Jeff: it's been over a year. Please give Zen an HP bar.

General Discussion
Highly Rated
I love playing Zen. I love topping the healing charts when I'm not supposed to. I love marking players like an old fashioned Wow hunter. I love keeping that one guy who really wants to play Genji (and nothing else) alive when other healers can't keep up.

I don't like straining my ears to determine if my healing is working over the din of battle.

There have been a lot of quality of life changes over the year. I love them all. However, it boggles my mind that Zen still needs to guess by sound if his friends are alive. I'm not an old guy, but I'm getting older (38). It would really help my enjoyment of the game if I had the same UI as Mercy when playing my favorite healer hero.

Also, if this is a question of it being a Mercy design thing, I question the design. Mercy is always going to be somewhere near her target, so she can glance up and know right away if the person is about to get flanked to death. The bar in her case is almost an extra bit of information. In Zen's case, if my target is around a wall somewhere I have no idea (beyond desperately watching their bar through the wall). I'm actually at a disadvantage because I can't turn my camera away and do other things.

TL'DR: you've done many great things in a year. The UI overall is awesome. Please give Zen the health bar we've been asking for since beta.
Wait do you mean being able to see ally health bars though walls?
Highly Rated
When you heal as Mercy you see the target HP bar right in the middle of your screen NooneSpecial.
So you can look the sky or behind you and still manage heal/dmg boost without worry.

edit: i support this idea.
07/25/2017 05:14 AMPosted by Automne
When you heal as Mercy you see the target HP bar right in the middle of your screen NooneSpecial.
So you can look the sky or behind you and still manage heal/dmg boost without worry.

edit: i support this idea.

Oh oh much clearer now. Thanks. I support this too.
Yes. Please.
Yes.
100% yes please
Absolutely yes.
07/25/2017 05:08 AMPosted by Hornwood
I love topping the healing charts when I'm not supposed to.

Why isn't he supposed to? Zenyatta has the most healing potential. His ultimate heals 600 per second in a small area.. If you use your ultimate well (during Pharah, Reaper, Soldier, Zarya, Genji ultimates) then you should always have gold healing.
All the supports should have this as an interface option tbh.

EDIT: Lucio might prove to be a bit of a problem due to the nature of his AoE healing. A lot of smaller bars in a row maybe?
07/25/2017 05:44 AMPosted by WarGoat

EDIT: Lucio might prove to be a bit of a problem due to the nature of his AoE healing. A lot of smaller bars in a row maybe?

I'm not sure it's as needed, for the same reason as I stated above. If I'm Lucio, I'm near my teammates.

The only other healer I would think could really benefit would be Ana.
This would be so good for a QoL improvement.
This would be amazing. I'd play more zen lol
I can't believe the stupidity of this thread

07/25/2017 05:44 AMPosted by WarGoat

IT ALREADY IS.

Theres literally a setting to turn on allied health bars, and I still see this post from time to time, asking for a health bar for Zen, makes all of us Zen mains look bad :P
07/25/2017 08:29 AMPosted by Orik
Theres literally a setting to turn on allied health bars, and I still see this post from time to time, asking for a health bar for Zen, makes all of us Zen mains look bad :P

I have the bars turned on. In order to use them, I need to be constantly looking at the person I'm healing. I can't turn and face another target, contribute my debuff, etc.

The point of the central bar is that I can multitask like Mercy can.
This is sorely needed. Zen is the only healer besides Mercy that attaches to your teammate. She shows a bar of their health, why doesn't Zen?

As Zen all you have to go by is the healing sound which is hard to hear as is. This would be a huge QOL update for him.
07/25/2017 08:33 AMPosted by Hornwood
07/25/2017 08:29 AMPosted by Orik

I have the bars turned on. In order to use them, I need to be constantly looking at the person I'm healing. I can't turn and face another target, contribute my debuff, etc.

The point of the central bar is that I can multitask like Mercy can.

Your orbs are meant to be where they're needed most, not sitting idle on a single person for too long. If you have to look in a different direction, chances are, the bulk of the fight is happening in the direction you are now looking and someone else now needs that orb more than the person that currently has it.
If it's not, then you're either looking in the wrong direction, or you'll be turning back towards the person with the orb in a matter of seconds.
Every time this thread comes up I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't need this feature. Not saying it's a bad idea, but, honestly, what would you use it for?

Orb of Harmony is a fire-and-forget ability. You toss it on someone in the front lines who's likely to take damage, and then you go to town with Discord and damage, while putting Harmony on people who need it.

If you need to keep track of health, as others have said, you can turn on allied health bars, or even just pay attention to the color of your teammates' silhouettes.

A health bar would honestly do nothing for me but clutter my screen, as a Zen main. I can't control the rate of the Orb's healing. If I see the health bar of my Harmony target start dropping like crazy, they are either getting focused, or they are out of position... neither which Zen can do anything about, except maybe make a callout in voice chat that they need focus heals from Ana or Mercy. But that's something the Ana or Mercy should already see on their own, due to the silhouette colors and/or the critical health icon.

Just my 2 cents.
07/25/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Thanatos
Every time this thread comes up I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't need this feature. Not saying it's a bad idea, but, honestly, what would you use it for?

Orb of Harmony is a fire-and-forget ability. You toss it on someone in the front lines who's likely to take damage, and then you go to town with Discord and damage, while putting Harmony on people who need it.

If you need to keep track of health, as others have said, you can turn on allied health bars, or even just pay attention to the color of your teammates' silhouettes.

A health bar would honestly do nothing for me but clutter my screen, as a Zen main. I can't control the rate of the Orb's healing. If I see the health bar of my Harmony target start dropping like crazy, they are either getting focused, or they are out of position... neither which Zen can do anything about, except maybe make a callout in voice chat that they need focus heals from Ana or Mercy. But that's something the Ana or Mercy should already see on their own, due to the silhouette colors and/or the critical health icon.

Just my 2 cents.

So you must be the one down voting posts in the thread.

You do realize Mercys target HUD can be turned on and off right. Why not have the option for Zen too? If you don't like it, which by your paragraph you don't, which is fine, everyone is entitled you their opinions. Why not at least have the option. No one said mandatory.
I was thinking how nice that would be the other day, hope they consider it.