After a week of Doomfist, how do you feel?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 19 Next
08/01/2017 04:43 PMPosted by ModifiedH
i think that the only thing wrong with him is when you cancel his rocket punch with your primary fire key it still acts like you used it and you still need to wait for its cool down.

That's the point though. If you choose to not commit to it it's like you used it. The cooldown is short anyway I think it's fine.
I am close to 20 hours on him now(achievement) & I must say he turned out a lot more enjoyable than I thought!

Now i'm gonna try and play more against him as other characters to see how that feels.
He's better than orisa and more fun than sombra at launch. Buffed sombra is fun to play but when she came out it was bad. Overall I think they did a good job with the release of doomfist.
greyleopardd,

This is a really good, productive post. This is the type of thing that's really helpful to us. Good, fair, feedback and community discussion handled in a very productive way.

Thank you.
08/01/2017 04:50 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
greyleopardd,

This is a really good, productive post. This is the type of thing that's really helpful to us. Good, fair, feedback and community discussion handled in a very productive way.

Thank you.

Just kinda hope you guys listen to this feedback and not the 30 threads wanting the poor guy nerfed into the ground only a week after release because he has a oneshot ability.

That being said, I really hope Doomfist isn't getting changed yet in this upcoming PTR patch Geoff was talking about. If he needed anything changed, it'd probably be his ultimate which currently isn't very good right now, but that's really if he NEEDED something changed.
greyleopardd,

Thank you.

Good job man you even got Jeff to post on it.

It looks like Blizzard is seeking out some constructive criticism instead of whining, and I don't blame them.
greyleopardd,

Thank you.

Cool, you see this. What about all the complains about competitive? Oh wait.. you don't care about that.
I like him, but he's gonna take time to get used to playing! xD
greyleopardd,

Thank you.
Good to see you Jeff! I'm loving Doomfist right now.
he has allot of counters and some heroes just plain shut him down making him useless. but i enjoy playing him because finally i can punch those irritating tracer and genjis and turn them into paste.

that being said it feels sometimes that his passive doesnt help him survive that much probaly because hes pretty easy to hit so more often then not you end up dying before you even know it,
08/01/2017 04:53 PMPosted by Dismas
greyleopardd,

Thank you.

Cool, you see this. What about all the complains about competitive? Oh wait.. you don't care about that.

Completely unrelated to the thread at hand.
greyleopardd,

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure they're aware. Don't be a prick.
I think Doomfist is great! I always feel like when I play against him, if I have my wits about me, he's the one taking the risk. I've been one-punched a few times but i've definitely killed him more.
greyleopardd,

Thank you.

My name is not greyleopardd, it's Edgelord.
I think his punch shouldn't be a one shot kill if the enemy also hits the wall. It should do a hell of amount of damage and bonus damage with the wall combo but it shouldn't be a one shot kill.

And because he can be used as a high mobility hero, I think his HP should be 175-200, not 250HP. I know some people are going to say "Doomfist is not a high mobility hero", my responds to them is, yes he is! People that practice Doomfist will learn to use his abilities as a way to travel a large distance quickly. Similar to Genji's strike, it's an offensive ability to secure kills but people use to as an escape all the time, at least the good Genjis'. His shield is fine, just his HP needs a nerf to make it fair.

I see Doomfist getting a nerf in the future, as soon as most players start abusing his short cool downs and his one shot kill superman punch.
08/01/2017 04:54 PMPosted by Beelzebub

I'm pretty sure they're aware. Don't be a prick.

Cool, then stay ignorant, kid. As long as Daddy Jeff responds to a thread, you're happy for a few days/weeks, am I right?
I've played one game of QP since DF was released, none of these pro Doomfists will play tank or healer.
Doomfist is fine. Some bugs with seismic slam but thats it. So much fun to play as, with and against. Love everything about him from his real name to his role in Overwatch, his theme music and his lore. Doomfist has single handedly made this game fun again.

As for Rocket Punch, its fine. Its high risk and high reward. I'm sure blizz has the numbers. Doomfist isn't running around with godlike k/d and winrate.
08/01/2017 04:56 PMPosted by Dismas
08/01/2017 04:54 PMPosted by Beelzebub
...I'm pretty sure they're aware. Don't be a prick.

Cool, then stay ignorant, kid. As long as Daddy Jeff responds to a thread, you're happy for a few days/weeks, am I right?

Go make the thread you want about the complaints you have - don't hijack a thread that's intended for a specific topic and make it about what you dislike or aren't currently enjoying...if you want your issues heard, a seperate thread will likely get their attention more.