Nerf Doomfist Please

General Discussion
I only hope Rein's charge can win a non-full charged DF's RMB...
Other than this, I think DF is perfectly fine.
I mean, he can't even be used in comp, how TF could we know if he is OP or not?
We need an objective environment to judge a new comer objectively
07/30/2017 07:12 AMPosted by BarbeNoire
07/30/2017 06:53 AMPosted by Boostio
"Waah my mains get countered by the new hero, I don't wanna switch to heroes the counter him hard I just wanna whine til he gets nerfed!"

"Im retarded so I speak in quotes because I got no arguments"

I play characters I like, I won't change my entire playstyle just based on 1 unbalanced hero.

This game is all about match ups. You just play the hero's that have a bad matchup against him. Which is why it's also a team game. You don't have to play different heroes, just don't put yourself in the position where doomfist finds you easily, basically rely on your team to help you. Also pretty sure in anas sleep dart can stop his punch so you're not at a complete loss there. Basically your favorites got the bad end of the stick with this hero, but don't go trying to nerf him because of it. I do admit though doomfists hitboxes are a little whack right now so he needs some fine tuning there but not enough to be considered a need or buff
BTW considering OP's main is Ana.
I think Ana is a support that work OK-ish against DF.
Easy sleep dart target when he is charging.
Relatively large hitbox for you to hit LMB.
Meaty strike is a pain in the AZZ for Ana, but it is an ultimate after all.
07/30/2017 07:13 AMPosted by JebediahStrm
God this forum is awash with crybabies. Waaaah, doomfist punched me and I died.

Newsflash, dude levels skyscrapers with that thing. You should die, if he fully charges it and pummels you into a wall. It's like....his whole persona. His role is dps. He kills stuff. Just like anything, you will adjust and die less once you've seen him in games enough. Or you will keep getting nailed because you suck. Or you'll just suck it up and realize you ARE going to die in a video game, it's happened since the beginning. Miss Pacman died to ghosts. Was there endless lines of idiots whining that the big mean ghosties came from nowhere and boxed you in before eating you?

This new generation of gamers, pshhhh.

Just play roadhog if you don't like getting one shot by Doomie. Oh wait, he sucks now too because people like you got him nerfed into oblivion.

Honestly, I think Doom needs a small buff, not nerfs.

Man... What happened to Roadhog is so bad.
Rank 2000
07/30/2017 07:13 AMPosted by JebediahStrm
God this forum is awash with crybabies. Waaaah, doomfist punched me and I died.

Newsflash, dude levels skyscrapers with that thing. You should die, if he fully charges it and pummels you into a wall. It's like....his whole persona. His role is dps. He kills stuff. Just like anything, you will adjust and die less once you've seen him in games enough. Or you will keep getting nailed because you suck. Or you'll just suck it up and realize you ARE going to die in a video game, it's happened since the beginning. Miss Pacman died to ghosts. Was there endless lines of idiots whining that the big mean ghosties came from nowhere and boxed you in before eating you?

This new generation of gamers, pshhhh.

Just play roadhog if you don't like getting one shot by Doomie. Oh wait, he sucks now too because people like you got him nerfed into oblivion.

Honestly, I think Doom needs a small buff, not nerfs.

I've never said anything about Roadhog because even if he could one shot you, the CD was 2 times longer than Doomfist's, he was and still is fat and had no way to escape. Do you see the difference ?

Anyway... I get it ok ? You guys like when it's easy, you like to have an unfair advantage on your opponent, you guys bring a knife to a fist fight and at the end you just say "good fight". I'm done with this community, farewell.
Doomfist has hard counters. You can Dodge his punch, like just taking a second to look around for him. Unless you get short-punched when your back was already to a wall, which even then is survivable and requires doom to follow up to kill you.

Like, it's not that hard. If doomfist misses his punch he leaves, and guess what? That means he's not on point or objective. If he stays and use his abilities, he's dead cause now his escape powers are on cooldown and he can't evade focused fire.
His right click is his bread and butter, so he'd need his other abilities buffed for rocket to be nerfed.
The skill/reward ratio is way off with him. When Widowmaker one shots, you say wow nice shot. When DF does it's just stupid. That ability is way too easy to land to warrant a one-shot kill reward. Nerf the fist and buff his other abilities so he at least has to combo to get a 100% kill--like every other hero in the game. No one likes one-shot kill mechanics. This is why he will be nerfed. Bliz just making him OP to start so people will play him and learn/enjoy his mechanics enough to keep playing him after the nerf.
07/28/2017 10:46 PMPosted by gr33nbits
Doomfist one shot Soldier 76.

