Bad teams

Competitive Discussion
I'm not talking about players who aren't mechanically good. I'm talking about those teams who will eat !@#$ as Widow, Mccree, fill in the blank, and refuse to switch. They might not have a single elim. But they'll keep on feeding. Or the teams who refuse to have a reasonable comp. What do you do???? Comp is broken af and blizzard doesn't care enough to weed out the feeders, because %^-* you.
Welcome to Overwatch. If it makes you feel any better, it happens at all levels of play aside from the pro scene, which is pre organized. Just don't turn into "that guy" who blames his team not himself for being in a certain rank. We already have enough of those on these forums.
I thought dota 2 was toxic. I think if i go back to dota i will be zen... and i think i will. Blizzard doesn't give a !@#$ about players man. We are stupid that we buy their %^-* games but yet addictive. Blizzard is nothing but a money milking machine
Part of the challenge is that it's summer, to be frank.

If you're playing below about Gold, it's a lot, I mean A LOT, of kids. The problem with kids is exactly as described. Mechanically, they're very good, probably better than my 28 year old brain can react. The problem is positioning and tactics. Under pressure they do random, weird, illogical stuff, and they straight up CAN'T follow a plan.

I get that it's part of a game that's played on the interbutt. Still though, I really wish there was some kind of gated comp. I'd honestly pay to not play with leavers, trolls, kids, and toxic players.
07/19/2017 05:37 PMPosted by MorganLeFay
I'm not talking about players who aren't mechanically good. I'm talking about those teams who will eat !@#$ as Widow, Mccree, fill in the blank, and refuse to switch. They might not have a single elim. But they'll keep on feeding. Or the teams who refuse to have a reasonable comp. What do you do???? Comp is broken af and blizzard doesn't care enough to weed out the feeders, because %^-* you.

The Trolls on this forum will tell you to 'git gud' and 'you can carry those teams if you're good enough'.

Reality is? Those games are an auto loss. Use them to practice your aim on your opponents with whatever character helps your aim.

After the loss, report those that have bad teamwork. Yes, those players that are dead 5-6 times in 1 minute, have no teamwork, refuse to switch when they just toss themselves into the blender 1 v 4, 1 v 5, 1 v 6.

After the reporting is done, take 5. Put your feet up. Go play a round of QP. Wait for the dullards to get into another game. Then try another game. Do your best.

That's all you can do with the system in place that lumps you in with bad teammates, throwers, leavers, trolls that get zero punishments over seasons (seen it happen with my own eyes), instalocks, etc.

Bonus Step: Add friends to your list you're of similar level with. Just one or two that are amicable, reliable, and want to climb alongside you. Can pick out the good eggs both on this very forum, and those in game.

GL. We feel your irritation.
Some teams are just bad. Agree that there are MANY kids, often that try hard but just don't really get yet how to play. Agree too that there is no way to "carry" a really bad team. Have had 5 golds (with Lucio!!!!!) and still lost. Not sure how much "carrying" one can be expected to do; know what I'm saying?
I mean its women dressed in nothing, what parents are letting their 12 year old play this anyways --- Lets get some better parenting people!
When your SR exceeds your MMR, you get bad teammates (I.e. Others whose SR also exceeds their MMR to create a team who is bad relative to the opponents) to fix the situation and get you back to where you belong.
07/19/2017 08:32 PMPosted by Alias
When your SR exceeds your MMR, you get bad teammates (I.e. Others whose SR also exceeds their MMR to create a team who is bad relative to the opponents) to fix the situation and get you back to where you belong.

You've no evidence for that. If you do, by all means share.

Honestly? You accept that this is going to happen, or you 6 stack.

Playing SoloQ, which mode where you get matched up with randoms and then complaining about the randoms you are matched with is a little weird to be honest.

Do we all want a good LFG / guild system? Hell yeah, but for now, friend anyone reasonable, and 6 stack from your friends list.

Or accept that it happens, shrug, and move on to your next game.
02/19/2018 05:52 PMPosted by RobotWizard

Honestly? You accept that this is going to happen, or you 6 stack.

Playing SoloQ, which mode where you get matched up with randoms and then complaining about the randoms you are matched with is a little weird to be honest.

Do we all want a good LFG / guild system? Hell yeah, but for now, friend anyone reasonable, and 6 stack from your friends list.

Or accept that it happens, shrug, and move on to your next game.

Stop resurrecting dead threads.