Roadhog isn't dead. Everybody calm down.

General Discussion
Sure he isn't in a good spot right now, but i believe they they will eventually figure him out. I swear people are so dramatic saying he's dead.
That's because he's currently dead.

He doesn't need resuscitation. He need resurrection.
08/10/2017 02:26 PMPosted by Arandmoor
That's because he's currently dead.

theyre working on it
And WHAT does Hog offer to the team now? And will even with these "changes"?

You need tanking? Pick Rein
You need to secure kills? Go Winston
You need the precious OHK on OP 4 sec CD? Go DF (just to say - 4 sec is exactly TWICE lower than Hog's CD now)

Want to be a punching bag? Go Hog, sure
https://www.overbuff.com/heroes/roadhog 0.87% pickrate is not dead?
Preach
-junkrat
bad since day one, junkrat mains ask for buffs but aren't that vocal

-roadhog
bad for a month roaDHOG IS DEAD ROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEAD
08/10/2017 02:28 PMPosted by MaxyBlack
https://www.overbuff.com/heroes/roadhog 0.87% pickrate is not dead?

That's what i mean when i say he isn't in a good spot right now. nobody's picking him, but he's not dead.

08/10/2017 02:26 PMPosted by Arandmoor

yes, this all the way.
He is dead for most people bcs they dont want a tank, they want an unkillable easy dps with sweet sr gains.
That's what i mean when i say he isn't in a good spot right now. nobody's picking him, but he's not dead.

last time when i picked him in comp my teammate decided to play torb and build turret in spawn.

Hog is considered as troll pick.
08/10/2017 02:24 PMPosted by SteamLeeCat
Sure he isn't in a good spot right now, but i believe they they will eventually figure him out.

Well keep in mind people have been asking for these Widow buffs for over a year and Blizz finally gave the approval so getting Roadhog the buffs he needs might take just as long
I think he's gonna go back to being too strong with his upcoming buff. Who cares if it takes a couple seconds longer to apply damage if you won't even die to ultimates. He's gonna be especially good at OT on attack on payload matches.

Hog mains just want him to one shot again, and won't accept a new identity. Even if he proves to be strong.
Roadhog is In widowmakers previous spot, only without a kephrii to show how good hog can be constantly, as harbleu has mostly moved on from hog.

Longing for death but unable to die, Roadhog merely existed until eventually, his players just stopped thinking.
08/10/2017 02:39 PMPosted by VenusArmani
I think he's gonna go back to being too strong with his upcoming buff. Who cares if it takes a couple seconds longer to apply damage if you won't even die to ultimates. He's gonna be especially good at OT on attack on payload matches.

Hog mains just want him to one shot again, and won't accept a new identity. Even if he proves to be strong.

No, i just want a hero that scares flankers away so i can protect my teammates.
What is the point of using hook when you can't kill anyone?

Heal buff with damage resistance? Great now you can 1v1 guy who killed your whole team with ult charged on your fat belly, and you know what? he will not even try to kill you, he will fallow you so he will be able to get as much ult charge as possible

he's not going to be strong. its literally gonna be a "timed death" and the intended use for it is to help him "decide who to hook."
The moment that two second damage reduction goes down, he's more or less very vulnerable because he would be highly focused down due to the fact all he can really do is walk, which prevents him from helping his team unless he body blocks, then that "hey, im a sitting duck waiting to take the full front of your damage in a few seconds" idea will be sorely true. its not going to be a strong hog.

08/10/2017 02:37 PMPosted by Killbill
He is dead for most people bcs they dont want a tank, they want an unkillable easy dps with sweet sr gains.

Just !@#$ off. you're literally ignoring that if people wanna tank they'd go a different hero than roadhog because roadhog, for the most part, really isnt a tank unless you want to get yelly about his health pool. thats about it. This update to fix hog is literally just a mask to delay the inevitable, unwanted, unneeded, highly unnecessary rework for his whole kit.
08/10/2017 02:43 PMPosted by MaxyBlack

No, i just want a hero that scares flankers away so i can protect my teammates.
What is the point of using hook when you can't kill anyone?

Heal buff with damage resistance? Great now you can 1v1 guy who killed your whole team with ult charged on your fat belly, and you know what? he will not even try to kill you, he will fallow you so he will be able to get as much ult charge as possible

Damage the flankers, then when they try to run away, hook them and finish them off. I think he's gonna be more a backline protector and a damage soaker now.

Like for example, I think he might be able to pull a D.va bomb toward him and heal up if he times it right to make it useless. I dunno, I would have to play with it. Or pull in an ulting Genji after he dashes and then heal up to tank most of the damage. It will make pulse bomb even less useful on him as well, allowing him to survive long enough to force a retreat.
People saying that the Roadhog change didn't do anything don't know what they are talking about. This is a MAJOR buff, if you know how to use it right. Apparently people don't.
08/10/2017 02:59 PMPosted by Sammo4
People saying that the Roadhog change didn't do anything don't know what they are talking about. This is a MAJOR buff, if you know how to use it right. Apparently people don't.

If you don't like his new playstyle, and he absolutely is not effective in his old one, then you will be very disappointed in this buff. If you're one of those very few that like his new playstyle, and already using him to defend healers and damage soak, this is a major buff.[i][/i]
08/10/2017 02:59 PMPosted by Sammo4

How do you use it right? The change literally only makes him live for longer, yet he can't do much while living in the first place. Besides, the old "Take a Breather" was great. It added a layer of strategy and positioning to the hero.
08/10/2017 02:33 PMPosted by Aldrich
-junkrat
bad since day one, junkrat mains ask for buffs but aren't that vocal

-roadhog
bad for a month roaDHOG IS DEAD ROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEADROADHOG IS DEAD

There were reasons/situations to pick Junk, there is no reason to pick hog over any other tank.