What is bastion good for

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
He should be able to lay a horizontal track that allows him to move short distances left and right. He couldn't move forward or backwards until he was out of turret mode.
They just need to give him is shield back and when he ults he gets an armor boost. That's all.
suprisingly for FFA mode, just got 2nd place with him recently and almost without turret or tank mode
for throwing when you dont have any healer
Bump. Blizzard please fix Bastion.
bastion has a nice surprise factor niche, but once they know he is there, easy to bypass.
08/14/2017 12:23 PMPosted by Doombunny
recon mode - low-rent soldier 76, counters a lot of the same heroes he does (pharah, tracer, genji) as long as you have good mechanical skills. High survivability with self-repair.

Turret mode - Tank and barrier buster. Provides suppressive and cover fire. eats a charging rein, jumping winston, or doomfist with ease.

Tank mode (ultimate) - not so hot, but if DvA is out of her mech you can scatter the enemy team. He's awfully fragile as a tank tho.

tl:dr - bastion is a versatile hero but doesn't really have cool abilities because of said versatility.

You forgot how tank mode has rocket jumping. Watch how someone like Kolorblind plays bastion and you'll be amazed. I've been playing him quite a bit recently and no one respects him anymore. Plenty of Junkrats are around but they can't aim really...so just go recon and kill him.

I've also learned that I aim better with Bastion than 76...I find it odd....
09/15/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Honchkrow
08/14/2017 12:23 PMPosted by Doombunny
recon mode - low-rent soldier 76, counters a lot of the same heroes he does (pharah, tracer, genji) as long as you have good mechanical skills. High survivability with self-repair.

Turret mode - Tank and barrier buster. Provides suppressive and cover fire. eats a charging rein, jumping winston, or doomfist with ease.

Tank mode (ultimate) - not so hot, but if DvA is out of her mech you can scatter the enemy team. He's awfully fragile as a tank tho.

tl:dr - bastion is a versatile hero but doesn't really have cool abilities because of said versatility.

You forgot how tank mode has rocket jumping. Watch how someone like Kolorblind plays bastion and you'll be amazed. I've been playing him quite a bit recently and no one respects him anymore. Plenty of Junkrats are around but they can't aim really...so just go recon and kill him.

I've also learned that I aim better with Bastion than 76...I find it odd....

Its b.c the hero itself is sound but they've nerfed him to !@#$.
I believe in the comics Torb has teamed up with him or something, so he has canonical impetus for a rework by Torbjorn, making him faster or something.
Is there anyway we can get this up to a dev. or Jeff himself?? Bastion needs serious looking into. I feel with D.va's DM nerf he'll be a little better but Pulse Bomb is just annoying. Going into tank config. should negate it at the least, I mean I'd be willing to use ult to survive longer and maybe get a few picks. Anyone else?
09/10/2017 03:31 PMPosted by HeavyArms195
Bump.

Give back beta shield. Give back HS. Give back non-insta spread. Take away Iron-clad. Decrease mobility.

That's my take.
how would you decrease mobility? Recon is already the base speed in Overwatch and in sentry he is literally the opposite of mobility.
09/13/2017 02:38 PMPosted by HeavyArms195
He should be able to lay a horizontal track that allows him to move short distances left and right. He couldn't move forward or backwards until he was out of turret mode.
what I think would be cool if sentry were basically tankmode but with a minigun and it only moved at 50% speed (I think that's 2.5 meters per second.)
Only time I'll swap to Bastion is when they run Orisa + Rein.
I have found that Bastion + Orisa on some control point maps and capture point maps are very hard to counter as the shield keeps him alive and orisa helps him maintain line of sight on the enemy. I have also seen him used in a kamikaze role to kill a bunkered orisa that was using two was and her shield to be almost unkillable. he has uses but it is very niche although with the D.Va nerf it might go up as his damage will be harder to block due to some bastion strats bint very hard to counter in lower levels with out 4 sec of DM
Bastion formerly filled the role of long-range high DPS hitscan, contrasted with Widowmaker who is long-range burst-damage hitscan. That was the only truly unique thing about his kit that set him apart from other heroes, and provided an accessible direct counter to Pharah.

His old role from beta as durable stationary DPS with a shield is now filled by Orisa in an objectively better way. Making Bastion tanky didn't work, and definitely will not work when we already have Bastion re-imagined as a full-fledged tank in Orisa.

The only way to make Bastion viable without a complete massive overhaul is to re-focus the hero on his original purpose from game launch: extreme damage output at all ranges. Bastion does not need extra durability for his turret mode, he needs the turret gun to deal enough damage to offset the huge risk of being immobile. New recon mode + old sentry + old tank = perfect Bastion.
09/02/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Kyokkai
He needs far too much support.

Basically if you Bastion one trick, you are being useless for most of your matches unless your team supports you.

It's a huge problem cause he only shines when your team plays around you and understandably people don't always want to play around bastion and spend the match shielding and healing him.

The problem is his distinguishing feature is massive damage.... you remove too many weaknesses and suddenly he's ridiculous.

Pffft Bastion is not useless, and because people like you portray him as !@#$ty without a team, people immediately throw shade at the Bastion if something isn't working. No one ever gives a thought to the Pharah or Mcree that aren't doing %^-*, and just hate on the off-meta hero.
09/02/2017 11:31 AMPosted by HeavyArms195
Bump...Please Blizzard fix Bastion.

Don't worry, when the Matrix nerf will be live, Bastion will be viable again, but Mei will become unfortunally the less picked hero