I quit Overwatch until Roadhog is restored

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
I used to main Roadhog playing at least 3+ hours a day with the aspirations of reaching masterts+ as I did with StarCraft 2. Ever since the Roadhog nerf, I have pretty much lost my interest in Overwatch. Completely reworking the role of one of the most played heros in the game this late into the games development was completely asinine on Blizzards part. All they had to do was nerf damage to 95% or 90% and/or decrease hook range by 90%.

Roadhog is completely absent in all competitive games at all levels. The upcoming defense buff won't invite Roadhog mains to pick him up again as it changes his role to a useless tank that is slightly harder to kill.

As it stands now, there is no reason for anyone at any level to opt for Roadhog and as far as I am concerned, unless Roadhog is restored with more subtle nerfs, Roadhog as we know it it is extinct.

And I quit Overwatch.
Highly Rated
Don't deny me this embrace
If you quit overwatch, i would tell you what game you should go to but i think that against the rules and i really shouldn't being saying a franchises word, but..
Titanfall 2?
08/01/2017 08:26 PMPosted by Maximuffin2
Don't deny me this embrace

Who's a loyal Roadhog to drink to these days?
Highly Rated
#HooksOutForRoadhog
See you later StreetPork. #SaveHog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjLMq0P8uyY

Hook combo: Nerfed
Unhooked PrimaryFire: Nerfed
Unhooked Secondary: Nerfed
Hook cooldown timer: Nerfed
Distance enemies are hooked to: Nerfed

Good luck having a broken hook combo, with a large cooldown.

A secondary fire with very specific ranges, with the size of those ranges cut in half.

With the time you need an enemy in your crosshairs doubled.

And try to aim these, tiny shots, twice as often, with 2/3rds the time to aim between shots.

All while expecting the enemy to stand in those very tiny specific ranges, twice as long. (Which is not going to happen).

I'm hopeful for some buffs, but all they listed so far, is making Roadhog into a longer lasting harmless Ult battery.
I read OP's name as CatheterKisser
Seems like you played overwatch not because you liked the game, but because you liked a character. Thats your problem right there.
08/01/2017 08:32 PMPosted by BobRoss
Seems like you played overwatch not because you liked the game, but because you liked a character. Thats your problem right there.

^

Good, go we dont need any more one-tricks anyway.
08/01/2017 08:33 PMPosted by ThatOneOwl
08/01/2017 08:32 PMPosted by BobRoss

^

Good, go we dont need any more one-tricks anyway.

Since when was there something wrong with having a character preference?
08/01/2017 08:21 PMPosted by Catharsis
And I quit Overwatch.

I feel you man. I have mentioned this in a previous post but the changes are a hard pill to swallow. To fundamentally change a character to this degree is extreme. It's extra difficult for players like yourself that dedicated a lot of time and practice only for it to be thrown out the window one day.

My only suggestion is give yourself time. If you can't get back into it, that's fair. I am in the same boat.
Well......

Bye.
Listen buddy, I know it's hard to believe, but Hog is still usable. Sure, you can't pull a BS flank and hook their Mercy for an easy kill anymore, but that's not what Roadhog was about. Roadhog was about the Hook. You grab someone, you pull them up close, you shoot them. If they don't die, how long do you think it'll take your team's 76 or Tracer or Genji to pounce on a free kill? And his hook-pitfall combo is still golden.

Rather than give up hope, adapt.
Same goes to me. I quit, but returned to play Reaper a.k.a. "The new hog"
Yeah. I'm not thrilled with his changes or the direction they are taking him in. He's just going to be annoying like d.va. Maybe that's the direction they want all tanks to go.
08/01/2017 08:52 PMPosted by Matthew
Listen buddy, I know it's hard to believe, but Hog is still usable. Sure, you can't pull a BS flank and hook their Mercy for an easy kill anymore, but that's not what Roadhog was about. Roadhog was about the Hook. You grab someone, you pull them up close, you shoot them. If they don't die, how long do you think it'll take your team's 76 or Tracer or Genji to pounce on a free kill? And his hook-pitfall combo is still golden.

Yeah those GMs just need to adapt to a worthless hero who needs his team as a crutch to do anything. That explains his abysmal win-rate for sure.
how do you think me as a widow main must feel when she got nerfed in season 1!
they are at least looking into fixing you!
Bye, dude.
08/01/2017 08:52 PMPosted by Matthew

If people haven't adapted now, they never will
08/01/2017 08:54 PMPosted by Skyeron
Bye, dude.