Reporting on console

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Is there a way to report a player from console for throwing?

And is there a reporting option coming soon for in game?
Report option coming soon, however due to implementing it with Sony/Microsoft systems and connecting them to Blizzard services takes time.

They've taken quite a long while but in a recent post they say they are still working on it.
Reporting on console will be available when patch 1.14 goes live (the patch that has DM and TDM and is currently on the PTR for testing).

Thanks for being so patient with us.

Also, it's important to note the reporting system and punishments are very much an ongoing development for us. Improvements will continue over time. We are working on increased punishments for high frequency offenders, email notifications when your reports result in disciplinary action (we're experimenting with this right now and we'll expand this as we refine it) and eventually notifications in the game client when your report results in disciplinary action.
Highly Rated
08/17/2017 04:18 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Reporting on console will be available when patch 1.14 goes live (the patch that has DM and TDM and is currently on the PTR for testing).

Also, it's important to note the reporting system and punishments are very much an ongoing development for us. Improvements will continue over time. We are working on increased punishments for high frequency offenders, email notifications when your reports result in disciplinary action (we're experimenting with this right now and we'll expand this as we refine it) and eventually notifications in the game client when your report results in disciplinary action.

The amount of players who throw games in a competitive game is starting to get ridiculous and you know why it's getting ridiculous? It's because they know they won't get in trouble for it.

Blizzard: We have made reports even more effective

Wrong. Allow me to provide proof that reports don't do anything. I have blocked this users name so it does not go against the rules of the forums by shaming another player.

ALL IMAGES ARE FROM THE SAME PLAYER THAT I PLAYED WITH AND I WILL NOT REVEAL THE USERS NAME BECAUSE IT WILL GO AGAINST THE FORUM RULES.

http://i.imgur.com/PdCbjbH.jpg
    As you can see this players throw hero is Sombra.
    In season 4 he played Sombra 132 times and lost 119 times.
    He has a 8% winrate in season 4
    He went from 3443sr down to 1476sr (you don't just touch high diamond and drop to bronze)

http://i.imgur.com/YY9yMhC.jpg
    In season 3 he went from 3278sr down to 1618sr (once again you don't just touch diamond and drop to silver)

http://i.imgur.com/MgYl6xa.jpg
    in season 5 he played sombra 234 times and lost 234 times. a 0% win rate.
    3562sr down to 3324 and the user told me he's trying to drop back to bronze.

http://i.imgur.com/iJfTFVo.jpg
    This is all comp season as sombra with
    368 games as sombra with a 3% winrate (all comps combined)

The user told us to report him and that he ADMITS to reporting all 11 players every game and yet he doesn't get banned.

SINCE SEASON 3 this user has been trolling and throwing and has never been banned once.

THIS IS DISGUSTING! Why is this even allowed?? Do you guys even look at reports? The fact that he false reports 11 players every game and doesn't get banned amazes me but was amazes me even more is that he's been throwing since season 3 and still hasn't been banned from comp.

No one tilts the player.
We never had a troll comp
We never were toxic to him or anyone else.
we had the basic 2-2-1 comp

he throws on purpose for no reason what so ever other than pure enjoyment.

So when are the reports going to be effective because before you even put reports on console, FIX THE REPORTS ON PC.
Hello YouTube

when lucio ball is gonna end? because that is a farm fest

use this post to like the jeffs post

don't listen to the person above me ^

Great to hear, thanks. Hopefully it is due before the end of S5.

Will Overwatch stop using the Xbox reputation system when this goes live?

Thank you Jeff! So glad to hear that you all are working on this, us console players appreciate it so very much! <3

great news. People need to understand things like this take time. A lot of stuff is happening under the hood.

Thanks for this post, Can you maybe offer more insight on the issues and solutions consoles bring with having more than one account? There are many people who abuse this to cause trouble and punishing one account doesn't hurt them as they have more than one, and they still at the end of the day have their main account to fall back on.
Finally!

*pop

noice
So get your Lucioball farming in while you can

I'm not sure I support sharing information like this, even if it is targeted by email and not publicly posted. So if I report someone for hacking and they shortly after get banned for something completely unrelated (throwing, deranking, abusive chat) due to other reports, I'll get a notification they were banned? Then I'll think I'm great at identifying hacks and report more people incorrectly...

Even if you refine it to only notify people who reported for the specific reason they were banned (really you would have to do category since no one is going to manually filter which reports were correct for each ban), this raises some privacy concerns. This isn't like a public post being deleted from Facebook. Your status (banned, silenced, etc.) in an online video game really isn't information you should be sharing with others without their consent. Yes, they broke your TOS (in your interpretation), but they still have a right to privacy. I think this would reflect poorly on Blizzard.

Report feedback also encourages more reports, which leads to more false/grey reporting. If this is part of your intent, that is fine, but it already seems like people abuse the report system. I'm pretty sure 87% of the player base has said something that could get them banned for "abusive chat" or "poor teamwork" at least once, and it's just a matter of time before a review is triggered for them to be banned.

If you just want people to know that reports do something, publicly post how many people got banned and silenced each month due to reports. You can even break down the data by category if you want. I just don't support specific feedback, because then reporting becomes a revenge tactic instead of just a tool to improve the community.
08/17/2017 04:36 PMPosted by Superbunny

I'm not sure I support sharing information like this, even if it is targeted by email and not publicly posted. So if I report someone for hacking and they shortly after get banned for something completely unrelated (throwing, deranking, abusive chat) due to other reports, I'll get a notification they were banned? Then I'll think I'm great at identifying hacks and report more people incorrectly...

Even if you refine it to only notify people who reported for the specific reason they were banned (really you would have to do category since no one is going to manually filter which reports were correct for each ban), this raises some privacy concerns. This isn't like a public post being deleted from Facebook. Your status (banned, silenced, etc.) in an online video game really isn't information you should be sharing with others without their consent. Yes, they broke your TOS (in your interpretation), but they still have a right to privacy. I think this would reflect poorly on Blizzard.

Report feedback also encourages more reports, which leads to more false/grey reporting. If this is part of your intent, that is fine, but it already seems like people abuse the report system. I'm pretty sure 87% of the player base has said something that could get them banned for "abusive chat" or "poor teamwork" at least once, and it's just a matter of time before a review is triggered for them to be banned.

If you just want people to know that reports do something, publicly post how many people got banned and silenced each month due to reports. You can even break down the data by category if you want. I just don't support specific feedback, because then reporting becomes a revenge tactic instead of just a tool to improve the community.
Works perfectly fine in plenty of games that offer a feedback tool exactly like blizzard is telling us they will do.
Hell, it's about time.

Finally!

Question, though. How will you guys deal with the alternative accounts that will eventually arise from people being banned? Will you be handing machine or IP bans or something like that?