remove healthpacks from the map

PTR Feedback
it's really annoying playing around heathpacks, and very frustrating when u get killed by a random splash damage because u were low. I think the heathpacks should be dropped when u die, like the scraps for torbj, i think the healthpack should be a reward for a kill, rather then an annoying task to do. (im talking about FFA mode)
Or just add auto regen like mercy but after 5-10 secs when out of combat
It's kinda fun chasing after low lifes and cleaning up. So far I don't mind the health packs.
But good idea if they spawn on a kill. Maybe a mode on it's own?!
The Health Packs are fine, how are you gonna get health after killing someone as McCree? Health Gen over time would make people hide and ks even more kills. Its death match, there are health packs, there is ks and its soo much fun.
08/14/2017 04:00 AMPosted by MagikShot
it's really annoying playing around heathpacks, and very frustrating when u get killed by a random splash damage because u were low. I think the heathpacks should be dropped when u die, like the scraps for torbj, i think the healthpack should be a reward for a kill, rather then an annoying task to do. (im talking about FFA mode)

Health drop in Overwatch FFA mode is not a good mechanic because it is not a actual FFA mechanic begin with. I am not sure you are familiar with quake series but it is known for FFA death match and it is a skill shooter.

You start without nothing and work around armor and health spawn, collect ammo packs. Game wanted you to be in control over map. without map knowledge, very skilled player can be shot down by a player has both skill and map knowledge. This was the core element which made FFA so fast paced and fun.

If you get health by killing enemies (like how reaper used to be) it will probably remove the fast paced game play and encourage camping. Since you will have health when you kill enemy where you had advantage.

08/14/2017 04:19 AMPosted by Kyoto
Or just add auto regen like mercy but after 5-10 secs when out of combat

This is also not a good idea. What FFA death match makes fun is how fast paced it is. Just a self heal mechnanic for every body simply reduces speed of game. Also going after a health pack when you are low, is kinda makes game more fun.

This is what i think of Quakewatch as a former quake 3 player. Maybe using thi mechanics will add more insight to the game play but so far self sustain should not be viable to every hero
I prefer playing around health packs. You see, map control is an important part of deathmatch, that allows even the players that are bad mechanically come out on top simply denying health. If anything, I'd suggest adding even more pickups in this gamemode: armor, cooldown resets, ultimate chargers, some powerups (QUAD DAMAGE). Will be pretty interesting to see how this would play out.
I am not sure you are familiar with quake series

bro u don't even!, that mode sucks! rewards RP not skill. i played RA3(best skilled mode ever) just because of that.
and why u pick quake as an example? take MOHAA as an example.
the fights in ow are already clunky and u want to add more clunkyness.

08/14/2017 06:53 AMPosted by Medal
that allows even the players that are bad mechanically

forfuksake NOOO , if u r bad u die. it's disgusting trying to give low skilled players some advantages. map control was never a think in FFA. it's a plus not the core of this mode
08/14/2017 02:40 PMPosted by MagikShot
why u pick quake as an example? take MOHAA as an example.
the fights in ow are already clunky and u want to add more clunkyness.

I picked quake because gameplay experience is similar to overwatch. In mohaa, yes duel and fights are more stable but overwatch and quake are more decision making. This is the part it becomes clunky and i think this is inevitable. The more game becomes decision making, the more it can be clunky.

Map control also not be core of many FFA modes but in overwatch map control is important. It is decision making. Overall all not all hereos has much mechanical skill. like winston only has punching someone before landing so you can do more cheap dmg.

I dont think you meant mechanically low skilled player tho. decision making is a skill allow teams to win and a player made decision A over B, this is should have effect on the fight. In overwatch probably decision making is more effective than mechanicall skill because of the model sizes