And as S:76 I can kill a Doomfist in about 4 seconds.
No nerf required.
I have killed so many DF's with McCree that it isn't even funny.
I guess it will take a while for people who really like him to master it, but as of now, most of his moves are way too telegraphed to be taken by them.

Why would anyone ask for a nerf?? I mean, it's way too early to start whinning about a brand spanking new hero...
07/30/2017 08:17 AMPosted by DnDiceRoller
Doomfist has hard counters. You can Dodge his punch, like just taking a second to look around for him. Unless you get short-punched when your back was already to a wall, which even then is survivable and requires doom to follow up to kill you.

Like, it's not that hard. If doomfist misses his punch he leaves, and guess what? That means he's not on point or objective. If he stays and use his abilities, he's dead cause now his escape powers are on cooldown and he can't evade focused fire.

He only needs to charge that thing up for a second and he can insta kill half the roster. He's very mobile, gains shield after kills, and has plenty of other powerful attacks. I don't understand why he needs to do 250 damage with one attack or why it only has a 4 second cool down. It's not like he's unable to follow through his punches with other attacks. Most other heros that can one shot characters take a good amount of skill to land it which I don't feel the same with Doomfist. I'd be prefectly fine leaving him the way he is so long as his punch doesn't instakill me when I walk around a corner.
07/28/2017 09:42 PMPosted by Warionator
Believe me, I love Doomfist. I only have 29 minutes on him at themoment, but DAM his right-click, or his punch is soooooooooo over-powered. Either drastically decrease the damage for it or increase the cooldown. It's like the problem we had with the hook, it guaranteed kills too often, well except the punch goes through barriers.

He hasn't been live an entire week. For god's sake, give people time to get used to him before wailing for nerfs.
Its the same old yak on these whiny forums with new heroes people dont know how to counter
Well well, didn't expect to wait long before people demanded a Hog-nerf on Doomfist, but this has to be some sort of record.

If this trend continues, all powerful offensive abilities will be gone and every hero will get more armor, shields or health regeneration as compensation.
well pleb's like you destroyed roadhog with constant nerf's the character should be deleted and remade at this point with so many nerf's and now doomfist will get the same treatment, why this game is losing player's constantly.
07/28/2017 10:07 PMPosted by TheSwarmLord
I think he is perfectly fine, except for the 1 second charge to deal insta kill damage. Why is roadhog not allowed to insta kill but every other hero is? All in all though, I think I have killed more doomfists more than they have killed me.

Isn't it because the situation between the two is very different?
Roadhog is a tank who pulled people into his team and was able to one shot most and if he couldn't one shot, the rest of the team could finish the person off. He was also able to one shot not just with his hook combo, but at times when he sweetspotted his right click.
Doomfist is a DPS who charges into the enemy team with his attack, where it one shots if they hit the wall (this can go weird at times as I have seen people slide along a wall instead of actually hitting it). If the doomfist is careless and charges into a team or misses the charge, he will be heavily punished.
08/01/2017 01:15 AMPosted by SpectorXero
07/28/2017 10:07 PMPosted by TheSwarmLord
I think he is perfectly fine, except for the 1 second charge to deal insta kill damage. Why is roadhog not allowed to insta kill but every other hero is? All in all though, I think I have killed more doomfists more than they have killed me.

Isn't it because the situation between the two is very different?
Roadhog is a tank who pulled people into his team and was able to one shot most and if he couldn't one shot, the rest of the team could finish the person off. He was also able to one shot not just with his hook combo, but at times when he sweetspotted his right click.
Doomfist is a DPS who charges into the enemy team with his attack, where it one shots if they hit the wall (this can go weird at times as I have seen people slide along a wall instead of actually hitting it). If the doomfist is careless and charges into a team or misses the charge, he will be heavily punished.

None of that justifies an easy to land one shot kill mechanic. At least make him combo multiple abilities. Or just give him better escape mechanics. Or increase his shielding when he lands the charge. One-shot kill mechanics are toxic. They ought to be rare and difficult to land, which was the case before Doomfist. Reaper is in the same boat you're describing yet he doesn't get a *ranged* one shot kill. It's usually at least 2 shots and even then you have to be right on top of your opponent.
I don't think doom fist needs a nerf, they need a rework.

make his rocket punch weaker BUT make his other abilities stronger.

no point in using your other abilities if you can just slam your enemy into a wall and walk away.