitive garbage experience.

Sorry to hear that!
Garbage experience. Leavers, forced loss streaks, trolls, throwers, joke of a report system, this game is not fun to play, and the fact that you're forced to play 7 30-40 minute games a week just to maintain your rank is irritating is as hell.

Quitting this game once lawbreakers drops. It looks hella cool, and seems to be built from the ground up for competition. Overwatch was designed for casual play, which is why it fails as a competitive game, and sucks as an eSport.

Through a mediocre MMR/SR system, a matchmaker that creates matches even in mid diamond with 300+ SR difference between two teams, throwers/leavers/trolls/griefers every single game it is genuinely impossible to have fun playing this game, and a lot of people are quitting because of it

Also because the developers don't give a !@#$ about the competitive playerbase because they can spend money they would be spending making competitive play enjoyable on making new cosmetics that drive loot box sales so they can continue farming the casual playerbase for that sweet green.
!@#$ no. The matchmaking is amateur grade, most games aren't competitive nor closely matched.
Bronze is by far the most fun. Masters and GM+ are the literal cancer of this game. I just decay and play with my friends on my alt after I hit GM. Everyone is so toxic and insufferable above diamond it's unreal. Lower ranked competitive seems to have much more chill people.
Is it fun in bronze when you have smurf account? Must make you feel like you're on cloud nine to beat on people trying to get better and then throw to maintain bronze matchups. Must be great to not have anything better to do in life then aggravate other people. I've never heard anyone in Bronze say its great to be there. Don't be a jerk.
All the ranks are fun for me, just have to know how to play the game with a friend or two.
I always have fun in competitive, honestly out of all the seasons, I have witnessed it all, so I kind of spaced out from all the negativity and just focus on the game, there are countless times people don't want to communicate or play the game for what it is, that's how they choose it so you're basically forced to go with it regardless of the reason or why they do it that way, as for SR well I have been in gold before, but solo queue has dropped me a lot the past few seasons, recently got back into silver at least but that probably won't last long, but am I still having fun, hell yes, do I get annoyed, sometimes, leavers and throwers still exist so that's always going to be a negative feature, but hey what can you do, just report and move on and hope you never get them again, next game, you got them again, oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
All are pretty unbearable but sub 2500 is pretty free from cancerous smurfs.
07/27/2017 07:37 PMPosted by Avalon
Garbage experience. Leavers, forced loss streaks, trolls, throwers, joke of a report system, this game is not fun to play, and the fact that you're forced to play 7 30-40 minute games a week just to maintain your rank is irritating is as hell.

07/27/2017 07:38 PMPosted by REDACTED
!@#$ no. The matchmaking is amateur grade, most games aren't competitive nor closely matched.

07/27/2017 07:42 PMPosted by StMichaelXI
Is it fun in bronze when you have smurf account? Must make you feel like you're on cloud nine to beat on people trying to get better and then throw to maintain bronze matchups. Must be great to not have anything better to do in life then aggravate other people. I've never heard anyone in Bronze say its great to be there. Don't be a jerk.

Not to be rude, but I asked for what ranks are you guys having fun in, not how garbage the game is. Your opinion, however, is still appreciated.
High Plat is fun and low to mid diamond is fun at times from like 2800-3200. People actually try or did. the past few weeks have really been terrible and seems like it keeps getting worse. At least that's my luck a lot of throwers and trolls being dumb. Like a 3348 McCrea acting as if he never played before walking into enemy lines and stands fires 1 shot and that's it lol.. is what it is.
07/27/2017 09:09 PMPosted by Raz0Mag

07/27/2017 07:38 PMPosted by REDACTED

07/27/2017 07:42 PMPosted by StMichaelXI

Not to be rude, but I asked for what ranks are you guys having fun in, not how garbage the game is. Your opinion, however, is still appreciated.

Sounds like they're having fun in Bronze because they're just smurfing and beating up on Bronze players or so out of touch they don't care.

I'm in Platinum and it's not even remotely fun. I don't imagine anyone who enjoys a competitive, close match has fun at any of the ranks, because it's getting to the point where it's like QP.
It's the new quick play, I love it!
nope from rank decay to trolls for teams it ends up feeling more like a chore
forced loss streaks

There is no such thing.
07/27/2017 10:20 PMPosted by IrDaBrit
forced loss streaks

There is no such thing.

The first step is denial. If you win too much, the game does it's best to make sure you lose. What would you call that?
Game is OK at low Platinum, get some bad and some good. I actually enjoy quickplay a lot more because people aren't so wound up and ready to strangle each other in hero select. Am also not pidgeonholed into playing tank/healer almost every game to maintain a working comp and can switch to my team's 6th dps if I feel like it.
Honestly the game needs an overhaul to its report system, along with its formula of matching players together, or rather the SR system in general. We all know none of these things are going to happen.

When I get into an even match, I have a lot of fun, even when I lose believe it or not, when everyone on both teams are trying, people are communicating, we are working together to counter someone and combo. That is so much fun to do. But there are so many people that play competitive that just don't care about winning, and just play whatever they want, and don't talk to anyone. But the worst are the people are the ones who purposely throw games and make the game worse for everyone else. Other games have an actual report system that gives you actual feedback on what happens to the player reported. Right now it just feels like everyone gets away with all the trolling, and throwing that they want as long as they don't leave the game early. Which is just letting all these trolls feel like they can get away with anything, which they can. Until the report system can actually make people afraid of being a troll knowing they will get banned from comp, comp will never be consistently fun.
07/27/2017 10:41 PMPosted by ELIXIR
Honestly the game needs an overhaul to its report system, along with its formula of matching players together, or rather the SR system in general. We all know none of these things are going to happen.

When I get into an even match, I have a lot of fun, even when I lose believe it or not, when everyone on both teams are trying, people are communicating, we are working together to counter someone and combo. That is so much fun to do. But there are so many people that play competitive that just don't care about winning, and just play whatever they want, and don't talk to anyone. But the worst are the people are the ones who purposely throw games and make the game worse for everyone else. Other games have an actual report system that gives you actual feedback on what happens to the player reported. Right now it just feels like everyone gets away with all the trolling, and throwing that they want as long as they don't leave the game early. Which is just letting all these trolls feel like they can get away with anything, which they can. Until the report system can actually make people afraid of being a troll knowing they will get banned from comp, comp will never be consistently fun.

They're in the process of implementing a report system that accomplishes this right now, hopefully the verification process will be accurate and they'll be strict enough to instill some fear into these players. Aside from that all we need is an SR system that doesn't heavily revolve around some of the meaningless individual performance stats, maybe scale SR back a bit or reset with these changes for the new season. This all combined with the proper balance changes in the near future and all hope is restored for Season 6.