If Doomfist should survive Roadhog hooks...

General Discussion
If Hog was nerfed to make sure Doomfist is viable, then the current hog nerf isn't effective. Hog still nearly instantly kills Doomfist.

So why not make it so Doomfist survives hooks better, then you can buff Hog back to being viable again.

Here's a few fix ideas for that:

1. Hook Doomfist by the gauntlet, and place Doomfist 1 extra gauntlet distance away from Roadhog after getting hooked.

2. Hook Doomfist by the gauntlet, getting reeled in causes the Gauntlet to charge power, the gauntlet stuns Roadhog for 0.15 seconds and knocks hog back a bit.

Something like that would allow Roadhog to be properly buffed back to viability.
What the heck does this have to do with hog's viability

He handily counters Doomfist already
I'm sorry is this a !@#$post?

oh good lord HappyFeet is here, here it comes.

ᴵᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉⁿ'ᵗ ᵃʷᵃʳᵉ ᴳʳᵉʸᶠᵃˡᶜᵒⁿ ᵇᵉˡᶦᵉᵛᵉˢ ᵐᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᴴᵃᵖᵖʸᶠᵉᵉᵗ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵃᵐᵉ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿ
What the !@#$ does this have to do with hog's viability

That's the point. If Hog was nerfed to make sure Doomfist is viable, then the current hog nerf isn't effective. Hog still nearly instantly kills Doomfist.

So why not make it so Doomfist survives hooks better, then you can buff Hog back to being viable again.
you 3 are everywhere and it makes me think you guys are friends and are punking the entire forum
08/07/2017 01:47 PMPosted by DerpyJimmy
you 3 are everywhere and it makes me think you guys are friends and are punking the entire forums
Nah, I'm just bored as !@#$ so I come here, I have fun %^-*posting here.
A fair warning: One of the moderators will delete this thread from existence, even if the information you provide is constructive, so be prepared for the worst.
08/07/2017 01:47 PMPosted by DerpyJimmy
you 3 are everywhere and it makes me think you guys are friends and are punking the entire forums
If only

08/07/2017 01:46 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
What the !@#$ does this have to do with hog's viability

That's the point. If Hog was nerfed to make sure Doomfist is viable, then the current hog nerf isn't effective. Hog still nearly instantly kills Doomfist.

They're.. already working on that?

And Doomfist already has counters aside from hog?

This doesn't make any sense
08/07/2017 01:49 PMPosted by HappyFeet
They're.. already working on that?
And Doomfist already has counters aside from hog?
This doesn't make any sense

I'm pretty much taking it as a given that Roadhog was nerfed to make way for Doomfist (And Reaper) to be more viable.

As such, the roadblock to buffing Roadhog back to viability is making sure Doomfist and Reaper aren't heavily countered by Roadhog.

Also what they are working on sounded like a joke. Hog would just be a bad shield that provides no value to his team, and charges ultimates really fast.
I mean he also completely outclassed reaper, but sure let's blame doomfist.
08/07/2017 02:18 PMPosted by turtlebomb

That's an easy fix. Just allow Reaper to go Wraith form when hooked.

Roadhog without a hook is easy prey for New Reaper.
08/07/2017 02:30 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
08/07/2017 02:18 PMPosted by turtlebomb

That's an easy fix. Just allow Reaper to go Wraith form when hooked.

Roadhog without a hook is easy prey for New Reaper.
no because he'd still get blown to kingdom come coming out of wraith
Mods, i've heard you will delete this thread. please hurry
08/07/2017 02:33 PMPosted by HappyFeet

You must not play much Reaper then.

Even before the Reaper upgrade, Reaper had the advantage against a hog without his hook.

Now Reaper would wreck him completely.
If you give too much damage back to Hog, Reaper and Doomfist will be trash. And the majority of the cast will be one shot again. Even now, you can almost oneshot a Doomfist as Hog.
08/07/2017 02:36 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
08/07/2017 02:33 PMPosted by HappyFeet

You must not play much Reaper then.

Even before the Reaper upgrade, Reaper had the advantage against a hog without his hook.

Now Reaper would wreck him completely.
bulldonkey

There's a reason everyone said Hog replaced Reaper

Because Reaper in his most effective range was one shot by hog[code][/code]
08/07/2017 02:36 PMPosted by FrostyDog
If you give too much damage back to Hog, Reaper and Doomfist will be trash. And the majority of the cast will be one shot again. Even now, you can almost oneshot a Doomfist as Hog.

I don't disagree.

The purpose of what I'm suggesting allows Doomfist and Reaper to not fear much from getting hooked if they have their cooldowns up.

As for the rest,
if you aren't killing enemies, providing a massive shield that doesn't charge ults, or healing teammates, you aren't providing value to your team.

Hog isn't going to be a healer, and there's no way he's going to outclass other shield tanks unless they do something crazy.

So yes, hog should be getting kills.
08/07/2017 02:38 PMPosted by HappyFeet

There's a reason everyone said Hog replaced Reaper

Because Reaper in his most effective range was one shot by hog

Reaper can just stand back a little bit then.

Reaper barely has to aim, because hogs hitbox is gigantic, as is his head hitbox.