[JUNKRAT] Reduce Concussion Mine damage to 90

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 21 Next
120 dmg and you're immobilized for 4s? I'm not sure, it seems a bit too much for just one spell.
I feel the damage of the mine should be 90 instead of 80 otherwise he will become less reliable at securing kills which is his main problem currently. Apart from this minor change I would strongly recommend, this change could help Junkrat for the better
07/25/2017 05:02 PMPosted by AwfulWinston
I feel the damage of the mine should be 90 instead of 80 otherwise he will become less reliable at securing kills which is his main problem currently. Apart from this minor change I would strongly recommend, this change could help Junkrat for the better

90 damage conc mine, then 110 damage trap then.
07/24/2017 11:04 AMPosted by GreyFalcon
- Trap+Mine = 200 damage
- Grenade+Mine = 200 damage

The issue here is that if a Lucio exists, 200 damage isn't enough to kill a 200 health hero, they will survive on low hp.
Don't make him reliant on his shorter range trap and mess with his burst damage by trying to comoensate with shorter mine cooldown.

If you want to up his mobility, put his Mine as an alternate weapon via mouse wheel.

His new ability will be to ride his Riptire like a unicycle with a limited time / fuel gauge. This includes wall riding.

Now you have a wall-riding, mine-jumping, grenade lobbing, maniacally laughing nightmare.
Good suggestions on the 90 damage mine, updated the original post.
Here's my proposed tweak

Concussion Mine
Has 2 charges, 5 second recharge
Deals 50 damage and launches target in the air if target is on the ground
Deals 200 damage if target is in the air

This allows Junkrat burst mobility, juggling / control, a combo kill possibility against close range opponents if he has both charges up, and the ability to challenge a Pharah by rocket jumping toward her.

Edit: and as a bonus will punish people who bunny hop at close range. Bunny hoppers deserve to die.
I like the sound of a 4 second cooldown.
Hire this man, blizz!
Junkrat:
- Concussion Mine, damage reduced to 90
- Junkrat Trap, increase damage to 110
- Concussion mine, reduce cooldown to 4 seconds

Results
- Trap+Mine = 200 damage
- Grenade+Mine = 210 damage
- Trap is way more deadly.
- Can't spam 2 mines and kill 200HP. For balance reasons.
- Grenade + Mine is a much more frequent and consistent combo
- Junkrat's survivability and mobility goes way up because he can use a ConcMine every 4 seconds to engage/retreat.

This is pretty close to what we're trying with him, and what will likely be on the PTR when it comes back up. Currently on our internal builds Junkrat has 2 charges of his Concussion Mine. This allows you to do all kinds of cool stuff like launch yourself into a fight and still have a charge to escape with, or launch yourself up into a Pharah and still have a charge to try and kill her with. Previously this was possible before but you had to plant one on the ground and then wait for the cooldown to come back before doing this. That is still possible, which allows for a triple jump now if you want/need that, but now it is a lot more reliable to do with 2. It has been a ton of fun to play with so far.

We're also looking at making his ult a bit better. We're experimenting with a movement speed increase or a health increase on the tire. We wouldn't do both things but in either case it should be more reliable to use in more situations.
Highly Rated
dayyyyyum boi, a JR buff you say? we are a year behind schedule for that!!
Highly Rated
07/26/2017 10:51 AMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Junkrat:

Results
- Trap+Mine = 200 damage
- Junkrat's survivability and mobility goes way up because he can use a ConcMine every 4 seconds to engage/retreat.

This is pretty close to what we're trying with him, and what will likely be on the PTR when it comes back up. Currently on our internal builds Junkrat has 2 charges of his Concussion Mine. This allows you to do all kinds of cool stuff like launch yourself into a fight and still have a charge to escape with, or launch yourself up into a Pharah and still have a charge to try and kill her with. Previously this was possible before but you had to plant one on the ground and then wait for the cooldown to come back before doing this. That is still possible, which allows for a triple jump now if you want/need that, but now it is a lot more reliable to do with 2. It has been a ton of fun to play with so far.

We're also looking at making his ult a bit better. We're experimenting with a movement speed increase or a health increase on the tire. We wouldn't do both things but in either case it should be more reliable to use in more situations.

Use this post to upvote this comment
Damn.. that sounds pretty sweet! Makes me excited to play junkrat more often again!
Nice changes if they go live
Whoah. This is amazing on so many levels. Not only did OP pretty accurately predict Blizzard's internal balance testing, but Blizzard then confirmed it!
Interesting very interesting maybe also consider death of ult before timer causes partial damage at destroyed area.
nice
07/26/2017 10:51 AMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Junkrat:

Results
- Trap+Mine = 200 damage

So if JR is becoming less clunky and quicker on the CDs, can we expect to see this same treatment in someone who has the longest cooldowns in the game and is also a french sniper?