Where are all the Tanks and Supports at?

General Discussion
07/28/2017 05:25 AMPosted by JohnnyButane
All the tanks were nerfed into oblivion.

D.Va: Armor and already low damage nerfed.

Orisa: Damage nerfed on a weapon already considered hard to hit anything with.

Reinhardt: Severely bugged for a while. Ultimate nerfed. Charge was stealth nerfed just this patch.

Roadhog: Damage severely nerfed. Entire playstyle invalidated.

Winston: Nothing yet. That's in part why he's become the most popular tank.

Zarya: Knockback protection removed. Energy (ie damage) severely nerfed.

Notice a trend? Tanks getting their damage gutted and people stop playing them because they are unrewarding.

So people stopped playing tanks because they couldn't be pseudo-DPS anymore? I keep getting the sense that people want every character in the game to be a DPS that was added to creating a healer or a tank rather than actual unique roles.
I've made my peace.
Very fast load time, I instalock Mercy, wait for the rest of the team to pick, if I don't see one of the tanks by the end of setup, I'm going DPS too.
07/28/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Draco
So people stopped playing tanks because they couldn't be pseudo-DPS anymore? I keep getting the sense that people want every character in the game to be a DPS that was added to creating a healer or a tank rather than actual unique roles.

No, people stop play tank because it's no fun. You're nothing more than a giant meatball that can only take damage. This works for Diabolo or WOW, but in an FPS not.

Tanks should dominate the close combat, so they can create a kill zone that is safe. Roadhog, Season 3 DVa, Zarya and Reinhardt could that before their nerf. But thanks to the whole DPS Mains, who just roared around that they died because they have played badly. But hey DPS Mains are probably the favorites here in the game.

But nice that you have not explained exactly why tanks can not do any harm, which shows that your argumentation is bad.

07/28/2017 10:07 AMPosted by Evile
I've made my peace.
Very fast load time, I instalock Mercy, wait for the rest of the team to pick, if I don't see one of the tanks by the end of setup, I'm going DPS too.

You are doing it right.
07/28/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Draco

Damage and healing are the only two functions this game recognizes as valid.
They're what drive your competitive MMR, what charges ultimates, what gives you the most medals and what puts you on the kill feed.

Pure meat shield has little place in a shooter. This is not a MMORPG, and Overwatch "tanks" are not exactly so tanky they shrug off loads of damage. They definitely do not soak any more than the high mobility/small hitbox heroes dodge. Either go down under sustained fire. So why should tank damage output be severely garnished like they're some kind of unkillable juggernauts?
07/28/2017 05:14 AMPosted by KnalxzReaper
lately all I see is people playing Offence and Snipers.
Lately? You mean since beta...
Because they gutted the phone out of the tanks. This is the mess Blizz deserves
I know, i had two games in comp with 4 dps.
won one of them though, and i sadly had bronze elims in that one. i was support.

in the other one, the other team was only slightly better. they never dived me, but my team got off point all the time and trickled in.

>how to not play comp 101
They're going to have to start rewarding players more for playing tanks and supports, just like they did in WoW.