Please rework zenyatta end of game card

General Discussion
It is currently bugged to be always be assists and nothing else like for example I get gold medal for kills yet it shows up as assists and not kill streak or kills just 60% assists. Another time I get 9K heals which is my personal best because I was the only healer yet gotten the 40% assist card again.

As a Zenyatta main this ticks me off because it prevents showing a disverity in what I can do like getting gold damage or gold heals. Please fix this so that I don't have to see another 40% assists card again as zenyatta due to spamming discord but rather due to giving out healing orbs.
Actually, it isn't bugged. It's just significantly easier to get an assists card as a support, particularly as Zenyatta.

I often receive both defensive and offensive assists with Zenyatta, as well as the "most healed" card, and on the odd occasion the kill streak card or even objective time.

Cards aren't just a reflection of your own performance, but are a reflection of your performance within the context of the match. For example, you may have had 9k heals in one match, being your personal best, but if the support on the other team did 10k healing, they are going to get the card for most healing.
Zen is supposed to get a crap load of assists.
He spreads buffs and debuffs all over the damn place, he isnt supposed to crank out tens of thousands of damage and healing. Leave that to your DPS and full-time healers.

Now, if you have high weapon accuracy and good prioritizing skills, this is a little different. Not gonna go into that here, though.
Same happens on torb.
Only ever armor packs created.

Even still, what do the cards really matter?

(Edit: this came off much snarkier than intended, basically I just wanted to confirm that as far as is known, they have no impact on matchmaking, MMR, xp gains, etc. And are essentially a "for warm and fuzzys only")
07/20/2017 09:24 AMPosted by Sidratha
Actually, it isn't bugged. It's just significantly easier to get an assists card as a support, particularly as Zenyatta.

I often receive both defensive and offensive assists with Zenyatta, as well as the "most healed" card, and on the odd occasion the kill streak card or even objective time.

Except the difference between offensive and defensive assits is based off of whether you started out attacking of defefending or for KOTH just assists.
I still have yet to receive a card other than assists for zenyatta even though I have close to 10 plus hours on him.
Like I will play other people and I get 10 kill streaks it will show up as a card zenyatta if I go 20 kill streak and 30 kills it still shows up as assists which is dumb since it isn't an accurate representation of my performace to stay alive yet still get kills.
07/20/2017 09:28 AMPosted by quiznos
Even still, what do the cards really matter?

Validating for something you did particularly well at in the match? Obviously they don't matter but if I read his assist number it does't impress me seeing as that's all Zenyatta gets cards for.
We also need a "amplified damage" stats like Orisa.
07/20/2017 09:30 AMPosted by XHAD
Except the difference between offensive and defensive assits is based off of whether you started out attacking of defefending or for KOTH just assists.

Actually, the difference is that defensive assists are given for healing someone who obtains an elimination on an opposing player. Offensive assists are given for eliminations on opposing players who have a discord orb on them.

I still have yet to receive a card other than assists for zenyatta even though I have close to 10 plus hours on him.

I have 100+ hours on Zenyatta. Let me tell you that you absolutely can obtain other cards... it's just infinitely easier to get the assists card because you are a support hero.

Like I will play other people and I get 10 kill streaks it will show up as a card zenyatta if I go 20 kill streak and 30 kills it still shows up as assists which is dumb since it isn't an accurate representation of my performace to stay alive yet still get kills.

Again, cards are displayed within the context of the match. Only four at maximum are given at the end of every match, and they highlight various aspects of play. Sometimes people do things that the game views as more deserving of a card than your kill streaks as Zenyatta.

Also... please don't needlessly exaggerate. From your profile your best killstreak as Zenyatta was 12.
I wanted to clarify some of the Statistic Card rules in question, because there's some misunderstandings about the system.

Defensive assists are gained as Zenyatta if you were healing them with Orb of Harmony or Transcendence at the point someone else eliminated an enemy. Offensive assists are gained if the target had Orb of Discord. The statistic has nothing to do at all with whether you are on offense or defense during your game.

To get a card for any statistic, you need to have the most of that statistic across ALL players, both on your team and the enemy's. So even if you have gold medal for eliminations on your team, if a player on the enemy team has more eliminations than they are eligible for the card and you are not. This rule is in place because if someone else ever got a card and you had more of the stat in question, the system was considered to be broken.

