Is it time for a new healer hero?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
Hello everyone

I'd like to share my support/secondary healer concept. It's a hero with a pet.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753767513#post-1

Hero Namecodes: Lifeline & Waffle
Hero Name: Jean Camille Van Bommel and his dog, Waffle.
Role: Support
Sub Role: Healer / Anti crowd control
Base of Operations: Brussels, Belgium
Affiliation: NATO Special Operations

Playstyle: Lifeline and Waffle are a healing/damage reduction combo. Waffle has auras like Lucio. He can stay near Lifeline, or can be sent to assist teammates like Zenyatta's Orb of Harmony

Look and Feel: Picture Mutt & Junkyard from G.I. Joe and the classic cop and dog buddy.

http://wry1.deviantart.com/art/Mutt-Junkyard-Sketch-118365462

I don´t own the picture. Credit to artist Wry1 in Deviantart.

Abilities:

LMB - Two handed Shotgun (DP12 Pump Action Double Barrel) / Damage: 80 HP, Fallof 7-20 mts, 8 rounds. 2x sec -pump- 1 sec reload.

RMB - Chewing Toy / Waffle bites an enemy rooting him in place and dealing small amount of damage. Can be targeted on enemies in melee range of Waffle. / Damage: 30 HP, 15 mts range, 1.2 second cast, 3 second root. Targeting system like Zenyatta's Discord Orb.

Shift - K-9 Protection / Waffle passively buffs all allies in line of sight, in a short radius. Activating K-9 Protection switches between a healing aura and a damage reduction aura / Healing Aura: 25 hps, 8 meter radius / Damage Reduction Aura: 30% Damage reduction, 8 meter radius. (Ideally, you'd activate healing when you know your team will be getting sustained damage, and you'd switch to damage reduction when you feel burst damage is coming your way). This is the only healing ability

E - Deploy Waffle / Waffle runs to targeted ally and stays with him, providing K-9 Protection, as long as Lifeline maintains line of sight. If line of sight is lost, Waffle returns to Lifeline. Waffle can be recalled to Lifeline's side. To assist players that might be out of reach (no path available) or are up in the Air, Pharra or D.Va for example, Waffle can reach and follow them with a convenient jetpack.

Ultimate - Inspiring Howl / Wafflle Howls and teammates in range get immunity to stuns and silences, and removes debuffs. Effect lasts for 6 seconds, 20 mts radius (counter to Graviton, Blizzard, EMP, Ana anti heal)

Passive - Too cute to shoot! / Waffle is Invulnerable. If Lifeline dies, Waffle runs to his body and stays by his side until respawn or rez. K-9 Protection doesn't work if Lifeline is dead.

Suggestions and comments are welcome!
I really liked Rage's idea of a Talon Support with his weird linking idea.
I'd love to have another healer, I'm not very fond of Lucio but I would like to see a healer that has to be more up-close then the current ones.

• Name: Gohdaor
  • Health: Not good with this so I'd say around 200.
  •  
    Abilities.
    Weapon, Primary/Secondary fire.
  • Whole Gun: A basic two-barrel gun that fires short ranged healing pellets which heals the player hit for x per pellet. If this is fired onto an enemy it will damage them. Fine tune the damage/healing per shot with the fire rate to get the gun in a perfect place.
  •  
  • Give a Breath: (8s CD) Gohdaor will become stationary while this ability is in use, everyone who is close will split a total of 300 heal, This will be the ability that will force the player to stay close to the team to be able to help them
  •  
  • Rope Anchor: (8s CD) Gohdaor throws out his rope towards an ally in need, if the anchor hits the player Gohdaor will wheel him back in toward himself, enemies cannot be affected by this.
  •  
  • Half Goh: (Ultimate) Gohdaor will fire his gun rapidly, healing every ally that he hits, a maximum of 5000 health is possible if every pellet hit.
  • 08/02/2017 04:46 PMPosted by KaKao
    Rope Anchor: (8s CD) Gohdaor throws out his rope towards an ally in need, if the anchor hits the player Gohdaor will wheel him back in toward himself, enemies cannot be affected by this.

Interesting ability. Lots of potential to bring your annoying Widow teammate into the point :P
    08/02/2017 04:46 PMPosted by KaKao
    I'd love to have another healer, I'm not very fond of Lucio but I would like to see a healer that has to be more up-close then the current ones.

•  
    Abilities.
  • Whole Gun: A basic two-barrel gun that fires short ranged healing pellets which heals the player hit for x per pellet. If this is fired onto an enemy it will damage them. Fine tune the damage/healing per shot with the fire rate to get the gun in a perfect place.
  •  
  • Give a Breath: (8s CD) Gohdaor will become stationary while this ability is in use, everyone who is close will split a total of 300 heal, This will be the ability that will force the player to stay close to the team to be able to help them
  •  
  • Rope Anchor: (8s CD) Gohdaor throws out his rope towards an ally in need, if the anchor hits the player Gohdaor will wheel him back in toward himself, enemies cannot be affected by this.
  •  
  • Half Goh: (Ultimate) Gohdaor will fire his gun rapidly, healing every ally that he hits, a maximum of 5000 health is possible if every pellet hit.

• so basically heal hog
    08/02/2017 04:59 PMPosted by DarthSil
    so basically heal hog

Hog's build for the next PTR.
    Overwatch has always needed more healers. Ana was a good start for balancing things out, but I wouldn't have complained if the next three or four heroes after her were also healers... with maybe a tank thrown in too. Between Offense / Defense, the DPS role is grossly oversaturated.
    Been awhile since we brought this back up.
    Yes please
    Can we have a healer that has "Life's Grip" ability, which works like Death Knight's Death's Grip from WoW, but only works on allies?
    how about a Builder Healer?
    08/02/2017 04:46 PMPosted by KaKao

•  
    Abilities.
  •  
  •  
  •  

• Give a Breath would need a cap on healing single heroes to prevent pharmacy type abuse and the rope anchor seems like it could be used to troll teammates but overall pretty good start for Gohdaor!
    08/02/2017 04:37 PMPosted by Pachanga
    Hero Namecodes: Lifeline & Waffle
    Hero Name: Jean Camille Van Bommel and his dog, Waffle.
    Role: Support
    Sub Role: Healer / Anti crowd control
    Base of Operations: Brussels, Belgium
    Affiliation: NATO Special Operations

Too long to repost but you have some great ideas here. I would only worry about Waffle causing issues by being an extra model on the field but it does work for torbs turrets so it could be viable. Also 3 seconds for the "chew toy" root might be a bit long. I would consider maybe a flashbang like stun 1second stun and another 1.5 second of visual distortion caused by the pain of being bitten. (yes i know that they get shot all day without visual distortion but suspension of disbelief and all)
    And please make the next healer hero to be easy to heal and does a lot of healing.

Otherwise people will still play Mercy regadless.

We also need more freaking tanks.
    bump
    I'm hoping for a main healer instead of an off healer. I don't like off healing but I'm sick of playing Ana/Mercy all the time.
    07/28/2017 10:54 AMPosted by cubinux99
    blizz, we need tanks and healers, theres ENOUGH dps.

Or a tank AND a healer in one. I would play the **** out of that.
    It's been time for a new healer.