Roadhog mains are impossible

General Discussion
Bring back Hog so he can punish DF hard.

- Hog never had an OHK on a 4 sec CD. No way
- Hog was never jumping to you across the map
- Hog was possible to track and predict.

This bs Doomfist is what makes me think devs team weren't in sane mind when they released it. Really. I didn't see any worse change for the game so far.
u are correct that it's very difficult to sway someone from a logic they deem to be correct
08/10/2017 02:25 PMPosted by MetaVolca
08/10/2017 02:17 PMPosted by turtlebomb
The fact is is you give him his damage back you just make him a better Reaper, and that can't happen.

They could, I don't know, revert the gun changes entirely, so he's a slow shooter, and then make it that only 200 HP heroes can be oneshot?

But that would be the smart thing to do. Which means Blizzard thinks its wrong
reverting his gun lets him one shot Reaper though
08/10/2017 02:25 PMPosted by Angel
Bring back Hog so he can punish DF hard.

- Hog never had an OHK on a 4 sec CD. No way
- Hog was never jumping to you across the map
- Hog was possible to track and predict.

This bs Doomfist is what makes me think devs team weren't in sane mind when they released it. Really. I didn't see any worse change for the game so far.

To be fair, he currently punishes DF really, really hard. Even in his nerfed state.

DF just can't run away from hog fast enough, and his hitbox is too big to dodge the 2nd shot after the hook.

Also, Hog is beefy enough that DF can't kill him without some liberal M1 usage after blowing ALL of his CDs. Meanwhile all Hog needs to do is double-tap DF's huge hitbox with his own M1.

It's not a fair fight, and DF is not the favorite to win the matchup. If Hog lands his hook DF just gets shut down, and if he hooks him during his rocket punch charge-up the ability goes on CD because of the stun. The hook can also interrupt DF mid punch. Again, because of the stun.
"Hog needs his 1HKO for healers"

Really? Is Genji Tracer, Pharah and Winston not enough harassment for the healers? They are all extremely capable of getting behind enemy lines and harassing healers enough. I get enough trouble as it is I don't want to be dragged away from my team in an impossible to get away scenario when I am pretty much already dead from trying to fight off/run away from the other people I just mentioned

I know the other argument is for Genji, but if you wait for reflect to be used, hook him you stop him momentarily for the rest of your team to get a wack at him. What his nerfs did was made him more of a team player. His hook still can drag people in and the rest of the team can pounce on them as Hog goes in for the kill. I don't think that'd be too hard to coordinate, just call out "Hooking [insert character here]" and have your soldier or someone get ready to back you up.
08/10/2017 01:52 PMPosted by SUPERTKAYESS
you have known for Weeks now that this was coming. they are never gonna give his OHKO back. at least give the buff a chance. jesus

Totally agree. Roadhog mains are a bunch of whinners.
Give them a chance? Really?

How many times are we supposed to give Blizzard chances? That's like a textbook case of an abusive relationship.
08/10/2017 02:29 PMPosted by HappyFeet
08/10/2017 02:25 PMPosted by MetaVolca
They could, I don't know, revert the gun changes entirely, so he's a slow shooter, and then make it that only 200 HP heroes can be oneshot?

But that would be the smart thing to do. Which means Blizzard thinks its wrong
reverting his gun lets him one shot Reaper though

Oh my God

can you not read past the first line?
08/10/2017 02:34 PMPosted by MetaVolca
08/10/2017 02:29 PMPosted by HappyFeet
...reverting his gun lets him one shot Reaper though

Oh my God

can you not read past the first line?
I was just making sure you were aware, given how forgetful some of you are about his prior capabilities
See, here is the way I see it.

Yes, overall he has gained a net nerf with all the changes they have put in since launch. But it doesn't necessarily make him impossible to play. It just raises his skill ceiling and requires him to work with his team.

Personally, I don't think he needs his OHK. If he does, then the people he hooks need to have some chance of getting out without the help of their team because that is how all other OHK in this game works. The most notable ones are sniper headshots, but with all the mobile heroes in the game, that's easier said than done. Hanzos are lucky if they land a third of their shots, or even a quarter. And body shots won't be enough for them to land that juicy OHK. And for Hanzo specifically, his scatter is inconsistent enough to where it is not a guaranteed OHK each time he pulls out. Even if he gets a hit marker, it doesn't mean his target died. They can still survive it. The old Roadhog, on the other hand, land their hook more than half the time on a regular basis and only need to aim for center mass to get a kill.

I have been on both sides of the hook. I've played Hog, and I have also been hooked by Hog. Whenever I have been hooked, especially with old Hog, it felt like I had no chance to get away. If I was hooked, then I may as well just accept death because if his shot doesn't kill me, all it took was a quick melee to finish me off. And even as the person playing Roadhog and hooking people, there were times where I just felt like a jerk. I felt like there were times when I hooked an Ana or a Lucio that they should have been able to survive it. I just think that healers have enough to worry about as is, with all the Tracers, Genjis and Winstons jumping on them. They don't need another hero to be able to kill them without even trying.

