Skin/Stat Transfer from console to PC

General Discussion
Dear Blizzard
I switched to PC a couple of month ago still play Xbox at the same time between households. The link account option has only done one thing for me getting the golden lootbox. But it would be nice if you had the option to transfer skins and strats as well. Not just from PC to console but Console to PC as well! It would just be nice if everything we worked hard for wasn't just erased just because we decided to switch platforms.
~A Random Junkrat main
Unfortunately, at the moment it is not possible due to Sony and Microsoft limiting Blizzard's access to the servers where the information is stored. They cannot confirm you have the skins (excluding the golden boxes, which are codes, and the oni/police skins which were part of events on servers they could see data for) and therefore cannot give you access to any of them.

Hopefully Sony/Microsoft change this rule in the future.
As awesome as it would be my dude, Jeff said they have no control over Sony or Microsoft's servers and what they do with our data. In other words, we are screwed. When we want to go PC, we have to leave behind everything we worked for. Sucks total !@#. That and when PS5 or Xboxwhatever comes out, the platform may or may not even support OW for their system with us still loosing our data. Because of this, I'm going PC soon. It's a lose/lose unfortunately.
Does EA use their own servers? I suppose they must as you are able to transfer progress for some of their games. I did so in PvZ Garden Warfare.
It is possible for Blizz to do so but it's a lot of hassle. Smite used to let you get a one time transfer a few years ago. So it's doable but seems to be tricky. Plus it means less moneyz so..
08/12/2017 06:04 AMPosted by SpiritDragon
As awesome as it would be my dude, Jeff said they have no control over Sony or Microsoft's servers and what they do with our data. In other words, we are screwed. When we want to go PC, we have to leave behind everything we worked for. Sucks total !@#. That and when PS5 or Xboxwhatever comes out, the platform may or may not even support OW for their system with us still loosing our data. Because of this, I'm going PC soon. It's a lose/lose unfortunately.

Yeah dude this sucks R.I.P all my console pride now I'm a level 40 PC player
08/12/2017 06:15 AMPosted by Asgeirr
It is possible for Blizz to do so but it's a lot of hassle. Smite used to let you get a one time transfer a few years ago. So it's doable but seems to be tricky. Plus it means less moneyz so..

True but when it comes to money you can get your stats and skin without spending a single penny in fact I think that they would get more money due to people buying the game for both platforms