Fix the misleading hero role

General Discussion
Hero roles are misleading new ow players right now. Some hero dont belong to correct role in hero selection menu. Lets me share my thoughts.

Sombra is a support but placed in supp.

Mccree has high brust damage but low mobility, he should belong to defense hero.

Widow is mobile and she picks off targets like flankers. She is a offense hero.

Symmtra "supporting" is similar to torb. If torb is defense, she should be defense too.

Roadhog is not a tank but is awark to put him in offense/defense.

Any thoughts?
New players will learn soon enough that the role guide means nothing.

They need to just remove it. They'll be told/figure out what is what soon enough.
Roles are fine, it makes no difference to eventual gameplay. Stop getting so OCD about it.

Also Sombra is not a support. Stop saying it.
Sombra is not a support.

Somewhere along the line people saw pros replacing 2nd healer with a Sombra and just assumed "Support?" - Just, No. Pros replace 2nd support with Sombra because it allows them to play an ultra aggressive comp to break the enemy teams hold on an objective, not because she can hack healthpacks...

On the topic of labels, they are meant as introductory guide for new players, any player who has played for more than 50 hours knows they are meaningless - unless of course those people are just mindless sheep who refuse to think for themselves (or worse, use channels like Your Overwatch & Stylosa as gospel).
Everything except symmetra is nonsense.
07/29/2017 04:52 AMPosted by chosenone
Hero roles are misleading new ow players right now. Some hero dont belong to correct role in hero selection menu. Lets me share my thoughts.
Mccree has high brust damage but low mobility, he should belong to defense hero.
Widow is mobile and she picks off targets like flankers. She is a offense hero.
Symmtra "supporting" is similar to torb. If torb is defense, she should be defense too.

Any thoughts?

Yes lots of thoughts your perception on roles of the characters is skewed.
Sombra isn't support
Roadhog is a tank
Symmetra is questionable she could go in defence.
Widow deffo defence category
McCree is insane offence.

For starters a common misconception is that offence category means use on attack, defence category means use on defence.

I think perhaps we should either remove the categories all together or change them.

Tank-Damage-Healer
I would put winston in offense dps. Winston has nothing to do with tanks...

His shield last only 1sec and only reason he has 100% pickrate and his only job is to terminate healers/backline with help of tracer.

Roadhog is also offensive dps.'

Widow deffo defence category

Ok explain to me why Widow has more pickrate on attack?

Why widow is useless against goods genji/tracer/winston which are her counters? She is offensive dps trying to get picks behind tanks. Even reaper is more defensive for team than widow because he can at least babysit his healers.
07/29/2017 04:59 AMPosted by WashableBomb
New players will learn soon enough that the role guide means nothing.

They need to just remove it. They'll be told/figure out what is what soon enough.

jeff has stated that the roles are just for new players, to help them understand what each hero can can, but it doesnt straight up define what the hero can only do
This community isnt even trying to help newcomers.... Yeah I am wrong, screw it, remove everything and turn it to tf2.

Sombra is not a support. So is there a comp that hv 2 supports and a sombra as dps?
07/29/2017 05:19 AMPosted by chosenone
Yeah I am wrong

Yeah.

07/29/2017 05:19 AMPosted by chosenone
Sombra is not a support

Yeah.
Widow is mobile

wait you mean her incredibly long cooldown on one fairly minor mobility ability

she's not a support my god people

yes please i agree with this

He used to be able to do a different type of tanking, where instead of blocking bullets he made people fear getting too close, thereby protecting his teammates indirectly.

Now he just gives the enemy team free ult.