The display of statistic cards are not tuned differently based on the hero you are playing. So if I was to tune Eliminations to show up more, I can't do it just for Zenyatta. It would also affect Soldier: 76 or any of the other Heroes. If I was to tune either Defensive or Offensive assists to show up less for Zenyatta, it would also affect Mercy.

Offensive Assists and Defensive Assists have a nearly identical weighting (difference is less than 5%), so if you're seeing the Offensive Assists card way more than Defensive Assists, one basic reason to see Offensive Assists more is just that you are typically earning more Offensive Assists than Defensive Assists. The other possibility is that it might be common for someone else playing a different support hero (on your team or the enemy's) to have more Defensive Assists than you, but not have more Offensive Assists. In that case you could't earn a Defensive Assist card but you could earn the Offensive Assists one.

Hope that helps everyone understand this a bit more!
There's also character specific cards, too. Like soldier helix rocket kills or bastion recon kills. How do those weigh against your typical healing/elims/assist cards we see every game ?
07/20/2017 11:02 AMPosted by Scott Mercer

Offensive Assists and Defensive Assists have a nearly identical weighting (difference is less than 5%), so if you're seeing the Offensive Assists card way more than Defensive Assists, one basic reason to see Offensive Assists more is just that you are typically earning more Offensive Assists than Defensive Assists. The other possibility is that it might be common for someone else playing a different support hero (on your team or the enemy's) to have more Defensive Assists than you, but not have more Offensive Assists. In that case you could't earn a Defensive Assist card but you could earn the Offensive Assists one.

I get that, but why isn't there a "Total Assists" card?
Great information there Scott, thanks for spilling some nice details for us!

Sure does! On the subject of Zenyatta, can you elaborate specific requirements for his Rapid Discord achievement? I did it myself, but I have troubles explaining it for others especially those who I help on Twitter.
I do wish the cards would rate 4/5 golds higher. The other day I had four golds with Zen (including the big ones, elims damage and heals) and I got a card for a completely unimpressive number of offensive assists. As hard as five/four golds are to get, they should be high on the priority list.
I wanted to clarify some of the Statistic Card rules in question, because there's some misunderstandings about the system.

Defensive assists are gained as Zenyatta if you were healing them with Orb of Harmony or Transcendence at the point someone else eliminated an enemy. Offensive assists are gained if the target had Orb of Discord. The statistic has nothing to do at all with whether you are on offense or defense during your game.

To get a card for any statistic, you need to have the most of that statistic across ALL players, both on your team and the enemy's. So even if you have gold medal for eliminations on your team, if a player on the enemy team has more eliminations than they are eligible for the card and you are not. This rule is in place because if someone else ever got a card and you had more of the stat in question, the system was considered to be broken.

The display of statistic cards are not tuned differently based on the hero you are playing. So if I was to tune Eliminations to show up more, I can't do it just for Zenyatta. It would also affect Soldier: 76 or any of the other Heroes. If I was to tune either Defensive or Offensive assists to show up less for Zenyatta, it would also affect Mercy.

What about Symmetra, based on your statement, is that why she doesn't have a Shield Generator up scorecard, cause no one else has that ability to compare to?

Very helpful! Thanks Scott.
07/20/2017 11:14 AMPosted by Cirocband

What about Symmetra, based on your statement, is that why she doesn't have a Shield Generator up scorecard, cause no one else has that ability to compare to?

She has a players teleported card tho, and that compares to nothing else.
Whenever I always get three gold medals, the most important ones for a DPS (elims, damage, objective kills) as pharah, I almost always get the card that shows "65% kill participation" instead, or "30 direct rocket hits", I notice all the time because every time, I go 'dude I had 3 golds, show that instead!' it happens a lot, I just think having lots of gold medals should trump other cards.

Even more importantly, I think they should give rewards to people who get upvotes, maybe a bit of extra EXP or 50 credits for each upvote you receive, it would incentivize people to play better and win

The display of statistic cards are not tuned differently based on the hero you are playing.

So... wait, where do the character specific cards fall?

Am I doomed on torb to only see a non-armor packs created card, unless these conditions are met:
1. An enemy plays torb.
2. They create more armor packs than I do.
3. I am the best (of all 12 players) in a non character specific stat?

How are the varying cards weighted?
I'm intrigued by this.
Here is the thing. If i get 5 gold medals that should be my card not enemies emped or hooked. No one votes for you when you have some obscure statistic card they can't quantify the value of easily.