Known Issues List 2017/09/19

Bug Report
Disclaimer: This is not a complete list of all currently tracked issues affecting this build of Overwatch, rather this is a targeted list of some known specific issues with this release.

Notices:
  • Both the Oni Genji and Winged Victory Mercy skins have been disabled during play. If you have these skins equipped, you will appear in-game wearing the default hero skin.

Known Bugs

JUNKERTOWN
  • When the Payload reaches a checkpoint the UI will still show a small distance needing to be covered until it begins moving to the next point
  • Standing on and then attacking the Motorcycle in the first Attacker Spawn Room can cause your camera to move and shake
  • Reinhardt's Earthshatter does not effect targets standing on the moving turbine blade near the final point
  • Doomfist's Seismic Slam targeting UI does not function correctly when aiming at the spinning turbine blade

MERCY AND D.VA

D.Va
  • Micro Missles do not interact with objects in the game world
  • D.Va's mech does not animate when re-entering it
  • Using melee right as you begin Boosting will not cancel the boost
  • Getting hooked by Roadhog while emoting as D.Va can cause your pistol to disappear
  • Mercy
  • Aiming below a fallen teammate's soul globe does not easily target the hero for resurrection
  • The Valkyrie Ultimate form does not benefit from movement increasing abilities
  • No Ultimate charge is refunded if Mercy is killed in the moment she casts Valkyrie
  • The Ultimate icon is not crossed out when hacked by Sombra
  • Swapping weapons during a quick melee can cause your weapon to disappear

DEATHMATCH

General
  • If Symmetra is killed just as she places her Shield Generator, a Teleporter may be placed instead
  • Torbjorn has collision with his own turret
  • You are unable to move yourself into a Spectator slot while in the lobby for a Custom Game of Deathmatch
  • Free for all
  • Symmetra's turrets will target Junkrat's Steel Trap even after it is destroyed, until it despawns
  • Sometimes it is possible for a player backfilling into a game to be slotted into a 9th place
  • Team Deathmatch
  • The round VO at the start incorrectly advises you to "Prepare your defenses"

DOOMFIST

Rocket Punch
  • Using Rocket Punch in the air with high latency can cause the camera to jerk backwards
  • If you have high latency while being killed by a Rocket Punch your body will not appear to ragdoll correctly
  • Rocket Punch's speed and distance are not affected by hero abilities that boost your movement speed
  • If enemies are Rocket Punched into a friendly Mei Cryo-Freeze they will not take the wall impact damage
  • Rocket Punch does not knock back D.va's mech as it is self-destructing
  • Seismic Slam
  • Seismic Slam can get caught and stop short on some terrain
  • Seismic Slam does not interact with destructible items
  • Rising Uppercut
  • Using Uppercut while the enemy is near collision can cause Doomfist to be knocked back
  • Using Rising Uppercut directly after a Seismic Slam can cause Doomfist and the enemy to be knocked away from each other
  • Meteor Strike
  • Meteor Strike does not go under barriers that have a gap available

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Swapping between Live and PTR clients will clear your created Highlights
  • Quickly cancelling a highlight recording before it loads can potentially display the associated map origin in the background
  • When viewing recorded highlights using the in game video player, footage has current video settings applied over video settings at time of recording (causing footage to appear twice as dark or bright)

ADDITIONAL ISSUES

General
  • On Control maps there is only one point capture speed regardless of how many players are on the point
  • Party Leaders do not receive any UI notification that they cannot queue for competitive if a party member is suspended or banned
  • Sending a Friend Request to a player that already sent you one will give you a confusing error message
  • If a player is invited to a game that has all player and spectating slots full, they do not receive an error that they cannot join the game
  • The green arrows indicating you performed above you career average do not display correctly when performing better or worse than your average
  • You are incorrectly told that you are "Leaving Your Game" when you accept a party invite to a group that is already on the same team/game instance as yourself
  • Custom Game Browser
  • The Respawn as Random Hero option can cause Bots to spawn trapped floating in the air
  • The Game Browser does not provide any indication that AI Bots will not function in Elimination and CTF game modes
  • Disabling Primary fire for D.Va turns off the mechs Fusion Cannons, and her Pistol
  • The ammo counter displayed on some hero weapons may not function correctly if the Ammunition Clip Size Scalar is modified
  • Ultimates will re-enable weapons that have their primary fire disabled for the duration of the Ultimate
  • Heroes
  • Ana: Heroes hit by Sleep Dart may have animation issues when hit by other abilities
  • Junkrat's Concussion mine will disappear if thrown into an Cryo-Frozen Mei
  • Mei: Cryo-Freeze does not clear the debuff from Ana's Biotic Grenade
  • Reinhardt's Earthshatter and FIrestrike can be cast in the direction of your camera
  • Zarya: Kill credit is not received when using Graviton Surge to pull players off a ledge to their death
  • Maps
  • On Hollywood Torbjorn can get stuck in the second defenders spawn room if he junps between the wooden planks leaning against the wall
  • Killcam and Highlights from Horizon can play back incorrectly if captured from on top of a hanging tire
  • If you stare too long into the Robot City beneath King's Row a dark cube begins to envelop your vision
Common Problems

"When I start a match sometimes I see a squiggly line graph showing network information..."
  • This is the Net Graph. You can toggle it on and off by pressing "Shift+Ctrl+N" at the same time. It is useful for collecting information on your connection to the game, but totally makes it hard to see what you are shooting at, so I recommend having it off if you don't need it!

"I can only hear sound one one side of my headphones..."
  • Dolby Atmos is designed for use stereo headphones, but some modern headsets attempt to simulate surround using their own software which can result in various conflicting behaviors. Try disabling supplementary audio software utilities, and if that does not resolve the issue create a new thread in the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines.

"Mei's left click causes a crash in-game and in kill cams..."
  • The particle effect emitted can cause issues on certain graphics cards if they are not using the most up-to-date drivers. Try updating your drivers to the latest version, and if the issue persists start a new thread on the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines.

"Upon trying to connect to a match, I get stuck loading for a long period of time and I am sent back the the lobby before I get in to the match..."
  • Substantially slow load times can prevent you from successfully entering a game. Try closing back ground applications, ensuring that your anti-virus software is up-to-date, and that there are no issues with your hard drive. If the problem persists, start a new thread on the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines.

"I am experiencing unnaturally high amounts of latency..."
  • This can be caused for a number of different reasons, some of which have already been documented on the Tech Support Forum. Please be sure to read the stickied posts in the Tech Support Forum for possible workarounds. If none of the proposed solutions work for you, create a new thread in the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines.

"When I start a match sometimes people and weapons are invisible."
  • It is possible for a player to load into the game before some assets have been fully loaded.