Mei and Doomfist: Best Pals

General Discussion
Mei can put a wall anywhere, giving Doomfist a surface to punch someone into.

Frozen enemies are easy targets.

Their ultimates have perfect synergy.

Each creates openings for the other to move in.

They can relate because both spent time in the cooler and came back to a changed world.
Its a nice synergy to see. Kind of hard to pull off, but at the same time it may well boost Mei's pick rates.
07/29/2017 11:01 AMPosted by Evilroy
Its a nice synergy to see. Kind of hard to pull off, but at the same time it may well boost Mei's pick rates.

She deserves it seriously the amount of times she has saved me as Zen or Mercy.
I just got out of a match where I was punched into a friendly Mei's wall, so their friendship spans even opposing teams.
07/29/2017 11:08 AMPosted by Cruce
I just got out of a match where I was punched into a friendly Mei's wall, so their friendship spans even opposing teams.

Well... every time the skill ceiling of a class increases with a synergy there's another opportunity for !@#$ to backfire I guess.
I seriously doubt it will do much. Reinhardt Charge and Mei Ice Wall have been around for ages, but it didn't do much. The challenge is that when mei is grounded and not elevated its very tricky to line up ice wall accurately to do it on the spot. Plus, you have whacky angles to account for as well. Doomfist's extra damage on the fist from people hitting a wall needs to be perpendicular to the wall with a 45 degree angle of approach otherwise people simply slide along it.

Due to the HUGE slideback distance people take (easily about 10 meters or so) its very easy to get the +100 damage + charge on rocket punch in most every situation. Its a weak synergy that is not much better than other characters since everyone loves a frozen target.
I've noticed this synergy also. I played as mei on Nepal, the square small room one, and our doomfist was feasting! I would freeze or wall stuff, he just punched away. It was glorious.
07/29/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Elmindreda
I seriously doubt it will do much. Reinhardt Charge and Mei Ice Wall have been around for ages, but it didn't do much.

Maybe because Rein has a long travel time and Doomfist doesn't? Mmh.
I will love the day Mei/Doomfist/Sombra become the meta.
07/29/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Elmindreda
I seriously doubt it will do much. Reinhardt Charge and Mei Ice Wall have been around for ages, but it didn't do much.

The major difference is, Doomfist's charge is telegraphed, so a friendly Mei can see him winding up. Reinhardt has to announce over voice he's about to charge.