All these changes do is require Hogs to work with their team. If their first shot from the scrap gun after the hook is not enough to kill them, then they should be with the rest of their team, behind their main tank, and their DPS can easily pounce on the hero they hooked. If nothing else, just call out who you plan on hooking. I understand that it may be difficult to call out who you hooked as you are hooking them due to the small window of time that leaves. So calling out who you plan to hook before you throw it out would give your team time to set up to pounce. Even something as general as "Hey, I plan on hooking one of their healers" (healers can also be subbed out for DPS or tank). That would be enough to tell them hey, get ready because someone is about to be pulled into us.
Not a Hog main.

Roadhog was destroyed because of Doomfist. It's plain as day. His adjustments prior to Doomfist were sensible bug fixes and slight CD/spread tweaks.

He can't have the same gimmick as the character whose release has been anticipated for months.

The problem is, he now has no role whatsoever. He is quite literally an ult battery and the hook combo is an RNG fiesta.

If he had some means to:
block damage like other tanks or
attack while healing or
slow down or DoT people he's hooked

he'd be decent.
08/10/2017 01:59 PMPosted by HappyFeet
Thought they would have seen the logic that he's going to serve no purpose of this describes him:

Bad at killing
Bad at shielding
Not a healer
Gigantic Ult battery

No. If rather not have bad changes gain permanence.

Harder to get something moving again if it's come to a complete stop.
"Eat your broccoli."

"No I hate it."

"You might like it, give it a try"

"No I don't need to try it to know I hate it"

Give it a chance, criminy.

ah yes, the same guy with terrible logic and no understanding of the game who was over in the Hog mega-thread cheering the Hog nerfs now siding with a QoL change as some massive improvement.
You say sh!t like this under the assumption that we're all just whining to have pre-nerf hog back. We understand that they don't want him back in a borderline tankbuster state, we're not asking for that. We're asking for some of that damage back, maybe 10% tops so he can do his god damned job again and be able to pick off cocky flankers and poorly positioned supports so that he can actually f*cking contribute something to a team composition again.
..."Eat your broccoli."

"No I hate it."

"You might like it, give it a try"

"No I don't need to try it to know I hate it"

Give it a chance, criminy.

ah yes, the same guy with terrible logic and no understanding of the game who was over in the Hog mega-thread cheering the Hog nerfs now siding with a QoL change as some massive improvement.
Its not that I don't like hog. I do like him. I just don't like people like you.

I've been saying he needs more buffs. I've been coming up with ideas, like making him block LoS, or charge 50% less enemy ult. Don't say I hate him. I don't.

And I'm aware this isn't a major fix, but it's a fix to one of his weaknesses. It's a start.

It took them months to fix Sym.
08/10/2017 02:48 PMPosted by BaboonSlayer
You say sh!t like this under the assumption that we're all just whining to have pre-nerf hog back. We understand that they don't want him back in a borderline tankbuster state, we're not asking for that. We're asking for some of that damage back, maybe 10% tops so he can do his god damned job again and be able to pick off cocky flankers and poorly positioned supports so that he can actually f*cking contribute something to a team composition again.

okay, i can agree here
I'm going to give this buff a shot.

It sounded really powerful as a defensive ability when they first mentioned it, now I'm extremely curious how much tougher it actually makes the Hog.

Plus it takes away some of the weight that comes from being an ult battery so that's a step in the right direction.
08/10/2017 01:57 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
you have known for Weeks now that this was coming. they are never gonna give his OHKO back.

Thought they would have seen the logic that he's going to serve no purpose of this describes him:

Bad at killing
Bad at shielding
Not a healer
Gigantic Ult battery

at least give the buff a chance. jesus

No. I'd rather not have bad changes gain permanence.

Harder to get something moving again if it's come to a complete stop.

Why is he bad at killing?
Why is he bad at shielding with such a buff?

Honestly you just want your OHKO back and won't be satisfied with everything else.
No, Roadhog doesn't need his absurd burst damage back (his DPS is barely changed). I don't understand what's so hard about playing around your !@#$ing team. It really doesn't take much, hell if a Winston zaps any 200HP hero that you hook, that hero is still dead. If you hook a healer, all anyone else on your team has to do is sneeze on them in addition to your damage and they will still die. And all this is assuming that you hook them from full health. If they're missing even 10-20% of their total health, they will still die.

And yet all I get is downvotes with nobody bothering to actually make an argument why any of this is wrong. I think Hog's upcoming buffs are exactly what he needs to be viable. I applaud them because he needed something but his absurd solo carry potential had to go. Overwatch is, after all, a team game. And if you bother to play with your team at all, your hook will still get kills.

Again, prove me wrong.

And before you go pointing to his pickrate or winrate, save it. His winrate is trash because people are still trying to play him as a solo carry flanker. His pickrate is trash because people perceive him as bad.
08/10/2017 03:02 PMPosted by sca

Why is he bad at killing?
Why is he bad at shielding with such a buff?

Honestly you just want your OHKO back and won't be satisfied with everything else.

Because his hook combo is weak with a large timer, and his unhooked shotgun is horrible.

I'm one of those less common Roadhogs that would be fine with:

Current Left Click
Old Right Click
6 second hook timer

Would also be nice to hook enemies to 2.5m from Roadhog instead of 3.5m, so the hook combo isn't so random.

____

As for shielding, he doesn't block ultimates (I.e. Dva bomb), he doesn't provide transparent sightlines for friendlies to shoot through, the size of his shielding is small, but the biggest issue is that he'd be rapidly charging enemy ultimates like crazy.

Donating 900 or more HP to the enemy team per life is an extreme liability for your team.