Seismic Slam?

General Discussion
Can someone explain how it works it don't get it.

Is charge based on distance? Why does it hardly even work when I'm in mid air. Seems very inconsistent feels I'm missing somethig.
Yeah, it does more damage the the longer you're in the air and it knocks people to you. You can combo things with it so like for example slam>uppercut>rocket punch. Use it after uppercut to gain distance/damage or after jumping off something. The more people you hit with it (and with your other abilities) the more shields you'll get from your passive as well.

Hopefully you're noticing the big blue thing on the ground that tells you where to aim it while you're in mid-air too, lol. It's going to take practice to get comfortable with. A lot of the time you're going to be spinning around just before it lands to aim it properly.
Practice in quick play mate, pretty sure you'll get it eventually.
doomfist feels clunky and unpolished his slam hardly every works for me unless im smashing the buttons 1000000 times
It does not work how many people thing, damage is based on how long you stay in the air. I made a post about this while he was still on the PTR. The tips I have for you are, don't jump off a high place and seismic slam directly downwards since you won't deal much damage, and try and make a seismic slam as horizontal as possible.

EDIT: Link to my post with proof that damage is based on how long you stay in the air.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757487431#post-4
If you plan to use it on the ground don't hop beforehand because that will actually do less damage to maximize damage potential use it when jumping off upper floors.
It's inconsistent and not very good. Same issues as PTR.
07/27/2017 12:53 PMPosted by Tucci
Yeah, it does more damage the farther you travel and it knocks people to you. You can combo things with it so like for example slam>uppercut>rocket punch. Use it after uppercut to gain distance/damage or after jumping off something. The more people you hit with it (and with your other abilities) the more shields you'll get from your passive as well.

Hopefully you're noticing the big blue thing on the ground that tells you where to aim it while you're in mid-air too, lol.

Pretty sure it's time in the air. Which should be changed to vertical height, imo
07/27/2017 12:56 PMPosted by EnemyCrab
It does not work how many people thing, damage is based on how long you stay in the air. I made a post about this while he was still on the PTR. The tips I have for you are, don't jump off a high place and seismic slam directly downwards since you won't deal much damage, and try and make a seismic slam as horizontal as possible.

EDIT: Link to my post with proof that damage is based on how long you stay in the air.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757487431#post-4
Thanks.
07/27/2017 12:47 PMPosted by xTGMxINF3RNO
Can someone explain how it works it don't get it.

Is charge based on distance? Why does it hardly even work when I'm in mid air. Seems very inconsistent feels I'm missing somethig.

I'm having the same problem when I use it mid air it just doesn't work sometime but I feel you have to aim down at the ground to get it to work 100%
Pro tip: for max damage, you actually shouldn't jump before activating the ability. Use it from a high ledge without jumping first to get full damage.
Glad I'm not the only one.

I thought based on observations it was done by distance when I used uppercut I can only seem to slam down 30% of the time.

Will keep practicing in a bot game!
Unless you're on the ground or very close to it (like from your own jump height), you have to be able to see the targeting reticle to activate the slam. It's not that it's inconsistent, or you need to spam the key. You just need to see the targeting indicator, which often means look at the spot on the ground you intend to slam *to*. When activated near the ground it just slams forward a short distance. It's easy and consistent, but has slightly different behavior when high enough in the air (and this also applies after an uppercut, probably a major source of the confusion).
07/27/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Dolphin
Yeah, it does more damage the farther you travel and it knocks people to you. You can combo things with it so like for example slam>uppercut>rocket punch. Use it after uppercut to gain distance/damage or after jumping off something. The more people you hit with it (and with your other abilities) the more shields you'll get from your passive as well.

Hopefully you're noticing the big blue thing on the ground that tells you where to aim it while you're in mid-air too, lol.

Pretty sure it's time in the air. Which should be changed to vertical height, imo

It is. Should've worded it better. It also caps at 125. I remember being stuck in a corner on PTR like 2 inches off the ground and it went all the way up to 125 and stayed there, lol.

It is. Should've worded it better. It also caps at 125. I remember being stuck in a corner on PTR like 2 inches off the ground and it went all the way up to 125 and stayed there, lol.

So for max damage use as late as possible before you hit the ground?
No, you need to use it off a high ledge, its interaction when you are in the air leaves you around 86 damage most of the time, unless you 'surf' a wall or roof, and land further way.

There are a few points to get it maxed to 125, but you need to use it from a ledge, not jump and use it.
07/27/2017 01:34 PMPosted by idSurge
No, you need to use it off a high ledge, its interaction when you are in the air leaves you around 86 damage most of the time, unless you 'surf' a wall or roof, and land further way.

There are a few points to get it maxed to 125, but you need to use it from a ledge, not jump and use it.

Ohhhhhhh..right I gotcha