Am I the only one who wants to see the ARG come back?

General Discussion
I know it's fun to hate on the ARG because of how terribly certain aspects of it went (namely, the fact that it had those long waits with little to no payoff) but the ending was extremely fun imo. "Hacking" into Lumerico and helping out Sombra was really cool and we got a lot of new lore about Dorado.

Maybe next we could help out Sombra in her investigation of the mysterious illuminati group? Or collect dirt/info on currently known heroes, new heroes to come, new maps, etc. Maybe continue the Volskaya/Sombra storyline where we help Sombra send stuff to Volskaya, continue to blackmail her and tell her what to do?

I really enjoyed the ARG and I think it has some amazing potential but I'm afraid the Overwatch team is too afraid to try it again after the heavy backlash. But now that they've learned from their mistakes I think it could be really fun. Less puzzles, no more "loading screens" where we sit and wait for months before something happens, better payoffs. It could work really well if they tried again I think.

What do you guys think? Is the ARG a fail experiment or should blizzard give it another go?
No arg, that took forever and it was more annoying than anything with the hype that people came up with every single day
Yeah it took forever that's why I said no more of the long periods where we waited and did nothing, that's when it was bad. If they improve on the execution it could work.
Hell no

They don't even know how to do it right
It never stopped.

*Mentok "whee-oo-wheee-oooo" hand gestures*
Blizzard ARG = marketing tricks, no thanks.
It was barely even an ARG. It started cool but within 24 hours it was just a 3 month long countdown. Please never again Blizzard.
I would love it if it turned into short puzzles/hidden messages they hid in random places for us to find during story development, not something that purposely lasted, say, more than 2 weeks. Obviously a 3-month timer is not what we need, but a mysterious static panel in the rumored upcoming Zarya comic leading to a single message from Sombra, or literally any brief hidden message that is not a string of QR codes and loading screens would be amazing!
07/23/2017 09:51 PMPosted by JRIDSTONE
I would love it if it turned into short puzzles/hidden messages they hid in random places for us to find during story development, not something that purposely lasted, say, more than 2 weeks. Obviously a 3-month timer is not what we need, but a mysterious static panel in the rumored upcoming Zarya comic leading to a single message from Sombra, or literally any brief hidden message that is not a string of QR codes and loading screens would be amazing!

No ARG plans at the moment, but I just wanted to mention that the upcoming Zarya comic is not a rumor!
07/24/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Michael Chu

No ARG plans at the moment, but I just wanted to mention that the upcoming Zarya comic is not a rumor!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'd like to see it come back if they shortened it.

squee
Zarya's comic confirm !

Finally. My Russian lady is getting the spotlight again! ♡

I don't think anyone will care with how shifty the lore already is. You probably will change zarya to be a goodie goodie

gg.
but what about that mei comic leak that people were talking about
Was that false?
A much improved version of an ARG would be welcomed.

The problem with the Sombra one is it was too drawn out and it basically lead to nothing of merit. Sombra's release date was set in stone so all doing the ARG did was just lead to a countdown that lead to a countdown which eventually lead to the countdown to the day she was going to be revealed anyways.

Next time around it should be shorter and it should offer something tangible once a part of it is solved. Maybe something like it revealing a teaser for one of the abilities of the upcoming hero, causing an in game event, etc.

Any idea why Zarya doesn't look like a russian but instead like Arnolds Schwarzenegger playin russian in Red Heat?
Their ARG was f'in horrible. If they want to do something right look at Battlefields ARG's.

in 5,4,3,2,1
10 MIN VIDS FLOODING MY RECOMMENDED
nice

still waiting for the beyond awesome skin though...