Where are all the Tanks and Supports at?

General Discussion
IDKY but it seems that lately all I see is people playing Offence and Snipers.

I had 4 games in a row where everyone refused to switch to a tank or support and since I'm not capable of playing two heroes at once, our match went as you'd expect.

Did I miss something? What's going on?

I even have friends who've tried to adopt to this shift by picking soldier 76 and calling themselves "The healer now!"
Catch up with the times, man. You're a square if you play tanks. Usually a big blue square, but you're still a square. Only DPS are cool.

Anyway, that aside, I have no clue why no one plays tank anymore. I'll play a Reinhardt if no one else does and we need one, but I'm usually stubborn so..
The large roster of dps to support / tanks. The Cod mentality and last but not least the way people treat them for failures.....

Or if your like myself your burnt out on healing every single game. But no one will listen and go silent when you ask to change places for abit.
All the tanks were nerfed into oblivion.

D.Va: Armor and already low damage nerfed.

Orisa: Damage nerfed on a weapon already considered hard to hit anything with.

Reinhardt: Severely bugged for a while. Ultimate nerfed. Charge was stealth nerfed just this patch.

Roadhog: Damage severely nerfed. Entire playstyle invalidated.

Winston: Nothing yet. That's in part why he's become the most popular tank.

Zarya: Knockback protection removed. Energy (ie damage) severely nerfed.

Notice a trend? Tanks getting their damage gutted and people stop playing them because they are unrewarding.
07/28/2017 05:18 AMPosted by Zenith
Catch up with the times, man. You're a square if you play tanks. Usually a big blue square, but you're still a square. Only DPS are cool.

Anyway, that aside, I have no clue why no one plays tank anymore. I'll play a Reinhardt if no one else does and we need one, but I'm usually stubborn so..

Yeah, I'm kind of the same too. I can switch but it's just annoying to HAVE to switch. I can't heal and tank at the same time.

Well I can tank as a support but I'll die soon after and I can heal as a tank but only when I'm Roadhog. Who is about as much of a tank as Reaper is.
I enjoy playing Reinhardt, but can't do it effectively without a decent healer or competent team.
This is what happens when you have 4 healers and 6 tanks, vs 15 dps.

Much more variety to play different dps. More than a year later, boring as hell to play the same 4 healers all the time, and to a lesser extent the same 6 tanks.
07/28/2017 05:14 AMPosted by KnalxzReaper
I even have friends who've tried to adopt to this shift by picking soldier 76 and calling themselves "The healer now!"

Lol
07/28/2017 05:14 AMPosted by KnalxzReaper

I had 4 games in a row where no one refused to switch to a tank or support and since I'm not capable of playing two heroes at once, our match went as you'd expect.

Dude. You have 56 hours on Genji. Your next closest is Winston at 23 hours.

Take your own advice.
If you're playing in Quickplay, this is the life you must live...it is what it is.
07/28/2017 05:46 AMPosted by Kannon

Take your own advice.

This wins the thread.

"but genji is tank, he deflec, but he also attac"
because there are a majority of players that think they can just solo win games ... forgetting that this is a team based game. they forget that the whole time they sit on the back nine, sniping and maybe getting a kill here and there, that there is a team pushing or holding the objective. OR if someone does go healer, they never protect them. its just "heal me heal me heal me" or "im not getting heals u suck" ... sorry, not putting up with that crap.

i also have the mentality, that if im playing with my friends, i have no problem at all switching to whatever the team needs, be that healer or tank .... however, if i get dropped into a team of dps, that tells me that they dont want a healer or tank, so i oblige them. i usually then go sombra or attack torb.

I had 4 games in a row where no one refused to switch to a tank or support and since I'm not capable of playing two heroes at once, our match went as you'd expect.

Take your own advice.

Did you even read my OP?

I never say more people should play healer or tank I just asked where did they all go. How could I possible take my own advice if I never gave any to begin with?

Also what does me playing Genji have anything to do with the sudden disappearance of these types of players? It's not like I deleted their accounts or anything.

I try to be as flexible as possible but it's just Genji is a very flexible hero which is what leads to me playing him alot.
I used to love playing a certain tank. Hes dead now. I now play Tracer and Sombra
07/28/2017 06:05 AMPosted by KnalxzReaper
I try to be as flexible as possible but it's just Genji is a very flexible hero which is what leads to me playing him alot.

"But where are the tanks and supports!"
07/28/2017 05:49 AMPosted by JerichoSix
07/28/2017 05:46 AMPosted by Kannon

Take your own advice.

This wins the thread.

I'd bet you think the same way with Torb.

This could possibly be a deflection reflection case?
I went over to that other game, because Overwatch is starting to get a little boring with only four healers.

I'll be back for the Summer Games.
07/28/2017 06:12 AMPosted by KnalxzReaper
07/28/2017 05:49 AMPosted by JerichoSix

This wins the thread.

I'd bet you think the same way with Torb.

This could possibly be a deflection reflection case?

No, because I don't make forum topics complaining about the lack of tanks or healers, when I know damn well I don't play tanks or healers. Try again.
I'm here, I have my eyes on you
I play tank in comp.

I get tired of being the only one willing to play tanks in comp, so I play DPS in quick play.

Sorry not sorry, but I want to have some fun too, not just be bound to playing tanks all the time.

Also, there’s something like 14 DPS heroes and 5 tanks (with 4 healers). They seriously need to stop making DPS heroes and fill up the tank and healer roster.