Community Thoughts a Feelings on Hogs new PTR buffs

General Discussion
I'm curious to know the thoughts here from Hog Mains ....is this a step in the right direction or the opposite. ..
Upvote for Right direction
Downvote for opposite.
Bad at killing
Bad at shielding
Not a healer
Giant ultimate battery

Roadhog serves no purpose.

He's just a liability and a waste of space.
I'll give my genuine opinion on the buff once I can actually launch PTR.

I'm behind on my PTR updates so it's going to be a doozy trying to actually load this sucker up.
Wow I can take 50% less damage for 2 seconds

Too bad anyone with half a brain will stop shooting Hog while he heals and then kill him, or just keep shooting him if they surround him.
Well I haven't played against him too much but when I did it felt like he was a little bit less of a target to flankers. I almost think that a decent hog will be able to counter Dive now.
08/10/2017 03:06 PMPosted by MetaVolca
Wow I can take 50% less damage for 2 seconds

Too bad anyone with half a brain will stop shooting Hog while he heals and then kill him, or just keep shooting him if they surround him.
But if they're not shooting you... you get to heal with no problem? While moving?
"While surrounded"

Stop flankhoggimg lol
While Roadhog definitely needs more/different buffs, reverting him to his previous state will make him replace reaper again because old Roadhog and reaper were so similar.
I feel like it won't do anything. What's the point of damage reduction when healing? Like - he is supposed to do it under enemy fire to feed their ults even more than he does it now? And what is it about healing and moving? He hooks and then flees in fear? Yes, that's what we need from hero. Doing nothing better than other options offered by other heroes.. sure.
Not sure it matters.

Even if the buff was fantastic (not saying it is), everyone's so salty they'd complain anyway. Damage is done; bias wins.

Downvote, thanks.
I don't even know what Blizzard is trying to do anymore, his healing wasn't part of the problem so why even bother changing it... and let's be honest, 50% dmg reduction for 2 seconds isn't that great either when you think about it.

NO ONE (unless you're pretty bad) heals in the line of fire as Roadhog I really don't see WHY they thought this would fix the problem, I really feel like this is some cheap attempt of making him "Tanky" because now he can move and block SOME damage but then what? A good team focuses you and you're dead before you even get the chance to do something game changing.

If they want to make him viable again then they need to look into his gun and hook, NOT his healing, NOT his ultimate, etc...

I'm really REALLY dissapointed in how Blizzard is approaching his balancing...
It's something but I'm not impressed, doesn't change the fact he's an ult battery that cant protect his team and isn't a threat anymore

Being a giant ult battery was a pretty good balance for his huge damage IMO
08/10/2017 03:08 PMPosted by Vaxillian
Well I haven't played against him too much but when I did it felt like he was a little bit less of a target to flankers. I almost think that a decent hog will be able to counter Dive now.

people are disliking actual feedback smh
08/10/2017 03:11 PMPosted by Angel
I feel like it won't do anything. What's the point of damage reduction when healing? Like - he is supposed to do it under enemy fire to feed their ults even more than he does it now? And what is it about healing and moving? He hooks and then flees in fear? Yes, that's what we need from hero. Doing nothing better than other options offered by other heroes.. sure.
What a bizarre question.

Damage reduction while healing = your healing not being outdamaged

Like an Orisa popping fortify in a pinch and getting healed
08/10/2017 03:08 PMPosted by Vaxillian

Please elaborate how he's "less" of a target to flankers. He's not faster or anything so its still a fat body you're shooting.

And how can he counter dive more now ?
I don't even know what is worse: how bad this change is, or the fact that there were like 2k of posts of feedback about how bad this change is and they ignored it.
Screw it, im playing tracer and orisa now.
08/10/2017 03:09 PMPosted by PumpkinKing
While Roadhog definitely needs more/different buffs, reverting him to his previous state will make him replace reaper again because old Roadhog and reaper were so similar.

actually, roadhog feel much more closer to reaper right now. back in old hog, he was able to deal huge burst damage, but it was sporadic, his lack of range (he have only two small effective range) and his very slow rate of fire make him unable to deal consistent damage. ha had pretty much one chance, and after that (if the target was smart anought to stay at mid range) his damage downgraded significantly.

reaper was, and is always, able to deal consistant strong damage. he dealt less damage than roadhog in one burst, but he was able to maintain his damage in the long run, his fire rate were much faster.

now, reaper is back because his buff make him able to actually survive. but hog have no damage. he deal now a burst of average damage, then pretty much nothing, while old hog was able to deal a massive burst, then low. he was working because people feared (rightfully) his mighty burst, but knowed that they could take him down once it was over. now nobody fear his burst, because it's not threatening anymore. the only was to deal damage now... it's to act like reaper, and spam your shot. he is closer to reaper than ever before. but he loose his usefullness in the process.
It's a super super super minuscule step in a more defensive direction (which I personally think is he right one), it's too small and Blizzard better add more to it in this PTR.
08/10/2017 03:25 PMPosted by Shnobz
I don't even know what is worse: how bad this change is, or the fact that there were like 2k of posts of feedback about how bad this change is and they ignored it.
2k is a drop in the bucket of like 10-25million players