Lucio Ball Linked with Regular Comp

Bug Report
I'm 3005 on Lucio Ball currently, when trying to play with my friend who is 3217 in Lucio Ball but is 4121 in Competitive I'm not allowed to queue with him, hope this isn't intentional and if it is really think you should make it link with Lucio Ball and not competitive, it's really frustrating wanting to play with my friend but he can't play with any of us.
Hi. Apologies for this bug. We have found the issue and are working on deploying a fix to each platform as soon as we can.

Here's what will probably happen:

PC should patch sometime today (8/9)

The console fix will go to certification with Microsoft and Sony today.

As soon as the fix passes certification we will deploy to each console (one might pass faster than the other -- it's out of our hands, apologies for this).

Also, one thing to note: we have a separate console hotfix patch that is currently already awaiting certification and should deploy sometime today or tomorrow. Many players will confuse this with the Lucioball fix but unfortunately, this is unrelated to that.

Hope this clears things up. Really sorry this happened.
08/09/2017 09:53 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Hi. Apologies for this bug. We have found the issue and are working on deploying a fix to each platform as soon as we can.

As soon as the fix passes certification we will deploy to each console (one might pass faster than the other -- it's out of our hands, apologies for this).

Also, one thing to note: we have a separate console hotfix patch that is currently already awaiting certification and should deploy sometime today or tomorrow. Many players will confuse this with the Lucioball fix but unfortunately, this is unrelated to that.

Jeff, i was hoping you could help me please! Is "Group does not meet the requirements to queue for Competitive play" one of the bugs regarding not being able to play lucioball competitive too?

So I'm confused, is there a fix going live for the Lucioball Limbo Searching bug for PC today?
08/09/2017 10:01 AMPosted by LolaScully

So I'm confused, is there a fix going live for the Lucioball Limbo Searching bug for PC today?

.... Many players will confuse this with the Lucioball fix but unfortunately, this is unrelated to that.
08/09/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Yenjou
08/09/2017 10:01 AMPosted by LolaScully

.... Many players will confuse this with the Lucioball fix but unfortunately, this is unrelated to that.

Yes, I read that but I don't know if he meant for console or PC.

JEFF I LOVE YOU ;)
For you who didn't understand:

The fix will come sometime today c: Just be patient
08/09/2017 10:05 AMPosted by LolaScully
08/09/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Yenjou

Yes, I read that but I don't know if he meant for console or PC.

....PC should patch sometime today (8/9)

and can we please get the bug where if you requeue fast enough you are not actually put into queue this bug is still in the game after a year of me reporting it. Fix this bug please it shouldn't be that hard to fix.
ty jeff

Thank you for actually speaking on console support, it's refreshing to see.

Thanks for addressing this jeff because this maybe the only thing I can do in comp with friends.

Can you give us an estimated time on when we'll see the patch go live on console?
it still isnt fixed guys. im done with this bs. i cant even get a second placement match because of this damn bug
ya its been awhile
Update:

This fix is rolling out to PC via a client patch right now.

The fix is being submitted for certification to Microsoft and Sony and will go live as soon as it passes.
@Jeff,

Does this patch contain stuff that would effect EU connectivity?

As per - https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/17616652469
Hi, so. We've been pretty patient with all the problems, but we have wanted to play since it went live.

Think you can be a sport and maybe give us Double XP again? Just for this event? You know, for science, and because you're a super awesome person?

Thx. XOXO