Does anyone actually play CTF

General Discussion
EDIT: So I was not expecting CTF to be this popular... my apologizes...

I honestly doubt that CTF is more popular then total mayhem and no limits, like how does it stay in the arcade EVERY single update?!? Bring back Total Mayhem and No Limits, like why wouldn't there be No Limits when you released a new hero?!?
I think so... I don't know why though it was no fun :/
CTF is the only mode I really play. Never been a fan of Payload modes, why I never got into TF2
I usually don't go into the arcade, but when I do it's for CTF.
It's the only arcade mode I play outside of event modes.
it has flaws but I enjoy it.

Really all that needs to be done to fix it is to add a 3rd flag in the center of each map for draws. if both teams are at 0/0 when the timer runs out, activate sudden death and whoever captures the flag in the middle wins. if it's at 1/1 or 2/2, give the win to whoever captured the flag first.
Believe it or not but CTF kind of has it's own community at this point by that I mean people that exclusively play that mode. Also, it's my favorite mode to play whenever I feel like playing arcade.
I love CTF and also a lot of other people. Its more played than no limits. xD
Yeah it's one of the best mode out there.

Kinda ruined by filthy casuals who think Lucio is enough as solo heal (even though he'll spend most game on speed amp) and that no tanks are needed, but that can be said about any game mode right now.

Also it's less fun when you end up with people who are convinced that camping the flag with 4 defense heroes and leaving Lucio Winston go 2v6 is a viable strategy.

Other than that it's pretty fun.
Wasn't CTF taken down for a bit while Blizzard worked on improving it? Did anything end up changing?
Dunno about you guys, but at least on PS4, 3v3 and 6v6 are the only modes where I can regularly play. All the other modes have queue times of over 5 minutes. Would love to play CTF or Mystery Heroes but I guess no one else wants to.
07/28/2017 04:17 AMPosted by IronSenpai
CTF is the only mode I really play. Never been a fan of Payload modes, why I never got into TF2

but Team fortress has always been about CTF. Like, I mean for literally decades.

Payload has only recently been introduced.
Arguably the worst mode in the game.

However the only non event brawl that I truly enjoy is mystery heroes.
07/28/2017 04:43 AMPosted by HANA
Arguably the worst mode in the game.

You misspelled "best".
07/28/2017 04:41 AMPosted by Crafty

but Team fortress has always been about CTF. Like, I mean for literally decades.

Payload has only recently been introduced.

Maybe it was just bad rng but everytime I played quick play on TF2, I always, and I mean always got payload.
CTF is one of the worst game modes on OW xD hahaha, only a few kids play that.
07/28/2017 04:39 AMPosted by crocodog
Dunno about you guys, but at least on PS4, 3v3 and 6v6 are the only modes where I can regularly play. All the other modes have queue times of over 5 minutes. Would love to play CTF or Mystery Heroes but I guess no one else wants to.

I get matched pretty quickly into CTF.
07/28/2017 04:39 AMPosted by crocodog
What region of the world are you in? I'm on the PS4 in the US, and I can usually get in a CTF match in under a minute.

You do realize that TF2 has CTF and the majority of the fanbase prefer it right?
I like CTF
I was not expecting CTF to be this popular... my apologizes...