The New Loot Boxes aren't as Good.

General Discussion
Loot boxes aren't good anymore. During this event I've gotten 3 of the new skins and 5 legendaries that are just normal legendaries not even the old event. And I'm not getting duplicates so I'm not getting credits to even be able to buy the new skins. This was through 75+ different loot boxes.
08/09/2017 02:01 PMPosted by CyanSorcery
Loot boxes aren't good anymore. During this event I've gotten 3 of the new skins and 5 legendaries that are just normal legendaries not even the old event. And I'm not getting duplicates so I'm not getting credits to even be able to buy the new skins. This was through 75+ different loot boxes.

you still got 2.5 weeks to go, why are you complaining.
08/09/2017 02:03 PMPosted by Azmuel
08/09/2017 02:01 PMPosted by CyanSorcery

Because you don't get many credits from these loot boxes and you're getting too many of the normal skins.
I fully understand, because for me, I only got 50 currency in 8 boxes. I'm only short of 135 currency to have 3000 to buy the Mercy skin, but tomorrow is the last day I'll be able to play the event and I can't buy loot boxes =|
Imo loot boxes are a lot better. I got every legendary event skin except soldiers which I can buy or open up later. Most epic stuff except a couple of odd things. Also just based on what I've seen, you getting dupes means that you already have unlocked all the voice lines and poses/icons. Which is good, at least much better than where we were just a few months ago.
This is actually a good point. I got four legendaries from 26 loot boxes, 2 of which were normal events. One was cash. And the other was a Zarya from last year. Because they decreased the rate of duplicates all the cash you earn from doubles is replaced with random sprays, normal skins, and player icons. I think it's impossible to satisfy anybody. Because for every person who doesn't get enough legendaries there's always a person who got 5 of the same legendaries. I think the best solution would have to be to buy normal priced items yourself or increase the rate of epics and decrease the normals slightly.
To be honest, I have 5.2k credit atm. after 20 boxes I got 50 credits and 0 event skins... Im tbh scared that I will not even get 1 new event skin, and that Im not going to be able to get the 800 coins for 2x skins ...
It is about the same as the last event minus the dupes (so less money earned) and mostly getting sprays and icons. Think out of 10 boxes got one regular legendary skin which almost matches last event although my luck did change for the better later in the event. Keeping my fingers crossed.
08/09/2017 02:12 PMPosted by DinozaDude
To be honest, I have 5.2k credit atm. after 20 boxes I got 50 credits and 0 event skins... Im tbh scared that I will not even get 1 new event skin, and that Im not going to be able to get the 800 coins for 2x skins ...

other than event skins how many legendaries did you get?

08/09/2017 02:11 PMPosted by velvet
I got four legendaries from 26 loot boxes

seriously that is amazing luck you are supposed to get one every 13 at the least.
08/09/2017 02:05 PMPosted by CyanSorcery
08/09/2017 02:03 PMPosted by Azmuel

Because you don't get many credits from these loot boxes and you're getting too many of the normal skins.

Am I? Or do you mean that is YOUR experience?

They're fine to me so far
New loot boxes are clearly better get out of here with your blasphemy
Guys, there is 2.5 weeks to go, considering you'd play 1 hour a day, which Im certain some of you do more than 1 hour, that'd equal to 1 box a day, 2.5 weeks equals roughly 17 boxes by playing 1 hour a day. Which is minimum effort, and this is not including the 9 boxes you can get from arcade.

I've already gotten 4 legendaries, all event in not even 10 crates.

Maybe you just have been unlucky, but a lot of others aren't and I'm certain alot more people would be unsatisfied with the old system compared to the new one.
I get boxes with three or four event items per box. I'd rather win stuff than cash. I have 5000 stockpiled credits and tons of stuff to win... I'm just rolling in the loot boxes as fast as I can! :D
I can agree. I have 2500 credits and I want that McCree skin but I don't know if I will get it.
Your chances of getting a brand new skin or item have decreased. I don't understand how you don't believe this isn't as good considering you now have a higher chance at legendary skins than before. Are you saying you'd rather get a handful of coins that give you very little progress towards getting an expensive skin rather than having a much higher chance at getting it?
08/09/2017 02:25 PMPosted by SpookySquid
I can agree. I have 2500 credits and I want that McCree skin but I don't know if I will get it.

I try to build up my credits towards the end of the event so I can get the skins I really want and don't win.
08/09/2017 02:18 PMPosted by Azmuel
08/09/2017 02:12 PMPosted by DinozaDude

other than event skins how many legendaries did you get?

08/09/2017 02:11 PMPosted by velvet
I got four legendaries from 26 loot boxes

seriously that is amazing luck you are supposed to get one every 13 at the least.

1 legendery, cpt. Ana its a nice skin I cant admit it, but I want that damn 76 :c
The OP has an outstanding point, and it was my primary concern with the change to the boxes. The great thing about duplicates was that they gave you flat in-game currency that you could use to acquire what you actually wanted. We're not getting that anymore, now it is all dice rolls. And as much as I understand why they do it, it is still a case where the dice rolls are weighted heavily against the player.
There's about 120 possible summer event items if you include last years stuff, and each box guarantees at least 1 and up to 4.

Since you don't get dupes anymore, and you claim it was over 75 loot boxes. You should be near having everything.

And on top of that you've gotten 5 normal legendaries. What do you suppose the chances of you getting all of that from the old loot box system is?

I can promise you it wouldn't have given you enough credits to buy it all.