Friday afternoons are the worst.

Competitive Discussion
Original thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758537286

------------------------------------------
Okay, Blizz, I'll clarify what I meant with the previous thread. How dare you assume I'm stupid for posting this here and not in General.
------------------------------------------

Playing comp on Friday afternoon only causes you to go down in SR due to the people playing all DPS and not work together in a larger capacity. The people playing COMPETITIVE games start not caring about their team comp and just want to "PEW PEW". This does happen in arcade and QP as well but that doesn't effect SR. I can try to flex only to have no one back me up or switch to tank for the team. Their quality of aim drops by a substantial margin during this time making it impossible to secure kills.

Hense, - Friday Afternoons as the worst time to play comp.

Was that specific enough for you?
Thanks for the clarification. It wouldn't be out of place to see a post like this go up not talking about competitive. Carry on.
Metsik! Stop giving the new guy a hard time!

Anyway, yeah. Certain times do seem worse to play than others. Friday is especially bad for me but for different reasons. It is largely because my games get filled with people who have had a bit too much [root]beer to drink and it makes them aim poorly as a result of having a bit too much [root]beer.
I mean, they are fun games because my teammates end up being the least toxic people on earth(due in small part to the [root]beer) but they rarely result in a win.
08/11/2017 02:44 PMPosted by Ithuriel
Metsik! Stop giving the new guy a hard time!

Anyway, yeah. Certain times do seem worse to play than others. Friday is especially bad for me but for different reasons. It is largely because my games get filled with people who have had a bit too much [root]beer to drink and it makes them aim poorly as a result of having a bit too much [root]beer.
I mean, they are fun games because my teammates end up being the least toxic people on earth(due in small part to the [root]beer) but they rarely result in a win.

I appreciate and enjoy the interaction!

I know it can be rough moderating as well as interacting with a forum, as I do some work for a retail chain. I, personally, would have just moved the topic to general and not given it a response if it was stand alone. The topic actually had a comment, before moderation, that pushed the topic to the direction it was meant to go (competitively focused discussion).

The topic was left intentionally vague to encourage opinion. Razor focused topics, more often then not, lean themselves to less discussion or getting overlooked entirely; Emotionally charged or vague topics get more interest and responses, in general. There can be little room for personal interpretation in those types of threads.

I hope the new guy stays around and interacts with us some more. They seem pretty chill.

------------------------------

Back to your actual comment - I'd love to play with more open or even hammered teammates then just the weekend-er crowds that I get matched into on friday afternoons. At least the games would be fun and cooperative. Dead silence, Insults, AND poor aim.

I'll pass, thanks. :D
friday night only means more drunk/high people

but this actually happened all through summer cuz school is out.... and frankly im sick of it

people just didnt give a !@#$ and expect other people to play around/baby sit them in a game that forces tanks and supports

no thx.......rather just not play.

this is probably the first OW event that im just going to sit out straight, not gonna even bother grinding it let alone spending anything...people not caring is starting to make me not care also
hes right you know...

dropped 200 sr today and trying to fill in
08/11/2017 02:26 PMPosted by Blizzard
Thanks for the clarification. It wouldn't be out of place to see a post like this go up not talking about competitive. Carry on.

Please don't listen to him and consider taking these down more. We don't need these same spam complaint threads that although mention competitive, don't belong here as they usually don't provide anything useful, any actual discussion, etc.

If I gained a dollar for every complaint spam post that didn't belong here and lost a dollar for every thoughtful suggestion and discussion post I'd rival Bill Gates..
08/11/2017 04:38 PMPosted by combofied
08/11/2017 02:26 PMPosted by Blizzard

Please don't listen to him and consider taking these down more. We don't need these same spam complaint threads that although mention competitive, don't belong here as they usually don't provide anything useful, any actual discussion, etc.

If I gained a dollar for every complaint spam post that didn't belong here and lost a dollar for every thoughtful suggestion and discussion post I'd rival Bill Gates..

Eh, this thread is fairly decent compared to the usual garbage floating on these forums. If all threads were as laid back as this one, I wouldn't actually mind the lack of serious competitive discussion. Not that we can't have both mind you.
08/11/2017 04:45 PMPosted by Ithuriel
08/11/2017 04:38 PMPosted by combofied

Eh, this thread is fairly decent compared to the usual garbage floating on these forums. If all threads were as laid back as this one, I wouldn't actually mind the lack of serious competitive discussion. Not that we can't have both mind you.

No, this is the same quality as all the other garbage that floats around here. It's always one person, usually a lower rank, ranting about their bad comp experience and how they can't carry their teamates 1v6 and how they suck, trolls, leavers, etc, and when you actually look into these claims you find out they are full of !@#$ and is just the OP bull%^-*ting themselves so they feel better about losing so much.