Is this voice line real?

General Discussion
You know i read in several wikis that supposedly when Zenyatta gets a kill on Widowmaker, he says "That was for my friend".

Yet i have never heard it once. And i play a lot of zenyatta.
It's probably like the Reaper and Mercy voiceline where Mercy says something along the lines of "Gabriel, what happened to you?" And Reaper replies with "You tell me, doc..."

That line was confirmed by Michael Chu to not even be in the game, despite the wiki and multiple people saying they've heard it. Perhaps the line you're talking about is the same way...*shrug*
07/25/2017 07:22 PMPosted by Facundo
You know i read in several wikis that supposedly when Zenyatta gets a kill on Widowmaker, he says "That was for my friend".

I haven't either. But wouldn't it be "That was for my brother" instead? I mean, both of their names are Tekhartha Zenyatta and Tekhartha Mondatta.
Range probably affects it. Widow will always be really far away. So you'd have to get a kill at close range, and have the voice line proc.
Have you tried !@#$%^-*!@ (spamming CTRL) her afterward? Maybe the problem is you're not hitting her with the right balls.
07/25/2017 07:37 PMPosted by Mandalore
Have you tried !@#$%^-*!@ (spamming CTRL) her afterward? Maybe the problem is you're not hitting her with the right balls.

I have killed her with regular balls, right clicks and several kicks.

And still nothing.
07/25/2017 07:42 PMPosted by Facundo

I have killed her with regular balls, right clicks and several kicks.

And still nothing.
Tango Echo Alfa Bravo Alfa Golf Golf India November Golf
07/25/2017 07:28 PMPosted by Darthrex
It's probably like the Reaper and Mercy voiceline where Mercy says something along the lines of "Gabriel, what happened to you?" And Reaper replies with "You tell me, doc..."

That line was confirmed by Michael Chu to not even be in the game, despite the wiki and multiple people saying they've heard it. Perhaps the line you're talking about is the same way...*shrug*

That quote is in the game. What people think is in the game but isn't is Mercy saying "I didn't want this for you" and Reaper replying "you knew what you were doing."
Well, in any case, i hope Michael Chu sometime laters drops by to clarify is that line exist or not.

Meanwhile i will keep killing Widows with my balls.

To be fair, Michael Chu has apparently been able to fix the voiceline system for months, and yet hasn't for certain lines.

It's totally possible that the Zenyatta kill line was a thing for a while, and then it went the same way as the Pharah/Mercy interaction, or the above Reaper/Mercy interaction: broken worse in the process of fixing it.

No, not sure where that came from. Zenyatta's not really the type.
Sometimes I wish I could like these blue posts.
07/26/2017 10:35 AMPosted by Michael Chu

There's a quote I've heard that is quite similar that I believe comes about from an interaction with Orisa.

Sort of like how Tracer might shout "Nice one Reinhardt!" when he gets a kill, Zen says something when Orisa kills someone or gets killed or something. Just can't remember what the line is.

Thanks Michael. Now i can put that myth to rest.
I could swear I actually heard this once in-game, but now... well now I'm second guessing everything. Who are you people? Get off my lawn!
While we are on the topic of voicelines, what about McCree? His alternate skins, Vigilante/Mystery Man, have recorded voicelines but they are never heard in game

I know some balls he hasn't tried yet
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have almost 200 hours on Torb and I only heard this week:

"My ultimate is charging, Its too soon."

Dont you think this is too rare?

I swear I've heard that multiple times