QoL for Sombra: Make Hacked Targets Visible

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
09/16/2017 03:32 PMPosted by Jez
Very new to Sombra, but there's some considerable sluggishness with her that other quick heroes don't have. There seems to be a GCD in between using Invis and Translocator that makes the process too slow and jarring. You can't escape as well in a pinch--something that might help her see more play in lower ranks.

Hacked targets should have a coloured bar, just like Ana 'nade, I agree. Sombra is reliant on good team play, and anything that helps people warm to her is a good thing.

Would be nice if they bumped her movespeed up to match Tracer and Genji, since she fulfills essentially the same role of a highly-mobile flanker.

And agreed - hacked targets definitely need to have a more prominent visual cue!
Come blizzard you need to do a little for sombra and doomfist, both still seem not fully finalized. Orisas ult is still boring.
08/11/2017 07:52 PMPosted by CorruptGamer
I'm just posting because I fully agree, if mercy is hacked there's no reason why my team shouldn't be able to visually make that out themselves.

Hopefully this is considered

Back at it again bevause I don't know how this hasn't been noticed yet.

Discord is so visible yet hack remains a subtle glimmer

It's a small QoL that helps the game flow better as a whole and helps Sombra mix with her team better
B O O P
09/18/2017 02:54 PMPosted by CorruptGamer
08/11/2017 07:52 PMPosted by CorruptGamer
I'm just posting because I fully agree, if mercy is hacked there's no reason why my team shouldn't be able to visually make that out themselves.

Hopefully this is considered

Back at it again bevause I don't know how this hasn't been noticed yet.

Discord is so visible yet hack remains a subtle glimmer

It's a small QoL that helps the game flow better as a whole and helps Sombra mix with her team better

I'd really love it if they would just test it on the PTR to see what impact (if any) it actually has on teamwork around Sombra's hacks.
09/19/2017 08:10 AMPosted by Flyphoenix
B O O P

Indeed!
am i the only one here who thinks Mercy is way to fast in her Ult form for hack to be effective? she needs to be able to disable passives to be able to be an effective counter, i just lost a game cause she can fly out of your hack range with ease, and even if you do get it off, she can just stay out of your effective fire range, i'm trying, but it's protect the mercy hard core now
09/21/2017 07:11 PMPosted by ImJustBait
am i the only one here who thinks Mercy is way to fast in her Ult form for hack to be effective? she needs to be able to disable passives to be able to be an effective counter, i just lost a game cause she can fly out of your hack range with ease, and even if you do get it off, she can just stay out of your effective fire range, i'm trying, but it's protect the mercy hard core now

Hacking Mercy in ult-form is mostly useless - you have to prioritize her as a kill/hack target before the battle gets hairy I think.
09/25/2017 07:23 AMPosted by Ashriel
09/21/2017 07:11 PMPosted by ImJustBait

Hacking Mercy in ult-form is mostly useless - you have to prioritize her as a kill/hack target before the battle gets hairy I think.

oh i've been trying, flanking now a days feels impossible cause it's all about protect the mercy, and it's especially hectic if your team isn't running one, she feels like such a staple in comp now, and who would be a better counter than Sombra? she can literally turn her abilities off, but if you're like me, she'll use her ult at the same time you use your hack, or notices your hack and someone is off in the distance,and just flies out of range with no problem, and it's especially frustrating cause hack only takes .7 seconds to apply

unless i combo emp/hack and scream focus mercy a 1000x in chat, my team still refuses to go after her, and she just stays on the ceiling way out of Sombras range (at least in some maps) i feel like sombra needs an actual buff now just to compete, i don't think a visual update would make her run well against Mercy any better

if anyone is slaughtering Mercy, please share some tips and tricks with this guy, i've been practicing Sombra exclusively to try and stall out/kill Mercy, just not having a whole lot of success (my main plan is always get behind while invis, set up my distance, and try and get my hack off on Mercy and kill her (yes i have trans setup for an escape))
This would be exactly the small little change sombra needs. Totally agree!
Surprised this hasn't been implemented yet. If Discord can be as visible as it is, hack should be too. Please do it, Blizz.
B O O P !
09/27/2017 09:31 AMPosted by destroyer
Surprised this hasn't been implemented yet. If Discord can be as visible as it is, hack should be too. Please do it, Blizz.

I'd be super appreciative of any insight into how the OW team perceives Sombra's role and current position within the roster. I think she's an incredibly interesting hero that unfortunately does not see the same amount of play or level of success as most other heroes, and I only hope that her QoL and gameplay challenges are identified for development sprint prioritization.

<3
I AM BLIZZARD AND I WILL NEVER READ THIS!
09/27/2017 07:31 AMPosted by nuke
This would be exactly the small little change sombra needs. Totally agree!

Yay Sombra players!
09/29/2017 10:15 AMPosted by WeirdWølf
I AM BLIZZARD AND I WILL NEVER READ THIS!

Never replying and never reading is a separate thing: see Jeff's new reply.
B O O P !
09/29/2017 06:21 PMPosted by Flyphoenix
B O O P !

Boop!
Anyone who has PTR access try Sombra out there to see if there are any changes?
10/04/2017 05:57 PMPosted by Formless
Anyone who has PTR access try Sombra out there to see if there are any changes?

None that I've noticed